Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arenado, Really???

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Arenado, Really???

A little surprised no one brought this up, but it probably deserves its own thread.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...os-ripken.html

There's obviously not a better fit, but giving up what it would take to get him would obviously require extending him. As much as I'm sure everyone would love him, is there really a fit? If the Rockies don't feel like they can extend him, there certainly shouldn't be any reason AA should feel comfortable that he could, right?

Even so, it's interesting to think about - both the package it would take, and the dollars needed to keep him. Acuna, Freddie, and Arenado in the middle of the lineup would be beyond scary.
    Last edited by clvclv; 09-18-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    A little surprised no one brought this up, but it probably deserves its own thread.

There's obviously not a better fit, but giving up what it would take to get him would obviously require extending him. As much as I'm sure everyone would love him, is there really a fit? If the Rockies don't feel like they can extend him, there certainly shouldn't be any reason AA should feel comfortable that he could, right?

Even so, it's interesting to think about - both the package it would take, and the dollars needed to keep him. Acuna, Freddie, and Arenado in the middle of the lineup would be beyond scary.
    Don't forget about Realmuto in there as well...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts

Figuring out how the Braves would reconfigure the infield to accommodate him would be the most interesting question.

I'd guess they would be most interest in Pache or a pitching prospect. Shouldn't cost the Braves more than one of their upper level prospects if they wanted to do it.

I don't see how it makes sense for the Rockies to trade their best player while they are a contender though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

Why would we give up significant prospects to trade for him when if we wanted him badly enough we could wait a year later. Plus, it's highly unlikely we'd outbid the large market teams in free agency.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Literally nothing the Braves have done suggests they will pay retail for 1 year of Arenado.

Perhaps they can get him for Jenkins and Matt Adams?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Literally nothing the Braves have done suggests they will pay retail for 1 year of Arenado.

Perhaps they can get him for Jenkins and Patch Adams?
    Fixed
    Ivermectin Man

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-19-2018)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    If we were going to pay the price to extend Arenado we could just go after Harper or Machado and not give up trade collateral.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Coredor For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-19-2018)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    Why would we give up significant prospects to trade for him when if we wanted him badly enough we could wait a year later. Plus, it's highly unlikely we'd outbid the large market teams in free agency.
    What part of "is there really a fit" did you (and others) miss?

Posted for discussion, as I don't think there's much chance AA would go there. It's an interesting topic - who *issed in everybody's Corn Flakes???
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Perhaps they can get him for Jenkins and Matt Adams?
    I don't know "genius", how's your 78 win projection working out??? You realize that pointing out that it was the same as mine simply shows you to be an idiot since there were absolutely no numbers behind mine, right??? I simply grabbed a number from thin air like most people who get out of Mom's basement do.

It's a discussion topic - not intended to show how big an *sshole you are, you've done more than enough to remove any doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    I don't know "genius", how's your 78 win projection working out???You realize that pointing out that it was the same as mine simply shows you to be an idiot since there were absolutely no numbers behind mine, right??? I simply grabbed a number from thin air like most people who get out of Mom's basement do.

It's a discussion topic - not intended to show how big an *sshole you are, you've done more than enough to remove any doubt.
    How does that make any sense?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-19-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    I thought about Arenado before, but it seems unlikely the Rox would trade him since they are competitive. I don't think there's any way he agrees to an extension that's sort of 200+ million, and I can't imagine the Braves are currently in a position to hand out of that short of contract (though they should since most of their core is cost controlled for 5+ years).
    Last edited by Carp; 09-19-2018 at 07:45 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-19-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I thought about Arenado before, but it seems unlikely the Rox would trade him since they are competitive. I don't think there's any way he agrees to an extension that's short of 200+ million, and I can't imagine the Braves are currently in a position to hand out of that short of contract (though they should since most of their core is cost controlled for 5+ years).
    plus even if the Braves could hand out that sort of contract it would not be wise
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Any investments of money/prospects should be to fill an actual position of need

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-19-2018), jpx7 (09-19-2018)

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List PurpleBrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Career .318 OBP on the road. .374 OBP at home. For what we'd have to pay for him, pass.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleBrave For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-19-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Prospect capital is to be hoarded and used only sparingly.

Mid-market teams need to grow their own stars and are foolish to try to sign or trade for stars.

Follow these maxims and we will have a long window of contention.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-19-2018), jpx7 (09-19-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    You realize that pointing out that it was the same as mine simply shows you to be an idiot
    So you agree...you're an idiot.

I think I found a new quote for my sig. Thanks!

How about that Albies for Dee Gordon trade you proposed? How's that idea working out, genius? Or Jenkins for Sale? Or MAdams for Odorizzi? LOL...clown.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 09-19-2018 at 10:55 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    I don't know "genius", how's your 78 win projection working out??
    With how bad the Braves are playing right now does it seem that inconceivable that we would forfeit 5 of our wins before the end of the season

25. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-19-2018)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    So you agree...you're an idiot.

I think I found a new quote for my sig. Thanks!

How about that Albies for Dee Gordon trade you proposed? How's that idea working out, genius? Or Jenkins for Sale? Or MAdams for Odorizzi? LOL...clown.
    Nowhere close to the most outlandish trade proposal I've ever floated - you need to do more research.

You do realize that nothing you do can take away the fact that you projected this as a 78-win team - no matter what anyone else has ever thought (or posted), right?

How about calling the guys at FanGraphs and asking them to provide us all with a chart giving us the excuse for why you were so wrong?

You projected the same number of wins as the guy you're screaming is an idiot - you really don't understand how stupid that makes you look?

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Enscheff’s 78-win projection is about five wins higher than my own preseason expectations—and few predicted better than .500 for this team—so I’m not sure it’s that much to pillory.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Enscheff’s 78-win projection is about five wins higher than my own preseason expectations—and few predicted better than .500 for this team—so I’m not sure it’s that much to pillory.
    He has proven beyond all doubt to be the single dumbest poster on this board. Several people have pointed out just how dumb he is in this single thread alone.

At this point he is beyond desperate for a “win”.