Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
And that could be totally right...or totally wrong.

I thought we would slow the pace of these guys, so that the guys really killing it in the minors would for the most part get a shot. AA is doing the Coppy thing though. You would think it was still 2016 the way they are rushing these guys. That’s what I do not get.

I was glad for Allard, but he is like the LAST of the big pitchers I want to see get a shot. He is literally the first big name I would sell and it’s not even close. Get past him and man...it’s a bunch of high end arms. Of course they all won’t pan out. I just don’t want to end up trading two #1-#2 types simply because we didn’t even have a spot for them to prove it.
I won't argue about Allard... I hope he is the frst one traded and I hope he still has value when it happens. I think personally that we are trying to showcase him at the end of the year in hopes he will pitch a solid set of games in the majors to get someone to bite big on him in the off season. That being said... all the guys getting promoted ARE killing it in the minors... they deserve the promotions... I'd be so pissed as a player if I obviously earned a promotion, everyone says I need to be promoted, but the club didn't because they want to wait and see if they should trade me or someone else.