Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Before you build a house you need to lay the foundation.

Econ/Finance 101/102 weren't exactly exhilarating either.
    Im just joking for the most part. I did briefly entertain the idea of accounting, but it was painfully boring. At these there was some excitement in econ, stats, finance. (to me)
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Im just joking for the most part. I did briefly entertain the idea of accounting, but it was painfully boring. At these there was some excitement in econ, stats, finance. (to me)
    Oh, low level accounting is certainly boring. At the private level it devolves into monkey transaction work and checking boxes. Auditing is even worse. However, at the higher levels of a business you need to understand the accounting of a transaction before you enter into it so that it makes sense for the business.

Of course I know you understand that. I'm not going to act like accounting is this high thrills job. Its clearly not and I question whether or not this is where I want to be all hte time. But ultimately its a great base to have and at some point I'll go back to school to get my MBA with a concentration in finance.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    My buddy worked at EY, liked the money but hated the hours and work....ended up moving on and going private. Did say that if you can tolerate the work and hours that you can definitely advance and that it was a good company to work for.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    My buddy worked at EY, liked the money but hated the hours and work....ended up moving on and going private. Did say that if you can tolerate the work and hours that you can definitely advance and that it was a good company to work for.
    Making it to partner after 12-15 and you are set for life.

Base salary of 450k with lucrative bonuses...and that is just the starting compensation.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Thethe if you ever consider moving or relocation, I'm an executive recruiter on the side. Can help you find something.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What geographical areas do you cover?
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    New Jersey has 5 of the 30 deadliest cities in America.

Sounds like a nice place to raise a family.

30 Newark, NJ
    29 Washington, DC
    28 Atlanta, GA
    27 Trenton, NJ
    26 Birmingham, AL
    25 Bridgeton, NJ
    24 Jackson, TN
    23 Milwaukee, WI
    22 Fort Pierce, FL
    21 Spartanburg, SC
    20 Rockford, IL
    19 Little Rock, AR
    18 Baltimore, MD
    17 Homestead, FL
    16 Cleveland, OH
    15 Newburgh, NY
    14 St. Louis, MO
    13 Harvey, IL
    12 Myrtle Beach, SC
    11 Alexandria, LA
    10 Memphis, TN
    9 Wilmington, DE
    8 Atlantic City, NJ
    7 Flint, MI
    6 Bessemer, AL
    5 Oakland, CA
    4 Saginaw, MI
    3 Detroit, MI
    2 Chester, PA
    1 Camden, NJ

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What geographical areas do you cover?
    Everywhere. My boss does most of the executive recruiting for financial jobs. I'm working more on engineering jobs.
    Forever Fredi

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    New Jersey has 5 of the 30 deadliest cities in America.

Sounds like a nice place to raise a family.
    THen you have places like Pennington, Mt. Laurel, Manalapan, HIllsborough, Fort Lee, Milltown, Westfield, etc. For a dynamic perspective. Camden is right next to places like Cherry Hill and Collingswood, and they have no problems. The localised issues in NJ are that. Localized. The gangs in Trenton aren't moving up to Princeton to cause issues or down to Bordentown. NJ has issues, it's not a perfect state. But picking on it for a few bad seeds isn't fair. It's like ****ting on Michigan because of them having some bad cities.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Well, the only things that Zito has suggested that are good about New Jersey are:

1) Food
    2) Culture/History
    3) Beaches

I can guarantee you that my city roundly trumps New Jersey in all three respects and does it cheaper with much more attractive women.
    This whole post is a bigger lie than the cake.

History south carolina may have a claim on, but I would argue it would depend heavily on what you value for history.

Food is no contest. Even ignoring you being in a metropolitan area should grant you better food in a small area, and I'll give you BBQ and soul/southern food, because NJ has some good places, but it's not the same. But you're gonna dare tell me the food is as good? Do you even Hoagie bro? Do you know that italian food isn't egg noodles with ketchup? Do you even have delis down there?

