Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Someone give me a plausible reason to vote Democrat

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    At the risk of crossing threads and for the sake of consistency ...

Unless of course if those tax subsidies go to business' that don't pay their employees a living wage.
    Then ...

Favor or not -- you adhere to business models that require tax subsidies.
    In the real world that is "favor"ing

Feel free to cherry pick what you "favor" and don't
    sigh

this reminds me of that time where you told me it was my fault my health premiums went up 78%

But then I found out how bad at math you were so it all made snese

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    ACHOO!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (08-17-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    sigh

this reminds me of that time where you told me it was my fault my health premiums went up 78%

"everyone is a (L) until their house is 10' under water"
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    "everyone is a (L) until their house is 10' under water"
    This is one of your favorites... it's cute.

If my house is under water... I really hope I'm not depending on the government for help... or else I'd be in a lot more trouble.

I suspect my private insurance would be the better route. I'll let you know when this scenario happens and if I change my beliefs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    sigh

It is your fault you don't understand how this works.
    Still ...
    ///
    This from Jan of 2015
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/don-t-...200917444.html

Most Americans don’t face premium increases as high as those reflected in the Commonwealth study. In its annual survey of health insurance costs, the Kaiser Family Foundation found that premium increases during the last year averaged just 3% for a typical family plan and 2.4% for an individual plan. What has changed, however, is that many insurance plans cover less or come with higher deductibles, which is pushing up out-of-pocket costs for many patients even as premiums stabilize.
    /////

I'm sorry you have to contribute to the welfare of others.Tell me again
    Who? ... The People

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This is one of your favorites... it's cute.

If my house is under water... I really hope I'm not depending on the government for help... or else I'd be in a lot more trouble.

I suspect my private insurance would be the better route. I'll let you know when this scenario happens and if I change my beliefs
    Ask the people in Louisiana who is there today with assistance, the government or the insurance companies?
    Go ahead, ask

Here is to hoping your scenario doesn't change
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-17-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    It is your fault you don't understand how this works.
    Still ...
    ///
    This from Jan of 2015
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/don-t-...200917444.html

Most Americans don’t face premium increases as high as those reflected in the Commonwealth study. In its annual survey of health insurance costs, the Kaiser Family Foundation found that premium increases during the last year averaged just 3% for a typical family plan and 2.4% for an individual plan. What has changed, however, is that many insurance plans cover less or come with higher deductibles, which is pushing up out-of-pocket costs for many patients even as premiums stabilize.
    /////

I'm sorry you have to contribute to the welfare of others.Tell me again
    Who? ... The People
    I'm sorry you don't understand how math works.

Last year I donated $2K to charity and volunteered 60 hours in homeless and animal shelters.

I feel this is a better use of my contribution to welfare than letting our government use it to (list too long to type)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    are you making the point that donating one hour a week will provide a safety net?

Don't get me wrong
    1 hour a week is better than no hours a week.
    My hat is off to anyone that contributes their time

All the same, doing the "math" would bet the ranch that there are a number of salaried people that support your volunteer efforts, let alone the cost of insurance in case you should be injured or cover liability in case you give someone cause to sue.
    For conversation sake let's say a soup kitchen, they need a place to have the soup kitchen (rent-building maintenance) - which would be tax exempt but, the initial outlay -though generous, I don't think your $2000 won't begin to cover.
    There will be utility bills
    In this hypothetical soup kitchen is a woman named Jane Doe that comes down with TB - would you agree she doesn't need to be on the street or in the soup kitchen for that matter.
    Not only could she contaminate her fellow diners but you the volunteer.
    How do we pay for her treatment?

Whatever volunteering we do is supported by tax subsidies.

My wife and some of her friends volunteer an afternoon a week to meals on wheels
    That is 4 hours a week and is an everyday program across the US
    and relys on not only thousands of volunteers but tax subsidized discretionary spending (welfare ?)

As it is, Meals on Wheels is estimated to serve just a third or so of the 25 million people over 60 who are poor or near poor.

Federal funding for Meals on Wheels and related nutrition services accounted for 0.02% of the U.S. budget last year. This year, the programs will have to do with roughly $38.7 million less because of the so-called sequester, which requires uniform cuts across programs regardless of cost-effectiveness.

Please read this article from 2013
    http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/06/news...s-budget-cuts/
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-19-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Here you go AA, another reason

Flood waters in Louisiana may look like Katrina, but the FEMA response does not
    By Mark Sumner

It’s only as the waters slowly start to pull back, that the full scope of what’s happened in Louisiana is becoming clear.

