Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Liberty Media reveals Braves’ financial results; revenue up 70% in quarter

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    No it isn't.

I dismiss the idea that the front office set out to "short circuit" any process. I think you meant to say that they intended to make the rebuild shorter than the five years that it takes just about every organization ever. I think there is very little evidence for that and I think you've latched on to it because it helps you feel happier about how miserably you want things to be going.

The rebuild was always subject to same market forces and limitations that apply to 31 other teams. The front office did next to nothing to try and make it a three year process. You are simply wrong about this in my view. Very wrong.

It may well end up failing. I have no idea. But at this point there is very little reason why it has to. The proof will be in the 2020s they way it was always going to be.
    Head in the sand. So much wrong with your post.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Haha so keeping Teheran, keeping Freeman, signing Markakis, trading for Olivera, trading for Kemp, hitching BJ to Kimbrel to clear his contract, trading CJ for Swisher and Bourn to clear those contracts by 2017, starting Swanson’s clock early, starting Albies’ clock early.

Was that part of the rebuild where they “did next to nothing for 2017”? Or have I been following a completely different rebuild?

If the Braves wanted to contend in 2017, they could have held on to Alex Wood, Kimbrell, Simmons, Shelby Miller, and the likes of Mallex Smith any of whom were better bets to be major league players in 2017 than any prospect they could acquire.

I'm not even saying the rebuild will be successful. It may or may not be. I'm just saying it is blatantly obvious that the Braves were not willing to risk any aspect of the organization's health beyond 2019 on winning in 2017.

If they had been, their master strokes would not have been Bartolo Colon, RA Dickey, and Jaime Garcia on one year commitments. They would have cashed in prospects on major league wins. They didn't do that and apparently weren't particularly close to doing that.

All these guys that they "rushed" to the majors were in no way likely to be the backbone of a playoff team in 2017. They were interesting call ups. They are young players that might be part of a run at some point. But things to bank on in 2017? Don't be ridiculous.

Unlike you, I saw this going into to last offseason, I saw after the acquisitions, and I see it now. You have chosen to change your story as it suited your trolling efforts. Which is totally fine. I support your trolling efforts. It's pretty good stuff. You have to admire the determination of someone that manages to put himself at the center of the board every day. That takes a hell of a lot of effort. This board revolves around you, no question at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts
    I thought the idea with the new stadium was to make more money off the surrounding area so even if they sold the same amount of tickets they would make a good bit more money. Once we start winning I think they could support a payroll over 150 million.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.