Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GDT braces vs mets

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Snit doin enough for the job permanently? You have to wonder at this point.

That said, he needs to get us a lead on that no 1 pick race.
    Braves are only 3 games below .500 under Snitker. Schedule has something to do with that, but at least the team isn't sleepwalking the way it was under Fredi. To me, Fredi's biggest problem is that he just let the team meander around out there with no sense of purpose or urgency. They are professional players and they could threaten the 1962 Mets' all-time record for futility, but they can at least make a semblance of effort out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Snit doin enough for the job permanently? You have to wonder at this point.

That said, he needs to get us a lead on that no 1 pick race.
    If he stays on this trajectory, I think he'll be considered as a finalist for the job in a real way . . . not just lip service. I still think they'll almost certainly conduct an exhaustive search externally either way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dak For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (06-24-2016)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    You all can forget the #1 pick it's not happening. What is happening now puts us closer to where we want to be than a faceless draft pick would. The guys are learning to win, getting a taste of success means more at this point. These wins this year will mean a lot when we are in the wild card hunt next year.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    I was able to watch much of the game on replay (I don't have a MLB package but most weekday games are not blocked when SSE or SSO replay them.)

That play was pretty close, and like Chip and Joe, I don't have an issue not getting the play right in the field (Though the ump's positioning was horrible), but they need to get it right in the replay booth. Before replay it would just be a bad call and you move on. With replay, it's inexcusable. Chip mentioned something that I found interesting (I know, right?). He wondered allowed why umpires are the one's making those replay calls in New York, and maybe helping out their fellow umpires by upholding calls on the field.

It was a great comeback, and the team seems to be gelling. It's still a bad team, but we might now have a chance not to lose 100 games.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nerfherders For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (06-24-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherders View Post
    I was able to watch much of the game on replay (I don't have a MLB package but most weekday games are not blocked when SSE or SSO replay them.)

That play was pretty close, and like Chip and Joe, I don't have an issue not getting the play right in the field (Though the ump's positioning was horrible), but they need to get it right in the replay booth. Before replay it would just be a bad call and you move on. With replay, it's inexcusable. Chip mentioned something that I found interesting (I know, right?). He wondered allowed why umpires are the one's making those replay calls in New York, and maybe helping out their fellow umpires by upholding calls on the field.

It was a great comeback, and the team seems to be gelling. It's still a bad team, but we might now have a chance not to lose 100 games.
    The whole point of MLB replay is to get the call correct. And to be honest, like was mentioned on the broadcast yesterday, they are using the "not enough to overturn" crutch too much. They need to make a call and give a better answer than that.
    Get off my lawn!

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    The whole point of MLB replay is to get the call correct. And to be honest, like was mentioned on the broadcast yesterday, they are using the "not enough to overturn" crutch too much. They need to make a call and give a better answer than that.
    IMO they need to ditch the entire thing. They talk about improving the pace of play and then add this goofy system which stops games dead in their tracks. Go back to how it was, at least then we had to live with the results and got more exciting on the field arguments.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"- Tom Waits

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
    IMO they need to ditch the entire thing. They talk about improving the pace of play and then add this goofy system which stops games dead in their tracks. Go back to how it was, at least then we had to live with the results and got more exciting on the field arguments.
    ...and still gets it wrong way too often for the disruption it causes to the game.

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Yep if the replay system was working at 95% or something, then sure, keep it. Heck, IDK why MLB doesn't have a replay guy at every stadium who watches every play and radios down to the umps when they need to fix a call. This central hub thing is dumb, cheap and time consuming. Surely the league can afford to hire 30 guys to do that gig.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"- Tom Waits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I was proud of Snitker. That's how a manager should react to a BS call.
    Yea, that reminded me of Jeff Banister going nuts last year after a similar call and then Texas came back and won the game. Sadly, Fredi would've never did that. Great job by Snit!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Braves1976 For This Useful Post:

bravos4evr (06-24-2016), Garmel (06-24-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Blair sent down, Marksberry up

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Blair sent down, Marksberry up
    Saw him in San Diego. He didn't trust his stuff. Nibbling until he got in trouble, then bisecting the plate with a fastball.