I'd live in Charleston as far as a place that's cool to be. But I'm also a 4 season kind of guy. One of the reasons I didn't move to Eugene when I had an offer to be an apprentice Brewer for rogue (aside from you know moving across the country for a pretty low paying job) was it's basically spring/fall all year long. NJ is in that sweet belt where you get all 4 seasons. Though my ideal place to live without 4 seasons would be Austin. Don't like Texas, but I do love Austin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I don't mind Jersey, but admittedly I have spent most of my time there in Atlantic City and South Jersey and I hated both of those areas. The rest of the state seemed fine.

The people I could do without. It's telling that I much prefer Pennsylvanians over the stubborn jack asses that populate Jersey.
    Pennsylvanians can't be classified as one group. While NJ has diversity in it, Pennsylvania is freaking weird. YOu have folks in the western part of the state who're more Midwestern, people in Pittsburgh and Cleveland have more in common than Pittsburgh and Philly, then you have the people who're more rural than Kentucky populating the central part. Then you have the more white trash types surrounding Philly, the New York types in the Scranton area, and so much more. Pennsylvania is a weird state for the north east. NJ is pretty diverse, New York has the NYC and then the rest of the state thing, Mass has the east/west, Maine has the south/north, New Hampshire has the Mountains/flatlanders, so on so forth. But Pennsylvania takes the cake for me because it's so heavily pulled by it's metros, and the surrounding areas as well.

That being said, the majority of the NJ assholes are Philly transplants or wannabe New Yorkers. The rest of us shake out heads at that shenanigans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Based on watching the Sopranos.

There's really nothing about New Jersey that appeals to me on any level. Why do you like it so much? I think it's just because you are from there.
    Being from there is a huge part. But my girlfriend who's from New Hampshire loved NJ. She wouldn't have moved back to NH if her parents didn't have a restaurant that she wants to run. She loves New Brunswick. She loves where my parents live. She loves Freehold. Even with the weird Freehold smell. She loves the shore, princeton, so on so forth.

It really depends on how you're geared as a person. If you can't stand the fast paced lifestyle you'll hate NJ. It's cutthroat, only the strong survive, so on so forth. But if you work hard, NJ gives you some of the best ways to play hard as well.

As a former lifetime resident, I can tell you this, it's an amazing state. I'm sure other states are great as well, but there's nothing that's the same as it. Greatest state in the union.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    This whole post is a bigger lie than the cake.

History south carolina may have a claim on, but I would argue it would depend heavily on what you value for history.

Food is no contest. Even ignoring you being in a metropolitan area should grant you better food in a small area, and I'll give you BBQ and soul/southern food, because NJ has some good places, but it's not the same. But you're gonna dare tell me the food is as good? Do you even Hoagie bro? Do you know that italian food isn't egg noodles with ketchup? Do you even have delis down there?

I'd live in Charleston as far as a place that's cool to be. But I'm also a 4 season kind of guy. One of the reasons I didn't move to Eugene when I had an offer to be an apprentice Brewer for rogue (aside from you know moving across the country for a pretty low paying job) was it's basically spring/fall all year long. NJ is in that sweet belt where you get all 4 seasons. Though my ideal place to live without 4 seasons would be Austin. Don't like Texas, but I do love Austin.
    I agree with you about the seasons. I lived in London a couple of years for school and fell in love with winter. Summer here is basically 75% of the year so you practically always have to be fit enough to go shirtless. In England I loved knowing there were a few months that I could eat and drink to my hearts content and be able to hide my chubbliness behind a thick beard and multiple layers of clothing. That, and I'm one of those weird people that thrives in dark, cold, and isolated settings.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the food.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I agree with you about the seasons. I lived in London a couple of years for school and fell in love with winter. Summer here is basically 75% of the year so you practically always have to be fit enough to go shirtless. In England I loved knowing there were a few months that I could eat and drink to my hearts content and be able to hide my chubbliness behind a thick beard and multiple layers of clothing. That, and I'm one of those weird people that thrives in dark, cold, and isolated settings.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the food.
    We won't have to agree to disagree

