Page 43 of 583 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I didn't remember the meeting, but now I do remember the meeting, and I know that I pushed back against Papadopoulos but I don't remember if anyone else at the meeting responded.

Very convincing, all in all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-14-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Ok. If you meant "paid senior staff" or "primary decision-maker," you could have said that.
    Well, I kind of did. By adding proper, I think the distinguishment between essentials and non-essentials was made evident. Again, I refer you back to the context of the conversation that we were engaged in, and really, to the shadow context that brought all of this to the forefront of the national discourse. It wasn't the accusation that low-level Trump staff were colluding, it was "puppet" Trump and his inner-circle. Now you are content on propping up PapaD, and pumping his role, because in many ways he's the most prominent corroborator of that original accusation. And maybe he'll shake the big apples out of the tree. I sort've hope he does, because all of this squinting is giving me a headache.
    Last edited by Hawk; 11-14-2017 at 12:35 PM.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Well, I kind of did. By adding proper, I think the distinguishment between essentials and non-essentials was made evident. Again, I refer you back to the context of the conversation that we were engaged in, and really, to the shadow context that brought all of this to the forefront of the national discourse. It wasn't the accusation that low-level Trump staff were colluding, it was "puppet" Trump and his inner-circle. Now you are content on propping up PapaD, and pumping his role, because in many ways he's the most prominent corroborator of that original accusation. And maybe he'll shake the big apples out of the tree. I sort've hope he does, because all of this squinting is giving me a headache.
    I think you're seriously distorting that conversation, but I'm willing to leave that alone for the moment.

Papadopoulos is a topic of conversation because, thanks to recent revelations, there is non-speculative information about him and his activities, and about the campaign as a whole, not necessarily because the whole thing now hinges on him.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    First things first, my actual initial quote: "I don't believe that the Trump campaign (proper) colluded with them."

Relevant quotable context:

We know that DJTJ received a solicitation to meet that explicitly offered the support of the Russian government, and he set up a meet and forwarded it to Manafort and Kushner, who also attended the meet. That's not a conspiracy theory. That's just what happened, apparently.
    It isn't an example of support but it is concrete proof of the willingness of important people in the Trump inner circle to accept "help" proffered by Moscow, and of Moscow's desire to a)conspire with them and/or b)compromise and burn them.
    Junior got presented with an opportunity to cooperate with Russians to bring out dirt on HRC. He basically said "Hells yeah! Let's talk about timing" and cc's Manafort and Kushner.
    Hypothetically, if it's determined that the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia in targeting their social media/online propaganda campaign, would you change your mind?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Scampi seems to have understood exactly what I meant:

The presence of Kushner and Manafort at the meeting strongly suggests (while falling short of proving) that the Trump campaign (proper) did collude.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    yeah, i'm sure it is nothing again

i mean, i'm sure it never got brought up at all

I've finally figured it out. The huge lump on Goldstone's torso is PapaD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Axios‏Verified account @axios
    36m36 minutes ago

NEW: Kushner failed to disclose emails about Wikileaks & Russia

why ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    I've long thought that the money trail would be problematic for Trump. There is no big new revelation in this article, but it summarizes some of the issues.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...russia-dossier
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Travels by Trump campaign adviser Carter Page to meet with senior officials in Hungary during the 2016 presidential election are being closely examined by congressional investigators, given the increasingly close ties between Hungary and Russia and the role of the country as a hub for Russian intelligence activity. The Hungarian prime minister was the first foreign leader to endorse Donald Trump’s candidacy.

Though characterized as a low-level volunteer, Page held high-level foreign policy meetings with Hungarian officials before the 2016 presidential election, ABC News has learned.

The meetings included a 45-minute session in September 2016 with Jeno Megyesy, who is a close adviser to Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban and focuses on relations with the United States, at his office in Budapest, where Page presented himself as a member of then-candidate Trump’s foreign policy team.

Megyesy confirmed for ABC News in an interview Friday that he met with Page at the request of Reka Szemerkenyi, the Hungarian ambassador to the United States. Megyesy said he did most of the talking at the meeting because Page did not appear to be well versed on the issues facing the region.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=51284300

Page almost surely perjured himself when he testified to not remembering who he met with in Hungary. The linked article continues with this exhange:

When questioned by Rep. Adam Schiff of California, the ranking Democrat on the committee, during a hearing in early November, however, Page had only hazy memories of the trip. He said he remembered seeing a Hungarian official but could not recall who.

“You don’t remember the names of anyone you met with or what their positions were in the Hungarian government?” Schiff asked, according to a transcript of the closed-door session.

“Not right now,” Page replied. “I can’t recall.”

Page told the members he could only barely remember the visit, saying “the detailed specifics of that are a distant memory.”

But Schiff was incredulous. “You went all the way to Budapest, and you can’t remember who you met with and what you hoped to accomplish?” he asked.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-20-2017 at 11:05 PM.

"I am your retribution."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (11-20-2017)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Seems like a pattern with these folks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    I find it interesting that Megyesy decided to share the information that Page went to some trouble to conceal.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Any day now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    reports are Flynn flipped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    reports are Flynn flipped
    "Reports" not very conclusive.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    "Reports" not very conclusive.
    cut off cooperation with Trumps lawyers...keep moving nothing to see here

"I am your retribution."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-24-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Michael Flynn is the key to the Russia scandal — and he may have just flipped on Trump

The president just got some very, very bad news in the form of a New York Times report:

Lawyers for Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser, notified the president’s legal team in recent days that they could no longer discuss the special counsel’s investigation, according to four people involved in the case — an indication that Mr. Flynn is cooperating with prosecutors or negotiating a deal.

Mr. Flynn’s lawyers had been sharing information with Mr. Trump’s lawyers about the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, who is examining whether anyone around Mr. Trump was involved in Russian efforts to undermine Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

That agreement has been terminated, the four people said. Defense lawyers frequently share information during investigations, but they must stop when doing so would pose a conflict of interest. It is unethical for lawyers to work together when one client is cooperating with prosecutors and another is still under investigation.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    we know what Mueller wants us to know. When he does, to this point, it has been noteworthy

It has always been after the fact, not sure if read the time frame in the NYT article but did read this is a couple weeks old news to the participants.

Participants on our radar ?

Trump Sr and Jr
    Kushner
    Sessions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson
    3m3 minutes ago

Interesting, isn't it, that both Trump ("birtherism") and Putin (social media "bots") launched social media campaigns to divide America based on race beginning around 2011-2012?

Almost like they were on the same wavelength there.

2m2 minutes ago

2/ (Konstantin Rykov confirms his Kremlin-funded social media campaign in the United States began in 2011.)

Wow, it almost feels like Donald Trump is going to go down as the biggest traitor in the history of the United St

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    3m3 minutes ago

Interesting, isn't it, that both Trump ("birtherism") and Putin (social media "bots") launched social media campaigns to divide America based on race beginning around 2011-2012?

Almost like they were on the same wavelength there.

2m2 minutes ago

2/ (Konstantin Rykov confirms his Kremlin-funded social media campaign in the United States began in 2011.)

Wow, it almost feels like Donald Trump is going to go down as the biggest traitor in the history of the United St
    STAWP POASTING

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    found the bottle did jya ?