based upon the principle that an independent,
    impartial, and competent judiciary, com
    posed of men and women of integrity, will
    interpret and apply the law th
    at governs our society. Thus,
    the judiciary plays a central
    role in preserving the principles of justice a
    nd the rule of law. Inherent in all the Rules
    contained in this Code are the precepts that judges, individually and collectively, must
    respect and honor the judicial o
    ffice as a public trust and strive to maintain and enhance
    confidence in the legal system.

[2]
    Judges should maintain the dignity of judicial office at all times, and avoid both
    impropriety and the appearance of impropriety
    in their professional and personal lives.
    They should aspire at all times to conduct
    that ensures the great
    est possible public
    confidence in their independence, impartiality, integrity, and competence.

[3]
    The Model Code of Judicial Conduct establishes standards for the ethical conduct
    of judges and judicial candidates. It is not intended as an
    exhaustive guide for the conduct
    of judges and judicial candidates, who are governed in their judicial
    and personal conduct
    by general ethical standards as well as by
    the Code. The Code is intended, however, to
    provide guidance and assist judges in maintaining the highest standards of judicial and
    personal conduct, and to provide a basis for regulating their conduct through disciplinary
    agencies.
    I don't like seeing SCOTUS justices decide how they want a case to turn out and then work backwards to justify it. However, there are currently 8 SCOTUS justices that do it with the 9th having just retired.

What Hirono meant by "outcome driven" was outcomes she doesn't like. All SCOTUS justices are outcome driven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    my reading tells me she called a spade a spade.
    My reading also tells me only far right media is reporting Hirono's statements in this light.

Seems like standard Senator speak -- hardly makes her "the biggest idiot" or "downright crazy"

So yeah, go ahead and use hysterical
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Interestingly, Hirono defended Al Franken for weeks before giving in and calling for him to resign. She went as far as saying sometimes "good people do bad things". And that wasn't a case of uncorroborated accusations but proven acts.

Now she refused to consider Kavanaugh might be truthful because he's probably pro life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    But you know, end of the day, US Senators come and go. Supreme Court Justices are there for life

Tell me again why you are talking about an obscure Senator from a state many (R) consider a foreign country?

meanwhile:

Jane Mayer
    ‏ @JaneMayerNYer
    5h5 hours ago

Jane Mayer Retweeted John Cardillo

Erotomania returns as a defense: Kavanaugh’s defenders accuse Ford of delusionally

imagining it all because they suggest, she may have had a crush on him.

Just what they said about Anita Hill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Interestingly, Hirono defended Al Franken for weeks before giving in and calling for him to resign. She went as far as saying sometimes "good people do bad things". And that wasn't a case of uncorroborated accusations but proven acts.

Now she refused to consider Kavanaugh might be truthful because he's probably pro life.
    there are people that traffic this very board that doubt others honesty based only on their view on abortion.

I question BK's judgement for using the phrase "abortion inducing" when discussing birth control
    Regardless his client
    ~Judgement -honesty ~

The accusations are not yet corroborated or uncorroborated.
    You know that

Who is Al Franken ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 09-29-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    there are people that traffic this very board that doubt others honesty based only on their view on abortion.

I question BK's judgement for using the phrase "abortion inducing" when discussing birth control
    Regardless his client
    ~Judgement -honesty ~

The accusations are not yet corroborated or uncorroborated.
    You know that

Who is Al Franken ?
    I don't question someone's honesty because of their political views. That's dangerous thinking.

Accusations that have no corroboration are definitionally uncorroborated. They can later gain corroboration but until then, they're uncorroborated.

Are you serious about Al Franken?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Of course I am serious about Al Franken.

21st century (D) has pretty much let it be known if ones judgement puts them in position of allegations - not even offenses- allegations

you are getting the bums rush.
    Speaking of partisanship, one party seems to take more serious the ethics governance .
    Kinda like that Preamble I brought up earlier

Dylan once wrote
    " Well, the moral of the story
    The moral of this song,
    Is simply that one should never be
    Where one does not belong "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Of course I am serious about Al Franken.

21st century (D) has pretty much let it be known if ones judgement puts them in position of allegations - not even offenses- allegations

you are getting the bums rush.
    Speaking of partisanship, one party seems to take more serious the ethics governance .
    Kinda like that Preamble I brought up earlier

Dylan once wrote
    " Well, the moral of the story
    The moral of this song,
    Is simply that one should never be
    Where one does not belong "
    Al Franken, the Dem Senator who was accused of sexual assault and there was a photo of him either groping or acting like he was groping a sleeping woman. Hirono defended him for weeks before finally calling for him to resign.

No one in Washington takes the ethics of governance seriously. The only thing taken seriously is political expediency. I may be cynical but this is why I'm disgusted at the current political situation.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Your list reveals that your judgement is based on partisanism.
    Shocked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Shocked
    I don't have a problem with people if they want their views to be informed by partisanism. It's not for me. My views on politics are informed by cynically looking at events. Who says my way is better than anyone else's? Whatever helps you get through the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Trump, now worried the FBI will find something new, shrinking the parameters of the investigation to protect his boy.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Trump, now worried the FBI will find something new, shrinking the parameters of the investigation to protect his boy.
    Eliminating any investigation into the third accuser probably has more to do with her lawyer being Stormy Daniels lawyer than trying to protect Kavanaugh.

