Page 61 of 289 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 5779

Thread: Official Offseason Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Too many adjectives in your insult. If you're going to throw out f*g insult, you can only use one adjective in front of it. Otherwise it just sounds silly.
    Agreed. More nouns and fewer adjectives make for a more effective insult. Think about it: islamophobe and homophobe are much stronger than their adjectival counterparts. Ditto for moron, idiot, etc.

#mesdeuxsous
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-20-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-20-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    anyone want to talk about trading for Lindor?

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    confirmed: pacheaholic is 14
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    i do. it won't happen. but what would it cost yous think? if they value Waters and or Riley highly, i'm all about using them.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    I would certainly take madbum over DK or JT. But I don’t want to sign him with a QO attached or for 4 years. Give me the safer Hamels one year deal all day and let’s see how Weigel, Anderson, wilson, Wright and Newk shake out. I probably forgot someone but you get the idea.

I predict Madison will be available after the June draft. But then again I thought fresh prince was going to be as well. So maybe some team will value him more than I would.
    Coppy

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i do. it won't happen. but what would it cost yous think? if they value Waters and or Riley highly, i'm all about using them.

I just don’t know. I don’t like the thought of having to give up the prospects to get him and pay him FA money for two years just to watch him walk. He is a great player and worth 30 million. But man the prospects to get him would be tough pill to swallow.

Edit. I thought he was already making close to 20 million. He is actually projected to make less than that this year. Hmmm
    Coppy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-20-2019), jpx7 (11-20-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    I posted earlier making an opening offer of Swanson, Waters, Wright.

Maybe they counter with Swanson, Pache and Anderson and we can work out something in between.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    confirmed: pacheaholic is 14
    Is that his rank as a posting prospect. Sounds like the farm system for these boards is in steep decline.

"I am your retribution."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-20-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Seems to me like they have one trade in them and it would probably be for someone that will be paid less in 2020 than Lindor would be --- assuming they haven't abandoned payroll restraints all together.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    I suppose that if the Indians viewed Swanson as a significant offset of Lindor's value, to the extent that the Braves are not giving up the top four or five prospects in the system that the thing is workable.

I don't think Lindor quite replaces Donaldson's offense and you still haven't filled the hole at 3B, but maybe you can pair that with some minor signings that you get you over until the break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    This is also notable from the above article:

I think you see where I’m heading with this. Without bullpen slots available to run out young pitchers, and without ample payroll capacity remaining, the Braves now seem clearly positioned to swap out talented but not-yet-established hurlers for veterans that can make a near-term impact on the MLB roster. When the dust settles, the Braves will still have plenty of pitching depth — some of which will surely end up carrying a significant portion of the relief load this year even after the recent signings — and a good bit of high-end talent still rising. But some of the arms will end up elsewhere. Which? That’s hard to guess. In theory, dozens of Atlanta hurlers — especially those already taking up space on the club’s 40-man roster — could be talked about in trades.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYCBrave For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-20-2019), jpx7 (11-20-2019)

NL Rookie of the Year CrazyTrain's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Man did this thread derail...

I'd be fine with MadBum if the price is right. He was a 3 WAR player last year. I'd think that Hamels, if he would come here, would be a better fit given the contract he'd require vs MadBum. The only real difference between the two is that Bum is basically a virtual lock for 200+ innings and Hamels may get us 150. I wonder if we'd look at bringing in Rich Hill and mix him in sparingly to keep him healthy. He could be a real weapon in October.

I'd still be in favor of trying to find a trade partner to bring in a controllable asset like Matt Boyd if we can't get Hamels to sign and we get priced out of Bum. I don't think it's realistic that we sign any of the big guns like Cole, Ryu, etc..., but I guess given the recent contracts, I really have no idea what we will do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I was for it before I was against it.

But now I am against it. I think a cheap and premium talent like that would just cost too much and shorten the window.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-20-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I’m a big Lindor fan so I’d be in for a deal that didn’t kill us. Swanson, Wright, and Waters would probably be pretty close to what it would take. We would have 2 years to try and work out a longer term deal too. We could still sign Moose and Castro and go to war with it.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    Fun bet. Swanson and Wright war versus lindor for 2020. Might have to kick in one more for the Bravos.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    This is also notable from the above article:

I think you see where I’m heading with this. Without bullpen slots available to run out young pitchers, and without ample payroll capacity remaining, the Braves now seem clearly positioned to swap out talented but not-yet-established hurlers for veterans that can make a near-term impact on the MLB roster. When the dust settles, the Braves will still have plenty of pitching depth — some of which will surely end up carrying a significant portion of the relief load this year even after the recent signings — and a good bit of high-end talent still rising. But some of the arms will end up elsewhere. Which? That’s hard to guess. In theory, dozens of Atlanta hurlers — especially those already taking up space on the club’s 40-man roster — could be talked about in trades.
    Yeah. I think we are in a position where we tell potential trade partners they can pick from a list of starting pitching prospects.

"I am your retribution."

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Except he wasn't really better. Certainly not by any significant amount. I'd much rather have DK back than sign MadBum and I don't want DK either.
    Younger than Keuchel and strikes out tons more hitters - one of the reasons they've given for not wanting to bring Keuchel back. Walks less than half the number of guys and hasn't been relying on luck (that's bound to run out soon) for the last two years like Julio does - one of the reasons they've given for passing on Julio's option.

Pick whatever description you like - if you were choosing someone from those three to give a 3 or 4 year deal to, are you really arguing that the others could possibly be a better choice?

More than welcome to your preference of Keuchel, but my guess is that you're in a pretty small minority of people that share that opinion. With Soroka and Fried having gained the experience they have, I could argue that they should go Soroka/Fried/Folty in the first three games of a playoff series. If AA trades for or signs another SP (or Wright/Wilson/Anderson take steps forward this year) you could legitimately wonder whether Keuchel would be a fit on a postseason roster - just like Julio the last two years. Don't think you could make that argument against Bumgarner.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Not sure why you guys are talking about starters when it’s clear that they have spent the money on the bullpen- 250 innings with far better FIP and xFIP than any available starter you’d care to name.

Fourth starter is Newcomb and the fifth comes from Gwinnett.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-20-2019)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    So you think Ender coming from a injury and Touki or Wilson is enough for Contreras?
    I doubt it, but why start the conversation with the maximum package you're willing to offer? Leaves you nowhere to go.

According to BeanieAntics precious trade values site Wilson alone would almost be enough, so that'd actually be an overpay. Start there, then offer to throw in Greene. Give him a little time to think that over and then offer to throw in Flowers, or maybe even Langeliers. Wait Theo out a little longer and offer to replace Touki/Wilson with Wright/Anderson - what difference does it make? Offer the least you can that won't offend him to start and go from there.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    I really hope AA is talking with Ryu people to be that back end starter to replace Teheran.