Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    lulz
    CB Buchnor is still a major league umpire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I remember making a comment about Matz getting both corners vs Acuna early. That's because he was peppering both corners. We see that in the data.

Braves pitches weren't hitting the corners vs RHH. It is impossible to get the calls if the pitches aren't thrown.

I realize folks want to claim their team got screwed compared to the other team, but it simply wasn't the case last night. I can promise you no Braves fans complained about the bad low strike call the Braves got against a Mets RHH, but everyone remembers the bad strike call the Mets got...and then bitched about it for 2 hours.
    The camargo strike 3 was bad. It also prevented the tying run from coming to the plate in the 8th, so it was a pretty big miss. Couple that call with the Culberson iffy swing/no swing, and it's easy to feel we got screwed. This is a place where hardcore brave fans get together, so it is surprising we get mad when we feel the braves were screwed whether they actually were or not

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Maybe the issue is that the box that the network shows isn't the actual strike zone?
    The issue is fan confirmation bias.

Again, nobody here complained about the bad low strike call vs the Mets. Nobody here complained when the Braves got 2 questionable calls on the outer edge vs LHH.

But when the Mets got such a call? 15 posts about how terrible the umps are.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The camargo strike 3 was bad. It also prevented the tying run from coming to the plate in the 8th, so it was a pretty big miss. Couple that call with the Culberson iffy swing/no swing, and it's easy to feel we got screwed. This is a place where hardcore brave fans get together, so it is surprising we get mad when we feel the braves were screwed whether they actually were or not
    It's a sign of intelligence to be able to step back and realize when facts don't match your personal views, and adjust your views accordingly.

Did you even notice the bad calls the Mets got? Were they in big spots? No idea since you didn't even notice them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    It's a sign of intelligence to be able to step back and realize when facts don't match your personal views, and adjust your views accordingly.

Did you even notice the bad calls the Mets got? Were they in big spots? No idea since you didn't even notice them.
    Never question my intelligence... I'm from Mississippi. We produce as many rhodes scholars as we do soybeans
    Swanson sucks

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts

I think you are removing the human element out too much here. It wasn’t that the ump was biased all night. It was that he clearly let his emotion sway a call. He didn’t like getting questioned on his bull**** swing for cluberson. So he immediately followed that up with the worst call of the night on Jo-gun. That cost the Braves one at bat. One at bat that could have been Acuna hitting in the 9th with 2 on and 2 outs against Diaz.

That is my beef. The ump inserted his feelings into the game and it is clear by the evidence you submitted that he called the strike on camargo only one the entire game. Otherwise he saw it a ball.
    Last edited by bravesfanMatt; 04-12-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    Coppy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

salmagundy (04-12-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    The issue is fan confirmation bias.

Again, nobody here complained about the bad low strike call vs the Mets. Nobody here complained when the Braves got 2 questionable calls on the outer edge vs LHH.

But when the Mets got such a call? 15 posts about how terrible the umps are.
    I routinely point out bad calls for both sides, if I feel the ump is consistently making poor calls. I certainly don’t complain about bad calls that go the Braves way though.

And I don’t have much of a problem with the umpire’s strike zone last night, even if it appears he was calling strikes 6 inches off the plate. My issue was that the strike zone wasn’t consistent for both sides, regardless whether the Fox Trax box was accurate or not.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I routinely point out bad calls for both sides, if I feel the ump is consistently making poor calls. I certainly don’t complain about bad calls that go the Braves way though.

And I don’t have much of a problem with the umpire’s strike zone last night, even if it appears he was calling strikes 6 inches off the plate. My issue was that the strike zone wasn’t consistent for both sides, regardless whether the Fox Trax box was accurate or not.
    I just showed data that proved the strike zone was consistent for both teams all night.

I'm not sure why folks dispute facts. The little red/green triangles and squares on the charts certainly aren't Mets fans...right? Or is the radar system that tracked the pitches a Mets fans...even though it was in Atlanta's home park?