Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braves check in at 14 in first power rankings

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i think the problem with puig, tho, is his severe reverse splits. i certainly would take him over neck, tho.
    You wouldn’t think it would be hard getting a 4th outfielder to platoon with Puig. But at this point we have who we have and Neck looks great this spring. Maybe with more rest or crap, some rest, Neck can sustain his production.

I am still befuttled how we haven’t upgraded Duvall yet. There has to be someone out there worth snagging.
    Coppy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-26-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    McCutchen?
    Pollock? Sure you lose a pick for him, but that isn't much. Maybe I should say "sacrificing no part or very little of your future." either way - opportunity was there to not go all-in for this year or risk cutting the window short. as has been said many times, markakis back as the RF is a failure.
    I don't like the McCutchen deal much and never would have done the Pollock one.

I'm more ambivalent than most about Markakis.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Puig is also a CoF option that would have cost us nothing but financial obligations this year. We could have gotten wood/kemp/Puig for nothing more than money and some 40-45 run of the mill prospect.
    It's the Atlanta Braves. Puig? yeah right.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I am still befuttled how we haven’t upgraded Duvall yet. There has to be someone out there worth snagging.
    His name is Brandon Guyer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-26-2019)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,468 Posts
    Well here's the deal. The Braves pitching is a question mark and their 2 best hitters (DOnaldson and Freeman) have injury question marks. If the Braves are healthy they're as good as anyone in the division and should be in the playoffs if not winning the division comfortably, but the Braves have lots of questions about depth.

Also can we please sign Kimbrel now? Just unrelated to any other thought, he's still out there, bring the boy home.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You never get respected when you have so many young players. Braves have more variability than any other team in the division. If things click for a few key players (Fried/Swanson/Albies/Sobotka/Newk) you're looking at a mid 90's team. Not sure there are any others in the division that can get to that plateau but we will see.
    Natural Immunity Croc