Page 248 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348748 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 22942

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    He has basically been a top 10 QB for the last year and a half. I'll take that from a guy who is still learning how to play the position.
    Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady, Romo, Wilson, Rivers, Ben, Tannehill, Newton, Foles, with some others debatable, have all been better than Kaep this year. How does that make him "top 10" for a year and a half? He was a bottom-15 QB for a good chunk of games there. Saying he's been top-10 with the type of season he was having is insane.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    right, the GB game was his fault. Not the defense who allowed 5 straight TDs to a Matt Flynn led offense, putting completely uneccessary pressure on the entire team. Yup, ALL romo. classic hater. enjoy your lady QB there in washington. I'll take mine over diva bobby.
    Guess it wasn't his fault that up 5 points, he throws a pick on 2nd down and 6 with 3 mins left in the game?

Hey, our QB is 2-1 vs. Homo including winning the division over him when he threw a pick to lose the game last year. You can have him. Enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady, Romo, Wilson, Rivers, Ben, Tannehill, Newton, Foles, with some others debatable, have all been better than Kaep this year. How does that make him "top 10" for a year and a half? He was a bottom-15 QB for a good chunk of games there. Saying he's been top-10 with the type of season he was having is insane.
    QBR/DVOA all show it. Yes, he has had some bad games this year but he has also had some excellent games. Kaep also has to play against some of the toughest defenses in the league twice a year while these others get soft ones. You can just look at raw stats all you want but in terms of being an efficient QB that is winning games Kaep has done that this year.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    He's like 14th or so in dyar. Quantative stats are more important than rate when determining value.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    QBR/DVOA all show it. Yes, he has had some bad games this year but he has also had some excellent games. Kaep also has to play against some of the toughest defenses in the league twice a year while these others get soft ones. You can just look at raw stats all you want but in terms of being an efficient QB that is winning games Kaep has done that this year.
    Other teams rely on their QBs a lot more. Kaep has been this year what he was last year: more of a bus driver. He doesn't throw games on his shoulders, he controls them, and is a little more explosive than Alex Smith at this point. He doesn't have to win games by himself very often. I think he can be very good. Right now, he's not even close to top-5, not even a little close.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    interesting graph. Does it take into account fumbling the hold as well?

Something about the dude crumbles in Dec. His winning percent is vastly lower in December.
    Team game, Romo cant play defense.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Cant blame Romo for the GB game.

If they get ONE stop, or at worst hold them to a FG one of those TD drives, they win.

But 5 straight TD drives, to Matt Flynn.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    People still defend Romo?

Yes the D is terrible and it's not all his fault but I think we've seen enough of him to come to the conclusion that he's a choker, period.

But I'm ok with admitting the entire Cowboys organization are chokers if you want. They are the ultimate tease, they get their fans all excited and then when December rolls around they fold like a cheap tent.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    People still defend Romo?

Yes the D is terrible and it's not all his fault but I think we've seen enough of him to come to the conclusion that he's a choker, period.

But I'm ok with admitting the entire Cowboys organization are chokers if you want. They are the ultimate tease, they get their fans all excited and then when December rolls around they fold like a cheap tent.
    Romo threw a pick up 5 with 3 mins to go in the game. ON 2nd DOWN! And it's the defense's fault? LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Meh, we scored 36 points. Hard to blame the offense. I blame them more for not putting the ball in the endzone and kicking a bunch of field goals. But, 36 points usually wins, especially against Matt Flynn. When Matt Flynn scored 5 straight TDs, yes, the defense is a huge reason why the team lost. I don't know how that escapes some people. The numbers above show Romo's 4th quarter INTs in close games, and it's overblown by media and those who love to hate him.

I'm done arguing with irrational people. The defense of this team has been a massive problem for years now. People love to blame Romo and ignore how terrible the defense has been for a long time. That's fine, I'm used to it and going to stop trying to convince them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    It is hilarious however to hear redskins fans bash romo, when they have a pussy playing QB. At least Romo takes blame when he makes mistakes. RG3-13 deflects and throws guys under the bus, and gets called out for it. He's the biggest diva at QB in the game. Guys gotta grow a sack and admit when he sucks. Instead, he asks that coaches don't make him look bad. LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    The cowboys would have the same record that the redskins have if RG3-13 were their QB.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Love how you try to switch the topic to RG3 and the Redskins. That doesn't change the fact that Romo is a choke artist.

Redskins have issues, everyone knows that. You won't see me defending anyone on this team this year, they all have been terrible.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    The cowboys would have the same record that the redskins have if RG3-13 were their QB.
    LOL, the Cowboys have a much more talented team than the Skins. Bryant, Austin, Witten, Murray, Terrence Williams. They have far better special teams. Both defenses are terrible.

Everyone says the Cowboys have the most talented team in the division. But, they have no heart and they just crumble year after year.

The problem is the Cowboys and more specifically Romo choke down the stretch every year and Romo comes up lame when he has chances to win.

You guys couldn't beat the Skins last year with a QB playing on 1 leg in a game to win the division. Of course, can't be Romo's fault he threw the pick at the end.

The best thing about it though is the Giants and Cowboys both have their QB's locked up to 100 million dollar contracts.
    Last edited by gilesfan; 12-18-2013 at 01:39 PM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Anyone who thinks Romo is a bad QB is actually a moron.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    I like how every team in the NFL is in trouble because of contracts according to Giles, except his team is a dumpster fire WITHOUT having handed out a massive contract to a QB. Which is worse...
    Ivermectin Man

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I like how every team in the NFL is in trouble because of contracts according to Giles, except his team is a dumpster fire WITHOUT having handed out a massive contract to a QB. Which is worse...
    Well, the Skins aren't in trouble bc of contracts so why would I bring them up as being in trouble bc of a 100 million dollar contract?

When have I said the Skins were in great shape right now?

Thanks

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Anyone who thinks Romo is a bad QB is actually a moron.
    He is a good quarterback who had really bad moments.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...rt-griffin-iii

100 million dollar men:

Despite all that, I'm still optimistic about Griffin's future. He was one of my favorite all-time pro prospects when he came out of Baylor, and, unless injuries ultimately shorten his career, I still believe he'll be a fantastic NFL quarterback. Inconsistent play is the norm for young quarterbacks, not the exception. It's hard to find a person who doesn't think Andrew Luck will be a star (and I agree), but Luck still had a four-game stretch this season in which he threw two touchdowns compared with five interceptions; Colin Kaepernick appears to be playing better now that he has a more complete set of healthy receivers, but he has delivered some clunkers this year, including a game against the Seahawks in which he averaged negative yards per passing attempt after factoring in sacks and interceptions. And it's only rubbing salt in the wound for Ravens and Giants fans to note that, at least statistically, Griffin's 2013 season rates out better than all but two of Joe Flacco's six seasons, and that it took Eli Manning until his fifth season to have a better passer rating than the one Griffin managed this year — a year pretty much everyone declared "awful."

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Guess it wasn't his fault that up 5 points, he throws a pick on 2nd down and 6 with 3 mins left in the game?

Hey, our QB is 2-1 vs. Homo including winning the division over him when he threw a pick to lose the game last year. You can have him. Enjoy.

Won the game for the division while going 9-18 for 100 yards. Stud

What exactly are the Redskins enjoying? Cleaning house, trading Cousins to attempt to salvage a draft.....and probably setting the new standard for highest paid QB in RG3 in a couple years.

Enjoy