Thread: Fantasy keepers

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts

Fantasy keepers

Someone can move this if they want..Not sure where it would go.

I play in a 12 team keeper league with some old friends and I'm stumped for the first year on which 5 I can keep. Machado and Correa are my 2 definites

Manny Machado (3B/SS)
    Carlos Correa (SS)

Tre Turner (2B/OF)
    Freddie Freeman
    Miguel Cabrera
    Chris Sale
    Yoan Moncada (3B/2B)
    Alex Bregman (3B/MI)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Any value tied to the keepers, like a draft pick or dollar value in an auction league? And how evenly are pitchers and hitters weighted?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Any value tied to the keepers, like a draft pick or dollar value in an auction league? And how evenly are pitchers and hitters weighted?
    No value tied. It's pretty even 7X7 for hitters and pitchers. They added triple and CG's last year. Sale dominated with 6, but hasn't had that many any other year. Turner seems to be a triples machine.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Personally, I would probably go Machado, Correa, Sale, Turner, and Moncada. Having an infield with that kind of offense would be incredible, and you have a bunch of flexibility in there, too.

Freeman is a stud, but 1B who hit are much easier to find. The only thing I might change is to switch out Turner and Bregman, but your problem then is that you have 4 keepers for just 3 positions. Do you have any utility spots? If not, then you would have to go Turner or Freeman.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Personally, I would probably go Machado, Correa, Sale, Turner, and Moncada. Having an infield with that kind of offense would be incredible, and you have a bunch of flexibility in there, too.

Freeman is a stud, but 1B who hit are much easier to find. The only thing I might change is to switch out Turner and Bregman, but your problem then is that you have 4 keepers for just 3 positions. Do you have any utility spots? If not, then you would have to go Turner or Freeman.
    Yeah, there's a CI and MI spot as well as a utility. Positionally I'd be set and OF and 1B are the easiest to find. Turner is close to a definite for me. Cabrera is probably out as he has to start regressing some time. Bregman I still worry about a little and I have Machado entrenched at 3B. So I'm thinking it's between Freddie, Sale, and Moncada for the last 2 spots.