Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1488

Thread: Viz and Teheran listed as top trade candidates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    In the Coppy chat Saturday, he listed Julio and Freddie as untouchable. It seemed definitive. I couldn't help but notice that his comments to McAlpin tonight seem less definitive. It's probably nothing, but this makes it sound like they want that door to stay opened a crack until the deadline strikes.

He gone.
    thank you weso1!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-21-2016)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    He gone.
    too dang funny

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Many GM's are realizing some things....: Noone is getting rid of ANYONE near T-ran's value, because of the pitching shortage this year. He is a rare commodity AND we torched this guy:
    Per Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, an unnamed team offered the White Sox a "king's ransom" for Sale within the last 48 hours and were given a "no" by the White Sox.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Many GM's are realizing some things....: Noone is getting rid of ANYONE near T-ran's value, because of the pitching shortage this year. He is a rare commodity AND we torched this guy:
    Per Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, an unnamed team offered the White Sox a "king's ransom" for Sale within the last 48 hours and were given a "no" by the White Sox.
    It would take a king's ransom to get JT.. it is going to take a kingdom to get Sale right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Sale would require a crazy amount, even more than Teheran. The Red Sox I'm sure will try getting one more starter, especially if Pomeranz has another poor outing.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Sale would require a crazy amount, even more than Teheran. The Red Sox I'm sure will try getting one more starter, especially if Pomeranz has another poor outing.
    That is what is funny. you see Sox fans or other teams fans saying.. No way would I give up Moncada for JT.. I would give Moncada for Sale.. Um, you are going to give up Moncada, Bindy, ++ for Sale... JT was a bargain at Moncada +...

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    If I were the Red Sox, I wouldn't mind trading hitting prospects for long term pitching purposes. There won't be many to buy this offseason and they have plenty of hitting. They also have the budget to buy whatever they would like down the road. Look at the cash they are paying for Price. They aren't like the Braves.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Wait a second...

Are you trying to tell me a pitcher who has never done anything in his career suddenly puts up a few good months in obscurity in SD while pitching in the best pitcher's park in the game, and then struggles the moment he's on the big stage in a hitter's park?

Who could have possibly seen that coming??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Hudson2 (07-21-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Add in that he is a big injury risk as well. They were probably the ones asking about Sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Add in that he is a big injury risk as well. They were probably the ones asking about Sale.
    I keep reading that the Dodgers are looking to make a big splash.
    Ivermectin Man

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Wait a second...

Are you trying to tell me a pitcher who has never done anything in his career suddenly puts up a few good months in obscurity in SD while pitching in the best pitcher's park in the game, and then struggles the moment he's on the big stage in a hitter's park?

Who could have possibly seen that coming??
    Yeah but they didn't have to give up that much...oh wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    With Wood out 8 weeks now and they have no clue on Kerahaws back they may not have a choice but to overpay if they are serious about the playoffs. DeLeon, Verdugo, and others have to be in play.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Considering the fact that their guys aren't "perfect fits" no right-handed power, no 3B, etc., I'd think Coppy would have to absolutely bend them over if he gave them Julio - De Leon, Verdugo, Starling Heredia, and maybe another piece.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    It would have to be that kind of return if we traded with them.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    It's getting interesting. Rangers and Sox could win it all, but if either can get a T-ran type (and he's about the only one out there), that could be the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I keep reading that the Dodgers are looking to make a big splash.
    Apparently they're going after Archer. I wouldn't trade that dude at all, but the Rays will. They better get everything LA has to offer - like Urias would HAVE to be included, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Apparently they're going after Archer. I wouldn't trade that dude at all, but the Rays will. They better get everything LA has to offer - like Urias would HAVE to be included, no?
    I have no idea why the Rays are talking about trading Archer right now when his value is at a low point. He was legitimately excellent the last two seasons but has struggled some this year. There's no reason to trade him now when you can wait for him to rebound and get more.

It would be a different story if he had an albatross-like contract and the Rays didn't want to risk him never rebounding but that's not the case. He's signed through 2019 with his highest salary being $7.5 million. Then he has two team options for $9 million in 2020 and $11 million in 2021. You could have the guy for 5 more years and never pay him what Ricky Nolasco is making this season.

There's no way I deal him unless the Dodgers break the bank. They'd have to pay the price he would command if he had continued pitching like he did last year. Urias would be a must.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I have no idea why the Rays are talking about trading Archer right now when his value is at a low point. He was legitimately excellent the last two seasons but has struggled some this year. There's no reason to trade him now when you can wait for him to rebound and get more.

It would be a different story if he had an albatross-like contract and the Rays didn't want to risk him never rebounding but that's not the case. He's signed through 2019 with his highest salary being $7.5 million. Then he has two team options for $9 million in 2020 and $11 million in 2021. You could have the guy for 5 more years and never pay him what Ricky Nolasco is making this season.

There's no way I deal him unless the Dodgers break the bank. They'd have to pay the price he would command if he had continued pitching like he did last year. Urias would be a must.
    Agreed. He is more valuable to them on that contract than anything else.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    He's like their Teheran. I'd rather trade a little pitching excess and get Archer and pair him with Teheran.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Agreed. He is more valuable to them on that contract than anything else.
    We don't know what the Dodgers are offering yet.