As the receding floodwaters continued to expose the magnitude of the disaster the state has been enduring, Louisiana officials said Tuesday that at least 11 people had died, and that about 30,000 people had been rescued. Gov. John Bel Edwards acknowledged that the state did not know how many people were missing, but he said that nearly 8,100 people had slept in shelters on Monday night and that some 40,000 homes had been “impacted to varying degrees.”

The scale of the disaster is hard to comprehend. And while the incredible deluge in Louisiana came without the punishing winds of a hurricane, the flooded streets and submerged houses look all too similar to the levee failures in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. However, there's a big difference in the FEMA response.

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards says he's not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana to see the flood crisis first-hand.

"I'm not complaining in any way about our federal partnership," Edwards said during a news conference on Thursday.

President Obama is not there, causing the kind of traffic jams and security requirements a presidential visit brings. Those requirements could ground helicopters and block roads still urgently needed in search and rescue activity. Instead, the head of Homeland Security and Federal Emergency Management Agency head Craig Fugate are on the ground.

"This is not your 2005 FEMA,” said Commissioner of Administration Jay Dardenne. “They have been much more responsive.”

Senate President John Alario, a Westwego Republican who traveled with Edwards and FEMA leaders earlier this week to flood-struck areas, agreed.

“FEMA has been around since the first drop of rain hit the ground,” he said. “Whether the president is here or not, we’re getting a lot more help from the federal government."

FEMA plans to have hundreds of inspectors on the ground within the next few days, working to help people return to their homes as quickly as possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    LINK: VA spends $20M on art... $760K on the blind

Please give the government more money and power!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (08-19-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    yeah, that's some ****t I agree. Let's see how it plays out

did you notice the embedded ads saying Trump would win 95% of black vote during his re-election.

This from the article in Forbes:

So, let’s make it easy on the VA administrators with a simple, low-cost solution: start using the artwork of veterans. Let veterans benefit from the artwork they create within the PTSD and therapy programs.

will you keep tabs and let us know what is and isn't being done ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-19-2016 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    "Someone give me a plausible reason to vote Democrat", says AA.

Here's another - Donald Trump handing Mike Pence a box of Playdoh with a look on his face that says, "See. I care."

Last edited by Runnin; 08-19-2016 at 11:13 PM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    "Someone give me a plausible reason to vote Democrat", says AA.

Here's another - Donald Trump handing Mike Pence a box of Playdoh with a look on his face that says, "See. I care."

What did Obama do for the people in Louisiana? Oh that's right. He's still on vacation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Your confusing Libertarians for Anarchists. Libertarians oppose FEMA because its financially inefficent, largely ineffective, and encourages people to depend on the government. If anyone should be doing disaster relief it's the states themselves. People come together in times of need like you wouldn't believe. FEMA is just throwing money into a burecratic blender and hoping for the best. When we get **** results from that people act like we have no other choice.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    What did Obama do for the people in Louisiana? Oh that's right. He's still on vacation.
    i think he could find the cure on his own and Krg would still somehow bitch about it

your statement is just absurd but not surprising
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post

Governor requested that the Presidential candidates not come
    you can look it up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Your confusing Libertarians for Anarchists. Libertarians oppose FEMA because its financially inefficent, largely ineffective, and encourages people to depend on the government. If anyone should be doing disaster relief it's the states themselves. People come together in times of need like you wouldn't believe. FEMA is just throwing money into a burecratic blender and hoping for the best. When we get **** results from that people act like we have no other choice.
    we are watching well managed disaster relief.
    Perfect - no
    well managed ? by all accounts

FEMA reputation you refer to was Katrina response

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i think he could find the cure on his own and Krg would still somehow bitch about it

your statement is just absurd but not surprising
    I mean... I don't care... but I did see a speech from Obama criticizing Bush for flying over Louisiana during the hurricane..

But hypocrisy of he or his followers is nothing new

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (08-20-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Ari Berman ‏@AriBerman 10m10 minutes ago

Breaking: Supreme Court declines to reinstate sweeping North Carolina voting restrictions. Big victory for voting rights. Court deadlock 4-4

LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP 5m5 minutes ago

BREAKING: 4 CONSERVATIVES ON THE SUPREME COURT DON'T BELIEVE YOU NEED A REASON TO STOP BLACK PEOPLE FROM VOTING

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Here is another reason AA

Had it been a (D) in Mexico today you can bet your ass Mexico would be paying for that wall