Page 60 of 289 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 5779

Thread: Official Offseason Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Again, I'm not blindly campaigning for MadBum, simply pointing out that he was better than Keuchel or Julio during the second half.

We've identified plenty of pretty good options that aren't "Ace" level. If you want to waste time going back quite a while, I was one of the first people that even mentioned Hamels. Of course that shouldn't be considered since I talked about him a week or two ago.
    No... you said substantially better... I posted all of their second half stats that showed pretty clearly that they were all 3 basically a wash. MadBum may have been slightly better but when he can't pitch out of SanFran, I don't know if you can even say that.

Tons of people have been talking about Hamels for weeks, but there you go again trying to prove that you were the first for all the ideas!
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 11-19-2019 at 10:39 PM.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    No... you said substantially better... I posted all of their second half stats that showed pretty clearly that they were all 3 basically a wash. MadBum may have been slightly better but when he can't pitch out of SanFran, I don't know if you can even say that.

Tons of people have been talking about Hamels for weeks, but there you go again trying to prove that you were the first for all the ideas!
    And there you go putting words in people's mouths as usual - I said "I was one of the first", and had "talked about him a week or two ago". Hate to break it to you but there's no bonus for being "first" on a message board, and there are only a select few (including you and His Highness) that waste parts of their lives going back to look for something so unimportant. If it means that much, go search out all posts with Hamels in them in the last month and find out who gets their free premium subscription.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    And there you go putting words in people's mouths as usual - I said "I was one of the first", and had "talked about him a week or two ago". Hate to break it to you but there's no bonus for being "first" on a message board, and there are only a select few (including you and His Highness) that waste parts of their lives going back to look for something so unimportant. If it means that much, go search out all posts with Hamels in them in the last month and find out who gets their free premium subscription.
    Oh I know, which makes your posting behavior at times that much more bizarre

And you said MadBum would be a substantial upgrade to the rotation over Teheran or Keuchel... that's not me putting words in your mouth

Just to stoke the fires a little bit...

When looking at MadBum's starts in the second half last year (when he'd had time to work back into his groove), he made 15 starts after July 13th (including one in Coors, one in Boston, and one in Oakland) and gave the Giants the following...

96 IP with 81 hits, 19 walks, and 13 HRs allowed. That's a 3.75 ERA, 1.04 WHIP, 8.3 K/9, 1.8 BB/9, and 1.2 HR/9.

You can argue that he's not the "Ace" everyone wants, but there's not much doubt that he'd be a substantial upgrade over both Keuchel and Julio. Trading for Kluber certainly makes more sense than giving Bumgarner a 3-4 year deal and giving up another pick, but if they honestly believe that they're going to get what they've gotten from Folty during his good stretches and they still want to keep Wright/Wilson/Anderson/Muller in the long run you can make the argument that that could be the best way to extend your window.
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 11-19-2019 at 10:52 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

salmagundy (11-20-2019)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    Another interesting reply to DOB's tweet earlier...if AA's truly looking to build a bulletproof pen, why not pawn Greene off on someone - regardless of the return now that you have Martin and O'Day - and use his money to go sign Pomeranz? That would give you Melancon, Martin, O'Day, and Jackson from the right side and Smith, Pomeranz, Dayton, and Minter from the left side.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Another interesting reply to DOB's tweet earlier...if AA's truly looking to build a bulletproof pen, why not pawn Greene off on someone - regardless of the return now that you have Martin and O'Day - and use his money to go sign Pomeranz? That would give you Melancon, Martin, O'Day, and Jackson from the right side and Smith, Pomeranz, Dayton, and Minter from the left side.
    I'm a huge fan of getting Pomeranz in the fold if Greene is gone... dude has been sick as a pen piece

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Glad to see clvderp is being his consistent derpy self haha.

Hey guys, I'm going to write 1000 word posts that take up 4 full screens on a phone where I mention literally every single FA in baseball. Then when the Braves sign one of them I will tout how I was the first person who thought of it.

Derrrppp!

Look fool, we all know the FAs, and we all know the Braves needs. You didn't think of anything. You're a buffoon who paid for a lifetime membership to the Internet Baseball Writers Association in a pathetic attempt to legitimize yourself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

salmagundy (11-20-2019)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Glad to see clvderp is being his consistent derpy self haha.

Hey guys, I'm going to write 1000 word posts that take up 4 full screens on a phone where I mention literally every single FA in baseball. Then when the Braves sign one of them I will tout how I was the first person who thought of it.

Derrrppp!

Look fool, we all know the FAs, and we all know the Braves needs. You didn't think of anything. You're a buffoon who paid for a lifetime membership to the Internet Baseball Writers Association in a pathetic attempt to legitimize yourself.
    To whom, you?

