#MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    walmart has done more harm to this country than Bin Laden
    Questionable. Bin Laden, whom is responsible for 9/11, forced us into the Patriot Act to protect our country "at any cost". So he's helped destroy civil liberties, on top of give our "leaders" an excuse to go marching into other countries because we feel like it and throw away American lives. The War on Terror has killed many innocent non-Americans over the years, and it' only hurts us more.

We throw away all this money away at the defense budget because of the fear of what might happen again.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    Questionable. Bin Laden, whom is responsible for 9/11, forced us into the Patriot Act to protect our country "at any cost". So he's helped destroy civil liberties, on top of give our "leaders" an excuse to go marching into other countries because we feel like it and throw away American lives. The War on Terror has killed many innocent non-Americans over the years, and it' only hurts us more.

We throw away all this money away at the defense budget because of the fear of what might happen again.
    One could argue he gave the gov't an avenue to do what they were going to do anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Could have stopped at Maher.
    Refute what I said.
    They're having a food drive for their own employees. Is that not...****ing sad?
    Do they not treat and pay their employees like garbage?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    One could argue he gave the gov't an avenue to do what they were going to do anyway.
    More or less.

His actions just basically cut the red tape and gave them the perfect excuse to enact it anyways.
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post

blaming bin laden for "forcing us into the patriot act" etc is like blaming the hearse for your death

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Refute what I said.
    They're having a food drive for their own employees. Is that not...****ing sad?
    Do they not treat and pay their employees like garbage?
    ...and yet those employees continue to work there under such awful conditions. I'll never understand why the blame will be directed at the company employing these people and not the millions of other companies not employing these people (at higher wages). At least Wal-Mart is creating A job which is better than NO job. Like Weso said, it's a business with a lot of bottom rung jobs paying wages/benefits commensurate with the low level of skill required to perform those jobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I watched a show last night about Appalachian coal mining circa 1920-50's.
    the coal companies came in bought up all the usable land and set up towns.
    Generations worked the mines. Together -as in shoulder to shoulder.

"Like Weso said, it's a business with a lot of bottom rung jobs paying wages/benefits commensurate with the low level of skill required to perform those jobs."

//////////////////////

pop quiz ....

How did those generations of mining families finally get fair working conditions ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-27-2013 at 09:09 PM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    walmart has done more harm to this country than Bin Laden
    I would actually like to read, in specifics, why you think this. (in your own words)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I would actually like to read, in specifics, why you think this. (in your own words)
    haha
    thank you weso1!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-27-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    will try to hit a few spots for ya while waiting on my ride to go see this band

*wal mart is at least 10% of the trade deficit with China on their own
    *has helped contribute to manufacturing jobs leaving the USA
    *they pay their workers a non living wage (thus meaning they have to get on food stamps etc etc to just survive)
    *they destroy local business cause a small mom and pop company can't compete with their prices (predatory pricing) since Wal mart lobbied and got a break on taxes. 60% of local business money stays in the community making communities flourish
    *when their sweetheart of a deal ends they close up shop in that community (a lot of the times), leaving a huge vacant building and then moving to another location outside the city limits getting another sweetheart deal etc etc and the cycle continues
    *lack of insurance to over half of their staff

got to roll though now but to argue Wal Mart is good is soulless and pathetic and is a great example of everything that is wrong with this country. just making a **** ton of money and not caring what it does to the people/community/town/state/country/world isn't something that should be praised. in fact, the opposite should be done

have a good thanksgiving

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    But goldfly, they're wildly successful. Just because they know how to rig the game better than everyone else, don't blame them.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    will try to hit a few spots for ya while waiting on my ride to go see this band

*wal mart is at least 10% of the trade deficit with China on their own
    *has helped contribute to manufacturing jobs leaving the USA
    *they pay their workers a non living wage (thus meaning they have to get on food stamps etc etc to just survive)
    *they destroy local business cause a small mom and pop company can't compete with their prices (predatory pricing) since Wal mart lobbied and got a break on taxes. 60% of local business money stays in the community making communities flourish
    *when their sweetheart of a deal ends they close up shop in that community (a lot of the times), leaving a huge vacant building and then moving to another location outside the city limits getting another sweetheart deal etc etc and the cycle continues
    *lack of insurance to over half of their staff

got to roll though now but to argue Wal Mart is good is soulless and pathetic and is a great example of everything that is wrong with this country. just making a **** ton of money and not caring what it does to the people/community/town/state/country/world isn't something that should be praised. in fact, the opposite should be done

have a good thanksgiving

1. OK?

2. So? Blame the government and unions for that one

3. Again, why are you blaming Walmart? Why not blame the employees who are choosing to work there? Or blame other heartless companies for not voluntarily stealing Walmart workers away with great wages

4. How are they destroying local business, if they are providing goods locally? Why is cheaper prices bad for the "local community." I guarantee you that Walmart provides more tax dollars back into the local community than any mom and pop shop

5. This makes them evil? Should they not have this right?

6. Why should a company pay health insurance to millions of employees who work part time and are highly unskilled and are likely to not be with the company in 6 months? Retail workers have the highest turnover rate in any business in the world, yet employees are supposed to invest millions in people who won't be with the company very long? Also, why is a corporation not offering health insurance an evil thing? Your god Obama just gave those folks an "affordable" option, so win-win.

Having said all of that, even if all your 6 claims are 100% left, I'm not sure how you can compare the "evilness" to somebody like Bin Laden

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Wal-Mart actively distorts the conditions of competition. Without a level playing field there isn't actually a free market. If you actually loved the free market, you would be against Wal-Mart.

I don't have anything against mega-stores, per se, but Wal-Mart stores usually seem a little bit sad on the inside. Kind of a depressing place to go.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Well Meta you have it wrong.

See from what I've been able to discern, monopolies or entities that are near monopolies are more than acceptable as long as it's done by a private sector company. If it's done by the government (efficient and cheap healthcare), then it's BAAAAAAD.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    was the "efficient and cheap healthcare" line meant to be a joke?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Hmmmm... you know that WM is the biggestg grocery store in the world, yes?
    You think those groceries are coming from America?

Even at that ignoring all that, I'm still baffled you support Walmart who's arguably the biggest abuser of corporate Welfare in the world I'd think you who wants everyone off the Government teet would not be cool with that. But I guess it's easy to say you're against corporate welfare but not follow your beliefs with companies who exploit it.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    So I'm assuming none of you have ever shopped at Wal Mart then? I hope you wouldn't support something financially that is so bad for this country. They don't have good customer service but they are the #1 retailer in the country. They must be doing something right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    You think those groceries are coming from America?

Even at that ignoring all that, I'm still baffled you support Walmart who's arguably the biggest abuser of corporate Welfare in the world I'd think you who wants everyone off the Government teet would not be cool with that. But I guess it's easy to say you're against corporate welfare but not follow your beliefs with companies who exploit it.
    No. I hate corporate welfare. But at least Walmart provides jobs and taxes back into the system. Plus they offer cheap prices for goods that people want. I'm not saying they're some amazing saint, but you guys are acting like their the devil himself

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Zito, those groceries are coming from America.

If walmart wasn't in the position they are in, some other company would be in that position doing the same exact things that walmart does. Every company looks for every loophole that they can use for Thier advantage. Companies have to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    So I'm assuming none of you have ever shopped at Wal Mart then? I hope you wouldn't support something financially that is so bad for this country. They don't have good customer service but they are the #1 retailer in the country. They must be doing something right.
    i don't

i support local/small business

i haven't spent a penny in that hell hole in over a decade