Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller market 'hot'

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Would you trade Teheran/Markakis for Castro/Baez?
    Markakis and Castro are basically a wash value wise. Castro is younger and has upside, but Nick is clearly the better player right now. So basically the gut of the trade would be Teheran for Baez which is underwhelming to say the least. But if they added Contreras to the deal, I'd have to consider it.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I agree.

PS--I'm not against moving Miller if it improves the team's chances for success in the long run, but I am really bullish on the guy. I think he's just coming into his own.
    Just don't see how we can rationalize trading a great pitcher away for some maybe prospects. Miller is a stud. He can anchor a pitching staff moving forward.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-03-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    "dude" not only has better numbers - in the AL - than Miller or Julio, he also has a better contract. The better question is who doesn't want him???

If the Indians would part with Carrasco, Tyler Naquin, and Bobby Bradley for Freeman, I'd drive Freddie to the airport.
    He has a better K rate and FIP. Other than that, he does not have better numbers than Miller or Julio. He's been an ace for exactly 1 half of a season in 2014. This year he was good, not great. He was not better Miller in 2015 and he wasn't better than Julio in 2014. Not to mention Julio and Miller have proven significantly more durable.

I'd punch the Johns senseless if they traded Freeman for that.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Newest chat on MLBTR with Jeff Todd answering a couple Miller questions. He has now said he doesn't think Soler or Baez alone is enough for Miller.

https://traderumors.dilmot.com/strea...todd-12-3-2015
    Gammons pretty much said the same thing on MLB Tonight. He did say that he thinks it probably gets done as Soler plus for him.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Gammons pretty much said the same thing on MLB Tonight. He did say that he thinks it probably gets done as Soler plus for him.
    And who could be the plus?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Gammon stopped being a credible source for anything other than Red Sox news a long time ago. He just reports hid own speculation.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    And who could be the plus?
    Billy McKinney hopefully. Really go bonkers on corner OF bats.

Only issue with the Soler for Miller is the Markakis and Olivera in the room. Obviously we could put Olivera at 3B and pray but that's all we'd be doing is praying. Considering we are looking at him in LF right now that means we can't get Soler without trading Markakis. Or we have to trade Freddie and move someone to 1B.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post

Only issue with the Soler for Miller is the Markakis and Olivera in the room. Obviously we could put Olivera at 3B and pray but that's all we'd be doing is praying. Considering we are looking at him in LF right now that means we can't get Soler without trading Markakis. Or we have to trade Freddie and move someone to 1B.

maybe trade HO/Freeman and Markickass...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts

I would do Miller/Markakis for Soler/McKinney. And if we could find a way to add more and also pull Contreras that would be phenomenal. I seriously doubt the Cubs want to give up that much for any package, but I'd push for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts

I'm inclined to move Olivera back to third and get Soler. I don't see Olivera's bat playing well in left. We pretty much have to have him hit best case scenario for him to be worth his paycheck there. At third we have a little more room for error.

I doubt he'll ever be a good defensive third baseman but maybe he could be a mediocre one.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I would do Miller/Markakis for Soler/McKinney. And if we could find a way to add more and also pull Contreras that would be phenomenal. I seriously doubt the Cubs want to give up that much for any package, but I'd push for it.
    I think the cubs would want Markickass in this deal and we would want to include him. Just not sure about getting McKinney since the cubs are already giving up one outfield prospect. Maybe get Contreras/Soler/Salary dump for Miller/Markickass.. I do think Nick at night fits perfect into the Cubs offense..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I said this without really thinking. It would probably have to be something along the lines of Miller/Folty/Markakis, at least, to pull Soler/McKinney. And then more to add Contreras. I'd still be open to it, though.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I think the cubs would want Markickass in this deal and we would want to include him. Just not sure about getting McKinney since the cubs are already giving up one outfield prospect. Maybe get Contreras/Soler/Salary dump for Miller/Markickass.. I do think Nick at night fits perfect into the Cubs offense..
    Who is Markickass (laughing)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm inclined to move Olivera back to third and get Soler. I don't see Olivera's bat playing well in left. We pretty much have to have him hit best case scenario for him to be worth his paycheck there. At third we have a little more room for error.

I doubt he'll ever be a good defensive third baseman but maybe he could be a mediocre one.
    Major league average 3B last year was a .319 wOBA and LF was .317 those numbers largely are the same the last few years. Pretty close to each other. 3B is an offensive position first as is LF. If he can handle LF better than 3B, then he should be out there. He's gonna be on this team for a few years might as well milk every ounce of value out of him.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Who is Markickass (laughing)
    that is how I will refer to him when speaking of him being traded. I think he is Kickass.. but not right for the Braves.. Now no one will confuse me with thinking he stinks..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    If we get more than Soler I'd want Underwood or Contreras back. Contreras would set us up at catcher for a long time. And Underwood is a SP prospect with a ton of potential. The Johns probably want a pitcher back but Soler and Underwood would be awesome. If we added Markakis I'd try to get Soler, Underwood, and Contreras somehow.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hudson2 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-04-2015), JohnAdcox (12-03-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    I think a deal based around Miller/Markakis for Soler/Castro might be something to consider.

Castro could play SS and make Aybar trade bait, or he could play 2B. He is still young and could improve.

The Cubs could sign Heyward and play him In CF with Schwarber and Markakis at the corners. Baez would play 2B.

Some money or other minor parts might have to go either way, but the 4 headline players makes at least some sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I'd rather make it Soler and Contreras and keep Markakis. Sign Zobrist and we could compete next year and keep all of our prostpects. This lineup would be very competitive.

Cf - Mallex
    2b - Zobrist
    1b - Freeman
    Lf - Soler
    RF - Markakis
    3b - Olivera
    SS - Aybar
    C - Contreras

We'd have money left to sign sombody like Fister on a one year deal and get another good bullpen piece.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I'd rather make it Soler and Contreras and keep Markakis. Sign Zobrist and we could compete next year and keep all of our prostpects. This lineup would be very competitive.

Cf - Mallex
    2b - Zobrist
    1b - Freeman
    Lf - Soler
    RF - Markakis
    3b - Olivera
    SS - Aybar
    C - Contreras

We'd have money left to sign sombody like Fister on a one year deal and get another good bullpen piece.

who are you trading to get Soler/Contreras? and they both would be on our 40 man.. so we would have to ship/release/whatever CB.. that leaves one spot left... you have Zobrist/bp piece/ and Fister... So two would have to go.. who??

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I think a deal based around Miller/Markakis for Soler/Castro might be something to consider.

Castro could play SS and make Aybar trade bait, or he could play 2B. He is still young and could improve.

The Cubs could sign Heyward and play him In CF with Schwarber and Markakis at the corners. Baez would play 2B.

Some money or other minor parts might have to go either way, but the 4 headline players makes at least some sense.

that is my thought.. the cubs would love a guy like Nick Markickass.. the fans would moan and groan.. but he would be a very good fit for that team.. and like you said.. Heyward in center would make their outfield very good. plus a starting 3 of Jake/John/Shelby is pretty good with that offense..I would make them favorites in the NL..