The third allegation is by far the least credible so it's easier to get away with not looking into it.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    I don't have a problem with people if they want their views to be informed by partisanism. It's not for me. My views on politics are informed by cynically looking at events. Who says my way is better than anyone else's? Whatever helps you get through the day.
    It’s one thing to have your views informed by partisanism...it’s another thing to be a slave to partisanism.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (09-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Very interesting thread here from Margot Cleveland which I'll post below. She's asking questions that I've been running through my head for a while now and part of the reason that I think Kavanaugh is innocent. Julio made a real nice post about appreciating the recognition of bias from me and some other right leaning folks in this thread. I will say it's been difficult for me to offer the same compliment for many that I disagree with on this board (Julio I think has tried to be fair). I've noticed an extremely strong bias against white wealthy frat dudes. To the point where the very questionable allegations made by Swetnik were taken very seriously itt. I don't think people learned their lesson from the Duke rape case. Here's what I've anecdotally noticed about white wealthy frat dudes in my lifetime. Some are ****ty dudes and some are really nice guys and there are some people in the middle. I've noticed the same about every class, race and non fraternity members that I've met. Even if white rich frat guys are douchier than the average human, I think it's important to understand that a large chunk of them are not bad guys.

Anyway. Point being that I think the bias from the more left leaning folks on the board has largely gone unrecognized. Here's a link to her twitter. No idea how to make a thread on this board. It's 18 posts that she made.

link
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Eliminating any investigation into the third accuser probably has more to do with her lawyer being Stormy Daniels lawyer than trying to protect Kavanaugh.

The third allegation is by far the least credible so it's easier to get away with not looking into it.
    If it's the least credible that's all the more reason to have the FBI confirm that.

How credible it is should be determined by an FBI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Very interesting thread here from Margot Cleveland which I'll post below. She's asking questions that I've been running through my head for a while now and part of the reason that I think Kavanaugh is innocent. Julio made a real nice post about appreciating the recognition of bias from me and some other right leaning folks in this thread. I will say it's been difficult for me to offer the same compliment for many that I disagree with on this board (Julio I think has tried to be fair). I've noticed an extremely strong bias against white wealthy frat dudes. To the point where the very questionable allegations made by Swetnik were taken very seriously itt. I don't think people learned their lesson from the Duke rape case. Here's what I've anecdotally noticed about white wealthy frat dudes in my lifetime. Some are ****ty dudes and some are really nice guys and there are some people in the middle. I've noticed the same about every class, race and non fraternity members that I've met. Even if white rich frat guys are douchier than the average human, I think it's important to understand that a large chunk of them are not bad guys.

Anyway. Point being that I think the bias from the more left leaning folks on the board has largely gone unrecognized. Here's a link to her twitter. No idea how to make a thread on this board. It's 18 posts that she made.

link
    I believe her because she went to Washington and told her story in that hostile environment in front of the world. The other allegations and records seen to reveal a pattern of behavior that rings true to me, having lived through that time myself.

But I'll admit that I also don't want Kavanaugh on the SC, period.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,012 Posts
    WTF is going on here? We had initial reporting yesterday from NBC and Wall Street Journal that the FBI wasn't allowed to pursue Swetnick's allegations. Then Trump comes out to **** on that, saying they have free rein. Now, it's a limited witness list, no interview of Swetnick, but they'll ask Judge about it, and the White House will "decide later" if there will be any follow-ups.

Man, they must be terrified of what's out there. I think we have to consider that Kavanaugh's drinking problem was known about by the Republicans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    What I find really weird is that no one says a word about alcohol being the problem here. If Kavanaugh was getting stoned and doing this stuff there would be non stop talk about how bad marijuana is and this is why it needs to be illegal. Much of this drinking is under age, they would be ****ting themselves at "kids" smoking the dope.

How many rapes, assaults, and manslaughters is alcohol responsible for every day? We have Congressmen who kill people drinking and driving and its not a big deal. I am tired of this double standard. These mother ****ers say alcohol is a tradition but what they mean is its traditional for European culture.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Runnin (09-30-2018)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What I find really weird is that no one says a word about alcohol being the problem here. If Kavanaugh was getting stoned and doing this stuff there would be non stop talk about how bad marijuana is and this is why it needs to be illegal. Much of this drinking is under age, they would be ****ting themselves at "kids" smoking the dope.

How many rapes, assaults, and manslaughters is alcohol responsible for every day? We have Congressmen who kill people drinking and driving and its not a big deal. I am tired of this double standard. These mother ****ers say alcohol is a tradition but what they mean is its traditional for European culture.
    This is the point the Democratic senators were (very weakly) trying to get at the other day. But the Republicans want to posture and be like OH MY GERD WHY ARE WE ASKING HIM ABOUT COLLEGE DRINKING????????

If the guy had a thing of blacking out, it might explain why he legit doesn't remember doing anything.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    WTF is going on here? We had initial reporting yesterday from NBC and Wall Street Journal that the FBI wasn't allowed to pursue Swetnick's allegations. Then Trump comes out to **** on that, saying they have free rein. Now, it's a limited witness list, no interview of Swetnick, but they'll ask Judge about it, and the White House will "decide later" if there will be any follow-ups.

Man, they must be terrified of what's out there. I think we have to consider that Kavanaugh's drinking problem was known about by the Republicans.
    Trump telling his supporters the investigation is free reign but then limits certain things like asking for Judge's Safeway timecards.

I think Trump is doing this to condition his supporters before the midterms. He says the investigation is free reign but he's just going to run out the clock and say see the dems wasted time and Kavanaugh was wronged. He's going to use that momentum to fire up his supporters to turnout for mid terms to draw parallels to the Mueller investigation to try and save himself. I don't think Trump cares either way if Kavanaugh gets confirmed or steps down. He's going to milk this political fiasco for his benefit.
    Forever Fredi