NJ has better diversity, and that makes for better food. Don't get me wrong, I really want to go to some places like say Husk, cause Sean Brock is awesome. He's one of the chefs who I love because he's all about local and tradition. 2 things that are great. But there's a thing even greater, which is when you have a large variety of cultures. Mexican, Cuban, black, italian, Indian, Jewish, Japanese, Chinese, FIlipino, and many more. To pick on New Brunswick, I can think of an Ethopian place, greek, Turkish, Korean, Chinese (american and authentic) Japanese, Mexican, Indian, Jewish, Filipino, and too many italian and American pub joints.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    We won't have to agree to disagree

NJ has better diversity, and that makes for better food. Don't get me wrong, I really want to go to some places like say Husk, cause Sean Brock is awesome. He's one of the chefs who I love because he's all about local and tradition. 2 things that are great. But there's a thing even greater, which is when you have a large variety of cultures. Mexican, Cuban, black, italian, Indian, Jewish, Japanese, Chinese, FIlipino, and many more. To pick on New Brunswick, I can think of an Ethopian place, greek, Turkish, Korean, Chinese (american and authentic) Japanese, Mexican, Indian, Jewish, Filipino, and too many italian and American pub joints.
    I live like three blocks from Husk and it's certainly one of my favorite restaurants in town. I think Esquire voted it the best new restaurant in the country a few years ago. Sean Brock is definitely a super talented chef with the unique ability to reinvent traditonal cuisine without making it inaccessible either by taste or cost. He recently opened a haute-ish Mexican restaurant in another area of the peninsula that is growing on me.

I will say that the ethnic cuisine scene here is exploding; in the past year two Korean, two Vietnamese, and a Lebanese restaurant have opened which are all excellent and quite authentic. In that respect CHS is almost like East Berlin after the wall fell. Along the crazy amount of development that is happening locally the diversity of the food culture is also exploding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I live like three blocks from Husk and it's certainly one of my favorite restaurants in town. I think Esquire voted it the best new restaurant in the country a few years ago. Sean Brock is definitely a super talented chef with the unique ability to reinvent traditonal cuisine without making it inaccessible either by taste or cost. He recently opened a haute-ish Mexican restaurant in another area of the peninsula that is growing on me.

I will say that the ethnic cuisine scene here is exploding; in the past year two Korean, two Vietnamese, and a Lebanese restaurant have opened which are all excellent and quite authentic. In that respect CHS is almost like East Berlin after the wall fell. Along the crazy amount of development that is happening locally the diversity of the food culture is also exploding.
    Enjoy the explosion while it happens. Experiencing other cultures through foods is my favorite. Number 1 thing I hate about where I live now. No real options. In the nearest town to me, the ethnic cuisine is a pretty good Thai place (owner is Thai) 2 bad chinese places, a bad mexican place and a decent mexican/brazilian place. Brazilian is essentially non-existent on the menu aside from rodizio nights. And thats it. I need a real italian joint so freaking bad. I'd kill for a good chicken parm. Up here chicken parm is over breaded and the sauce sucks.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Y'all don't know Mexican food. The southwest has firm foothold in that area.

Street tacos > all

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Burritos in San Diego... mmm.
    Forever Fredi

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    I don't understand why feminine lesbians go for butch lesbians. If you're a chick and you like chicks, why are you into chicks that look like guys? If you like the look of a guy, then get a real guy, not an ugly ass fat fake version of one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Y'all don't know Mexican food. The southwest has firm foothold in that area.

Street tacos > all
    While the southwest is the mecca if you would. As they're much closer to the native home of the ingredients and so on so forth. Freehold is home to 2 great mexican joints. All it takes for good mexican food is mexicans and someone who can cook it in a restaurant setting. Good mexican is found in most major metropolitan areas.

Here's a question for you though c2c, what kind of mexican do you prefer? Cali-Mex? Tex-Mex? Authentic mex? Though we'r eseeing more and more a blend of th efirst 2. best of both worlds type.