Page 440 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540940 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,800 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What more is there to say? He said a major US city being destroyed would be great for the economy. He probably isnt wrong about that.
    The idea that we should destroy wealth so we can create it back is liberal logic 101.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (09-07-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    "who is Ron Paul ?" asked 2017
    You seem to frequently equate popularity to good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You seem to frequently equate popularity to good
    The free market system of ideas.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

goldfly (09-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    "who is Ron Paul ?" asked 2017

He is literally the only guy who goes around ****ting on Trump but receives nothing but praise from Trump and his followers. Find me anyone else like that and I will never mention Ron Paul or Hillary Clinton on these forums ever again. He is also the only person to be well respected by the Trump Republicans and the major TV liberals like Bill Maher, Rachel Maddow, and Jon Stewart. That someone that broad of appeal is shunned by the media as having no chance is downright criminal. All of you up in arms about Russia manipulating our elections but dont give a **** when the media intentionally blacklists a major candidate. Thats far worse than anything Russia did.

If there was anything negative to cover on Ron the media would have been all over it. Maybe thats where Ron went wrong. He should have leaked an audio tape of himself calling blacks ******s. I bet that would have got some coverage. Sad thing is that would have probably got him the GOP establishments support.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 09-07-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The free market system of ideas.

A primary is not a free market system of ideas. In fact its not even obligated to be fair. Ron was plenty popular. Did you know that Ron Paul got the majority of the delegates in Iowa? Probably not. Did you know Ron won the debate polls from the GOP debates? Is that because he wasnt popular. Look at every post debate and the only one where you see the talking heads say doesnt matter is tohe one where Ron wins. Every other year the polls are meaningful according to them. The GOP would not have done all the shady things they did if Ron was not popular. No one goes out of their way to screw candidates with no chance of winning.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Trump's pants kicking of Ryan and McConnell continues.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...overage-242441

Many Republicans were furious with President Donald Trump's budget deal Wednesday, stunned that the president quickly gave into Democratic demands to pair hurricane relief with a three-month debt limit hike — while getting nothing in return.

But in calls with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi Thursday morning, Trump raved about the positive news coverage it had received, according to people familiar with the calls, and he seemed very pleased with his decision.

Trump specifically mentioned TV segments praising the deal and indicated he'd been watching in a call with Schumer, two people said. And he was jovial in a call with Pelosi and agreed to send a tweet she asked for about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, these people said, while also mentioning the attention the deal had gotten. He indicated to both leaders he would be willing to work together again.

"He seemed super upbeat," one person familiar with the calls said.

Another person familiar with the calls said Trump told Pelosi and Schumer their coverage was great, too.

Pelosi herself bragged that she had gotten results after asking him to tweet reassurances that Dreamers shouldn't worry about being deported over the next six months while lawmakers try to secure a DACA fix.

“I was telling my colleagues, ‘This is what I asked the president to do,' and boom boom boom, the tweet appeared," she said at a news conference Thursday.
    "The President spoke to Senators McConnell and Schumer as well as Speaker Ryan and Minority Leader Pelosi this morning. The President is committed to working across the aisle and doing what is needed to best serve the American people. The President is also having dinner with Speaker Ryan later tonight," she said.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

CK86 (09-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    That Politico article is hilarious. Bet Pelosi and Schumer are wondering what else they can get Trump to do just by saying he'll get positive news coverage. What a clown he is.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CK86 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (09-08-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    That Politico article is hilarious. Bet Pelosi and Schumer are wondering what else they can get Trump to do just by saying he'll get positive news coverage. What a clown he is.
    i think they're thinking they could make him their useful idiot.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

CK86 (09-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Establishment Republicans seem shocked that the loose cannon has turned around and started firing warning shots at them. Trump is not the cardboard cutout career politician they are used to dealing with, he isn't going to sit back and be patient for the sake of dignity.

Keep in mind this is happening soon after major staff shakeups and Trump's frustration over the ACA defeat. He may be making a major course change only 8 months into his Presidency. We could see political dynamics reminiscent of Reagan-O'Neill and Clinton-Gingrich, except with the President working with the minority party. How long can McConnell, and especially Ryan, maintain their leadership roles when their party's President is forced to go behind their backs to get things done?

