Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: MARLINS host BRAVES 8/23/18

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    620 Posts
    Hey guys.... let's really not mess with our bouncing elephant and dancing/bouncing Emma... not that I'm superstitious or anything...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I didn't realize we hit Anderson twice. If it happens again I still wouldn't complain.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    620 Posts
    Oh- we definitely hit him twice, and both times were purely and clearly intentional. Newk got him and so did Biddle. You can tell what they were tryin to do by Tyler's set ups and reactions when it happened. It should be over now. Marlins manager said as much.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I didn't realize we hit Anderson twice. If it happens again I still wouldn't complain.
    Didn't we just have a complete board melt down over intentionally hitting young players where everyone (falsely) declared they were against it in all scenarios?

It only took a week to show the outcry was complete BS. Whre was the national outrage? Oh wait...Anderson wasn't a hot topic generating tons of clicks at the time, so nobody thought twice about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    The second one was a 78 mph breaking ball that hit him in the leg and didn't look intentional in any way. First one almost certainly was intentional though.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Didn't we just have a complete board melt down over intentionally hitting young players where everyone (falsely) declared they were against it in all scenarios?

It only took a week to show the outcry was complete BS. Whre was the national outrage? Oh wait...Anderson wasn't a hot topic generating tons of clicks at the time, so nobody thought twice about it.
    1. It's pretty obvious that at least a big chunk of the outrage comes from two factors: the perception that Acuna/the Braves had done nothing to warrant being thrown at, and the fact that it actually hurt him, at least temporarily, and made him leave a game
    2. I do not condone throwing at and hitting a player intentionally for any reason. I think it's stupid.
    3. I think the Braves came out better for not having thrown at them in the first game, and I wish they hadn't done it here, either.
    4. You're annoying.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,369 Posts
    I was fine with buzzing Anderson. Not a fan of hitting him high or twice personally. I wasn’t around for the Biddle and didn’t even know that happened until this thread. I doubt the fish hit acuņa intentionally last night. Not on an 0-2 pitch. Doesn’t make sense.

What I hated about urines hitting acuņa the most was he did it to stop him. He was a chicken **** coward. That was my outrage. Hasn’t changed since last Monday.
    Coppy

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Please ban Enscheff....the guy is literally alienating everyone on the board.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan Black View Post
    Don’t worry. I am almost down in Texas to help with a wall to stop aliens. I am going a lot of extra miles this time around.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan Black View Post
    I'm sorry calling out hypocrisy offends you so much.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    I'm sorry calling out hypocrisy offends you so much.
    How DARE people on a stinking internet message board in support of one single team be biased?!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    How DARE people on a stinking internet message board in support of one single team be biased?!
    How DARE someone point out when those people are being blatantly hypocritical?!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    How DARE someone point out when those people are being blatantly hypocritical?!
    When one person's ire is directed at everyone, and everyone's ire is directed at one person...it's pretty easy to see who the issue is.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    When one person's ire is directed at everyone, and everyone's ire is directed at one person...it's pretty easy to see who the issue is.
    Ahh, the bandwagon argument fallacy. You're working your way down the list.

Keep going! I think slippery slope is next? Maybe ad hominem?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Ahh, the bandwagon argument fallacy. You're working your way down the list.

Keep going! I think slippery slope is next? Maybe ad hominem?
    https://careers.workopolis.com/advic...roblem-is-you/
    Last edited by smootness; 08-24-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

I didn’t. I think it’s total bull**** a last place team who keeps serving up meatballs to a phenom gets their panties in a wad about it then has the nerve to play it off like an accident. Then, hit him again. At that point, you gotta defend the kid. I don’t care if it’s a overhand right or a ball to the ribs. They are jut lashing out in a classless way cause they suck
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    I didn’t. I think it’s total bull**** a last place team who keeps serving up meatballs to a phenom gets their panties in a wad about it then has the nerve to play it off like an accident. Then, hit him again. At that point, you gotta defend the kid. I don’t care if it’s a overhand right or a ball to the ribs. They are jut lashing out in a classless way cause they suck
    The consensus was that the HBP last night was unintentional.

But hey, who am I to point out irrational thoughts? Everyone is entitled to have them I suppose.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    MLB and, to a greater degree, the players' union, needs to fix the lack of disciplinary action for intentional beanings.

If Urena had been suspended for a month, with no service time accruing while he's serving the sentence, players would get the message. I get that they couldn't suspend him mid-year due to precedent. If the league and MLBPA get together in the off-season they can fix this glaring gap in the disciplinary policy.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

But hey, who am I to point out irrational thoughts? Everyone is entitled to have them I suppose.
    Based on comments by the players, they seemed to think it was unintentional. I didn't think it was intentional either watching it live.

But why did they feel the need to retaliate if they didn't think Acuņa was hit on purpose? Something isn't adding up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

After a homer? Hmmmmm

Basically- don’t start **** there won’t be ****
    Ivermectin Man