Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FRIDAY MINORS FINAL 6/28/19; ANDERSON ANCHORS NO-HITTER!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Why?
    Because he is ****ing awesome!!! :)

I know the numbers. I understand the numbers. I assure you of both of those statements whether some on this board want to doubt my abilities within the field of Mathematics.

However, I do believe there are other factors to consider and Bumgarner continues to move away from his injuries and will continue to return so some percentage of his older form which will be a huge asset down the stretch and in the playoffs.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The results are the results and the guy is striking out almost 12 per 9 innings. There is just no way his stuff is not plus and getting those results.

If we are able to get a young piece who is controllable with Anderson as the centerpiece then fine but there is no way we should be looking to trade this kid.
    I'm not saying hes allard. But the results are the same reason you pimped him when the entire scouting community soured on him.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Rumors up here are that Twins are heavily in on Bumgarner and they are not on the no-trade list of teams that Bumgarner has indicated. Twins are really poised to overpay and I wouldn't be surprised to see them part with someone like Sano (who has fallen out of favor even though he's hitting HRs at a brisk pace) in a larger deal that would include Bumgarner, Smith, and others. I would be fine with Bumgarner, but I'm not going to overpay for the guy and that is likely. Let someone else overpay.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-29-2019)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Rumors up here are that Twins are heavily in on Bumgarner and they are not on the no-trade list of teams that Bumgarner has indicated. Twins are really poised to overpay and I wouldn't be surprised to see them part with someone like Sano (who has fallen out of favor even though he's hitting HRs at a brisk pace) in a larger deal that would include Bumgarner, Smith, and others. I would be fine with Bumgarner, but I'm not going to overpay for the guy and that is likely. Let someone else overpay.
    Really hoping the Twins or Yankees get him to remove us from his list of suitors and remove competition for the other better and controllable pieces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I'm not saying hes allard. But the results are the same reason you pimped him when the entire scouting community soured on him.
    Fangraphs has him as a 55.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Anyone have a scouting report on Jeremy Walker? It's his first year in the bullpen after middling results as a starter his first three seasons and what he's doing is pretty impressive. Just wondering if anyone has seen him pitch and what he may have to offer. Another one of those big RHPs that Roy Clark and company seemed to like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    The numbers aren't even close.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    If Sano is the starting point for those two then I would agree the Braves should be out.
    Natural Immunity Croc

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    I feel bad for Duvall. Hopefully we trade the guy before the deadline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Basically we have 2 spare position players. One was called up when Inciarte was injured. If we have 2 position players injured at the same time Duvall would be called up. We've been lucky with injuries so far this year. We cant assume that luck will continue.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Yeah, but the scouting community hasn't soured on Anderson at all. So if that was the reason for concern with Allard, we shouldn't have that same concern here, no?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

clvclv (06-29-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I have no idea why we tendered him a contract. It makes no sense to pay him what we are to sit in AAA.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    If Sano is the starting point for those two then I would agree the Braves should be out.
    I don't know if Sano is the starting point in a Bumgarner deal. It is just rumored that the Twins are very willing to move Sano. The Twins do have a number of movable parts with the emergence of Polanco and his agreement to a long-term deal. That might put either Gordon or Lewis into the conversation. Twins also have some interesting arms that they would be less likely to move given the paucity of pitching depth at the big league level, but indications are that the Twins will be attempting to make a big move to upgrade their rotation and bullpen.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 06-29-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He's got some pitch(es) guys can't hit... milb career k9 of 10.8 and BAA of .210
    This is why I want to see the statcast data on Anderson. See if the fastball moves, the spin rate on the curve, etc.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I have no idea why we tendered him a contract. It makes no sense to pay him what we are to sit in AAA.
    I don't think anyone counted on the emergence of Riley to the extent he has. I was somewhat surprised that they tendered Duvall, but I can see the logic as to why they did. If Riley doesn't go hog wild at Gwinnett, Duvall probably gets the call when Inciarte got hurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    it would be smart of the giants to bundle Bumgarner and one of their relievers to get the best possible prospect

the Braves are better off making a deal with one of the less smart front offices...oh hi Dayton

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I don't think anyone counted on the emergence of Riley to the extent he has. I was somewhat surprised that they tendered Duvall, but I can see the logic as to why they did. If Riley doesn't go hog wild at Gwinnett, Duvall probably gets the call when Inciarte got hurt.
    chances are Duvall will come into play in the second half or post-season...I'm not eager to move him

"I am your retribution."

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Personally have no interest in moving Anderson since he fits the "wave" model so well - bring him along slowly and let him spend all of 2020 in Gwinnett unless there's a major emergency, and he's your ready-made replacement for Gausman that will only be making the minimum in 2021. However, if the spin-rate numbers are really bad like folks were discussing early this year (legitimately so bad that AA honestly believes it's worth holding onto Touki, Wright, Wilson, and Gohara instead), what COULD he get you?

Vazquez is going to be unbelievably hard to pry away from Pittsburgh for anyone poking around on him - could Anderson be part of changing that? That contract is insane, and having him locked up along with Acuna and Ozzie's deals would provide even more flexibility. If you could add Vazquez and Smith to the back of this year's pen, I'm not sure this team wouldn't have as good a chance as anyone to win the whole enchilada.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    it would be smart of the giants to bundle Bumgarner and one of their relievers to get the best possible prospect

the Braves are better off making a deal with one of the less smart front offices...oh hi Dayton
    That's what I see the Giants doing. I can envision them packaging Bumgarner, Watson/Smith, and maybe even Pillar if they find a taker for a 3-prospect deal. That spells overpay by someone to me.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Anderson might be a similar case to Fried in that his off speed pitches will make him who he is, not the fastball...
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.