Things may be about to get very interesting in Washington.
    Last edited by Jaw; 09-07-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    The hotels, the model wives, the reality show, the WWF appearances, the fake magazine covers, the repeated comments about his news coverage. The man is clearly obsessed with his image. If someone has convinced him that he would look better by turning pure populist and making overtures to Democrats, I have no doubt he would do it. I almost expect him to do his best Bill Clinton impersonation now.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Been telling my Republican peeps who fell head over heels for him since 2015 that he would screw them over as soon as it suited his interests. They're getting exactly what they deserve if they ever put that much trust in him.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Been telling my Republican peeps who fell head over heels for him since 2015 that he would screw them over as soon as it suited his interests. They're getting exactly what they deserve if they ever put that much trust in him.
    his whole life has been screwing over people that trusted him. if anyone expected any different that person was a fool.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

57Brave (09-07-2017), bravesnumberone (09-07-2017), CK86 (09-07-2017), goldfly (09-08-2017), jpx7 (09-07-2017), Runnin (09-07-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    If Trump keeps cutting deals like this he will be stomachable. I don't know how long the House will let him get away with continuously breaking the Hastert rule.

I hope this also also shows people that the Dems have always been willing to work with the GOP in the last 9 years. Boehner could never get the assholes in his own party to bend. Now people see the Tea Party and Freedom Caucus never had any intention on working with Obama.
    Forever Fredi

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (09-08-2017), jpx7 (09-07-2017), Runnin (09-07-2017), VirginiaBrave (09-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    if he keeps cutting deals like this he will be Hillary Clinton with worse hair

He did the right thing -- we all want to hope for the right reason.
    But let's not forget he is still this guy

Last edited by 57Brave; 09-07-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (09-07-2017), VirginiaBrave (09-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Oh the heel turn from our lefty brothers/sisters here on Trump would be epic
    Ivermectin Man

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-07-2017)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    He is literally the only guy who goes around ****ting on Trump but receives nothing but praise from Trump and his followers. Find me anyone else like that and I will never mention Ron Paul or Hillary Clinton on these forums ever again. He is also the only person to be well respected by the Trump Republicans and the major TV liberals like Bill Maher, Rachel Maddow, and Jon Stewart. That someone that broad of appeal is shunned by the media as having no chance is downright criminal. All of you up in arms about Russia manipulating our elections but dont give a **** when the media intentionally blacklists a major candidate. Thats far worse than anything Russia did.

If there was anything negative to cover on Ron the media would have been all over it. Maybe thats where Ron went wrong. He should have leaked an audio tape of himself calling blacks ******s. I bet that would have got some coverage. Sad thing is that would have probably got him the GOP establishments support.

Ron had a lot of connections to white power groups.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Hawk you're thoughts on 5th Amendment question.
    Emphasis on question
    Well, as you know, with everything constitutional it inevitably boils down to interpretation. I think you could make a technical case for some kind of due process violation here, absolutely. Entrapment or self-incrimination. But, suffice it to say, that water is incredibly murky, primarily because it's executive power clashing with executive power, not legislation.

More broadly, there's the whole 'shock the conscience' Frankfurter precedent, which would allow the court to act in cases of egregious abuse of executive power. I don't see that coming into play here given the ideological leanings of the court.

Edit: On that note, here's Clarence Thomas on Due Process from a few years ago:

"The [Due Process Clause] is not a secret repository of substantive guarantees against ‘unfairness.’"
    Last edited by Hawk; 09-07-2017 at 07:05 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

57Brave (09-07-2017), jpx7 (09-07-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    MJ Lee
    @mj_lee
    Peter King tells me Trump & Schumer chemistry at a WH meeting today was off the charts: “It was almost like a love-in at times.”

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The weight I carry for Trump (and, trust me, it ain't light) is borne almost entirely because I believe that his candidacy is solid step in a direction toward where our shared views can be achieved.
    *cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Well, as you know, with everything constitutional it inevitably boils down to interpretation. I think you could make a technical case for some kind of due process violation here, absolutely. Entrapment or self-incrimination. But, suffice it to say, that water is incredibly murky, primarily because it's executive power clashing with executive power, not legislation.

More broadly, there's the whole 'shock the conscience' Frankfurter precedent, which would allow the court to act in cases of egregious abuse of executive power. I don't see that coming into play here given the ideological leanings of the court.

Edit: On that note, here's Clarence Thomas on Due Process from a few years ago:

"The [Due Process Clause] is not a secret repository of substantive guarantees against ‘unfairness.’"
    others weigh in ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.