Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Trade Deadline: What are you willing to do?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    While that's true he really hasn't played that much to get a read on what his baseline is. Could be that 2015 was the blip. I'm not suggesting that to be the case but with Ender his MLB career is still a relatively small sample size in the grand scheme of things. He does have a 19% infield fly ball % which I will go out on a limb and say that's the primary reason for the BABIP drop. If he stops popping the ball up he will get more hits which is pretty self explanatory.

which is why I said blip or norm.. impossible to know for sure.. Now his minor league BaBip was maybe .330.. don't feel like calculating it.. but definitely higher than .273 which is what he is doing this year. Personally, I think he is about an average hitter who is going to go through a few stretches a year where he is really good, which will make him appear to be an above average hitter.. I think he will finish the year .280ish, which will be a very good second half...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    vitriol to Matt... Man, I don't care about Vitriol.. meet my wife and you would see I welcome this.. it is a few internet nerds arguing about a guy who is supremely more talented than any of us.. I personally think batting order position plays more of a role in how one hits than others do... They think you are going to hit what you hit regardless of where you bat. I think human emotions and thought process have more in play here..
    On a side note, I often chuckle at the thought of a bunch of nobodies like us talking about an elite athlete like Inciarte being terrible haha! He could probably walk in and dominate any of us so thoroughly at any sport it would be embarrassing!

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    On a side note, I often chuckle at the thought of a bunch of nobodies like us talking about an elite athlete like Inciarte being terrible haha! He could probably walk in and dominate any of us so thoroughly at any sport it would be embarrassing!
    I might have a shot at bowling and golf... but then you did say sport.. so

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    So come up with more realistic trade ideas. I got lambasted for suggesting the Braves could get Braun and Lucroy for Jenkins. It was a pretty bad proposal on my part because I severely underrated the cost for Lucroy.

Did I start whining about how mean people are? Did I start calling names while I hid under my mother's skirt crying like a little girl?

Stop crying. Enscheff doesn't want Inciarte.
    There ya go - fixed.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    There ya go - fixed.
    Incorrect. I think he is just fine...as a 4th OFer or platoon bat in CF. Since the team also has a very similar (and cheaper) player in Mallex, I think the Braves should trade Inciarte to a team that values him as an everyday CFer.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,131 Posts
    For what it's worth, BP did another one of those mock GM trade articles, and here is what they ultimately got from the Rangers:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=29952

"This is tough for us. We have three (really four—sorry, Toronto) very competitive offers for Teheran. The Cubs are promising us a guy who can help now in Almora and Candelario, a potential lineup mainstay in Happ and solid lottery tickets in Cease and Dewees. It’s a fair price. The Dodgers are offering us two top-50 prospect arms, a top-100 bat and a lottery ticket. That’s pretty swell, too.

But at the end of the day, we like what Texas is offering best. Brinson is a potential role-60 player who we can show off in our new ballpark next season. Tate’s star has fallen a bit since he was drafted, but if you haven’t caught on, our org has a thing for live arms. Jurado is arguably the best fourth piece we were offered all day. And we’ll choose Mendez over Ortiz for the final piece, going for probability over upside after taking on two higher-variance arms in Tate and Jurado."

I would consider that a win for Teheran.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    I'd be happy with those deals from Chicago, Texas and the Dodgers.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    I'd be happy with those deals from Chicago, Texas and the Dodgers.
    I like the Dodgers deal, the Texas deal I'm not a huge fan of just because I'm not a gigantic fan of Brinson or Tate. I'd want Brinson, Cordell, and Ortiz if we were moving him to the Rangers. Not that the Cubs need him, but as much as I am a fan of Happ, if we were trading him to the Cubs Eloy would have to be included.
    Last edited by auyushu; 07-28-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    He wouldn't stand a chance against me with Free Cell or Cribbage.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (07-28-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    For what it's worth, BP did another one of those mock GM trade articles, and here is what they ultimately got from the Rangers:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=29952

"This is tough for us. We have three (really four—sorry, Toronto) very competitive offers for Teheran. The Cubs are promising us a guy who can help now in Almora and Candelario, a potential lineup mainstay in Happ and solid lottery tickets in Cease and Dewees. It’s a fair price. The Dodgers are offering us two top-50 prospect arms, a top-100 bat and a lottery ticket. That’s pretty swell, too.

But at the end of the day, we like what Texas is offering best. Brinson is a potential role-60 player who we can show off in our new ballpark next season. Tate’s star has fallen a bit since he was drafted, but if you haven’t caught on, our org has a thing for live arms. Jurado is arguably the best fourth piece we were offered all day. And we’ll choose Mendez over Ortiz for the final piece, going for probability over upside after taking on two higher-variance arms in Tate and Jurado."

I would consider that a win for Teheran.
    I'd go with the Dodgers deal. We get De Leon back so that lessens the blow of Teheran and we get Verdugo and Barnes back on top of it. We win that trade all day.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Texas and Chicago have the best offers from that.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    If we aren't trading Julio, would it be crazy to at least "see" what kind of value someone like Wisler could bring back? You could may be get a AAA pitcher with more upside and a bat plus. I like him, but not sure he has elite stuff and when he doesn't locate, he gets throttled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    If we aren't trading Julio, would it be crazy to at least "see" what kind of value someone like Wisler could bring back? You could may be get a AAA pitcher with more upside and a bat plus. I like him, but not sure he has elite stuff and when he doesn't locate, he gets throttled.
    I'd like to see what we could get for Wisler and maybe Newcomb plus an Acuna... Two high upside prospects one close and one young pitcher who's already had some successes in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Wonder if Brewers would laugh at Wisler, Newcomb, Acuna, Herbert for Braun Lucroy
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 07-28-2016 at 06:36 PM.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    I'd like to see what kind of offense a package of Mauricio and Withrow would fetch?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Wonder if Brewers would laugh at Wisler, Newcomb, Acuna, Herbert for Braun Lucroy
    There's a lot of selling low in that package. I'd look to sell high on guys.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Why on earth would you want to move Acuna? He's the only offensive prospect we have above rookie ball besides Albies and Swanson that has a good chance of being a well above average offensive player. He's a player you keep, not someone you throw away as a 3rd or 4th piece in a trade when he hasn't built up value.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Why do u want those guys?

I'm not giving up Acuna or Newcombe for a rental

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Okay fine... Take Acuna out. Braun isn't a rental and Lucroy may extend

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    Why on earth would you want to move Acuna? He's the only offensive prospect we have above rookie ball besides Albies and Swanson that has a good chance of being a well above average offensive player. He's a player you keep, not someone you throw away as a 3rd or 4th piece in a trade when he hasn't built up value.
    Stole my thoughts.