As for being a "legitimate writer" and checking my blog - I can't tell you the last time it was updated (although I'm sure YOU can), and I'd probably have to have a new password sent if I wanted to access it. I do think I still have a shortcut to it though.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I'm a huge fan of getting Pomeranz in the fold if Greene is gone... dude has been sick as a pen piece
    If AA could dump Greene and get Pomeranz for 2/$12 million (Fangraphs' projection), sign Moustakas for 3/$36 million (Fangraphs' projection), sign Garcia for 2/$13.6 million (Fangraphs' projection), sign Hamels for 1/$18 million, trade Ender and one of Touki or Wilson for Contreras, and could bring Joyce back for a couple million bucks, he wins the winter hands-down. Payroll would still be below $145 million, Riley, Pache, and Waters would be getting everyday ABs in Gwinnett, and Minter or Dayton could be sent down every fifth day so you could piggyback Wright, whichever of Wilson or Touki you still have, and eventually Anderson with Newk.

No more QO free-agents, and you get the pick you gave up for Smith back when Donaldson signs elsewhere. Happy?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    LOL, nice try to deflect on your purchase of a lifetime writers membership, and trying to act like you didn't fancy yourself a legit blogger with actual ideas.

Clown

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    If AA could dump Greene and get Pomeranz for 2/$12 million (Fangraphs' projection), sign Moustakas for 3/$36 million (Fangraphs' projection), sign Garcia for 2/$13.6 million (Fangraphs' projection), sign Hamels for 1/$18 million, trade Ender and one of Touki or Wilson for Contreras, and could bring Joyce back for a couple million bucks, he wins the winter hands-down. Payroll would still be below $145 million, Riley, Pache, and Waters would be getting everyday ABs in Gwinnett, and Minter or Dayton could be sent down every fifth day so you could piggyback Wright, whichever of Wilson or Touki you still have, and eventually Anderson with Newk.

No more QO free-agents, and you get the pick you gave up for Smith back when Donaldson signs elsewhere. Happy?
    So you think Ender coming from a injury and Touki or Wilson is enough for Contreras?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts

Ender and Touki/Wilson wouldn’t even get the conversation started for Contreras

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    So you think Ender coming from a injury and Touki or Wilson is enough for Contreras?
    No it wouldn’t. It is simply exhibit #362 of his cluelessness.

Just like MAdams wasn’t getting Orodizzi, and Tyrell Jenkins wasn’t getting Sale. We won’t even talk bout his Albies for Dee Gordon derpfest.

It’s almost like the Internet Baseball Writers Association will give a lifetime membership to any dope with $99 regardless of what they actually know about the sport.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Just like MAdams wasn’t getting Orodizzi, and Tyrell Jenkins wasn’t getting Sale. We won’t even talk bout his Albies for Dee Gordon derpfest.

It’s almost like the Internet Baseball Writers Association will give a lifetime membership to any dope with $99 regardless of what they actually know about the sport.
    Any dope with $99 knows more about baseball than a whiny little (edited out).
    Last edited by TURBO; 11-20-2019 at 02:36 AM.
    Enscheff is F@G

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacheaholic View Post
    Any dope with $99 knows more about baseball than a whiny little ****ing ***got like you.
    You’re projecting your homophobia a little too much there dum dum. Pretty soon folks are going to catch on that you’re just angry about being a closeted homosexual yourself, which is why you lash out with that kind of language.

It may be time for you to explore your sexuality.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...n-homosexuals/

Speaking of not knowing anything about the sport...

Cole will be looking at $25M a year and the Braves need to do it.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 11-20-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

.... He has 6686 posts. I think you saying that he only has a 5% failure rate is the nicest thing that you've ever said to him.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

Carp (11-20-2019), Jaw (11-20-2019), jpx7 (11-20-2019), nsacpi (11-20-2019), salmagundy (11-20-2019)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Any dope with $99 knows more about baseball than a whiny little ****ing ***got like you.
    Too many adjectives in your insult. If you're going to throw out f*g insult, you can only use one adjective in front of it. Otherwise it just sounds silly.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Too many adjectives in your insult. If you're going to throw out f*g insult, you can only use one adjective in front of it. Otherwise it just sounds silly.
    He’s a closeted homosexual lashing out due to self hatred.

He has bigger problems to tackle than sounding silly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Clean up you sig. That wont fly here. I don't have the access to change it or I would.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TURBO For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-20-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Everything is going well in this thread, I see

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (11-20-2019), jpx7 (11-20-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Again, I'm not blindly campaigning for MadBum, simply pointing out that he was better than Keuchel or Julio during the second half.

We've identified plenty of pretty good options that aren't "Ace" level. If you want to waste time going back quite a while, I was one of the first people that even mentioned Hamels. Of course that shouldn't be considered since I talked about him a week or two ago.
    Except he wasn't really better. Certainly not by any significant amount. I'd much rather have DK back than sign MadBum and I don't want DK either.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-20-2019), jpx7 (11-20-2019)