Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thank you Obama, won't forget ya...

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    mqt you are right about he tried to do some things but not the things that will help my race, give us a kick start, if you will.

Education
    Addressing black on black violence
    Out of wedlock children

The top three things that bother us. Jobs are down on the list and by statistics the worse but you can't keep or have a decent job without education and then jump to out of wedlock children, if you are straddle with 4 or 5 kids with different dads, how can a woman take care of them without any support.

This is what I am addressing. The violence part is probably the hardest to do and Democrats really don't care unless you bring in 2nd Admendment, which to blacks is laughable because I can buy a gun in 5 minutes if I want to illegally by a simple phone call.

As for 57, he wants me to be a house-broken n****r and that is all he cares about. Me being told what to do, what to say, how to live as long at is under his rule.

I bet he couldn't code a simple calculator in 4 languages like I can, or create a simple chemical compound or better yet my son and daughter can do those things and they are only 6 and 8 years old, you know why, I teach them. I teach them don't believe in the government because they lie and want to tell you what to do and how you do it. Be good and obedient students and the teachers will tell us if you are bad and if you are you will be denied things like for the rest of the day if you act up.

It works.
    Is it fair to ask if Obama was being held to a higher level of scrutiny regarding these issues due to his race? I'd agree with you that he did not do much to deal with those issues, but that puts him in the company of every President we've ever had. I will concede that we've never had a conversation about your thoughts on any other President so I don't have an answer to whether or not you feel any differently about Obama in that regard.

The other question I would have is what the President's role should be in preventing out of wedlock children or reducing violence in inner cities. These seem like more far-reaching issues than one man, even the most powerful one in the world, can realistically tackle. I'm not saying you're wrong about whether or not he did enough, but I think the change needs to come from everyone involved, and I don't think the right has any better answer at this point.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Is it fair to ask if Obama was being held to a higher level of scrutiny regarding these issues due to his race? I'd agree with you that he did not do much to deal with those issues, but that puts him in the company of every President we've ever had. I will concede that we've never had a conversation about your thoughts on any other President so I don't have an answer to whether or not you feel any differently about Obama in that regard.

The other question I would have is what the President's role should be in preventing out of wedlock children or reducing violence in inner cities. These seem like more far-reaching issues than one man, even the most powerful one in the world, can realistically tackle. I'm not saying you're wrong about whether or not he did enough, but I think the change needs to come from everyone involved, and I don't think the right has any better answer at this point.
    Fair enough, good questions.

he is the first black president and probably the last unless it is a Republican, like C. Rice. who would win. But I don't think she would do it. Colin Powell is too old or want to, two people black people respect and those would would buck the trend.
    Those two would try to address our issues because they know Democrats want to control that segment of vote.

Obama failed us/them when he promised to address the issues about education and sending people to mentor females about having children with males that don't want to be around. It is an outreach program that he refused to fund. When the gay marriage vote came to the Black Caucus of Illinois, he promise he would address that for their signing which they still refused and reluctantly they did under another agreement and he reneg on his promise. They still wanted him as president as they did not want shame on the only black president in the United States. Please go to black only sites and their disagreements with Obama, there are too many for me to mention and this was one of them. My pastor growing up is part of the Caucus and he gives me any information on what they deal with on a constant basis. Put it this way he is not an Obama person nor a Trump person, like he, we want our own party that is not beholden to the Democrats and no influence from the Republicans. We just don't have the money to venture out on our own. This is why I never got into politics. I am not of any party and want my or I should say our own race party that could make a difference and not be slaves to the Democrats or a pawn to Republicans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I am only on this site for Braves games and input since the day I met Hank Aaron and others back in 12972. He is a baseball god to me. Plus I use my skills to keep fans happy and interested, politically, I don't like a few people because they want me to be a slave to their ideology. I never claim to be of any political affiliation and I only fight for black rights. I have yet to meet a Republican to deny me that right, but the Left/Democrats have a problem with me.

Just think about that for a moment. Why them? Why chastise me? Republicans would leave us alone and to our own devices and never telling us what to do, what to say, how to feel. Unless I missed a post or article telling us what to do, then I believe that is how they feel. Independence is bliss. I can be what I want to be and I have, with no help at all, two loving parents, 50 years of marriage. My siblings are doing great and we are all Independents unlike our parents. We just don't listen to what they say of voting and what is right in wrong in their eyes as they were brainwashed to voting one way. Do it upset them if we don't Democrat, of course, but until they give us a good enough reason to, we will, until then, we vote the heck the way we want. Give you a hint, not Republican either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Ultimately my problem with your argument is that you appear to be telling AA that in order to be a legitimate black voice that he must hold certain views.

Indiana, PA
    I just find those views on the state of Black America and the reasons for that state nonsense and out of touch.
    Pointing out his race does not make those views reality or give reason to be taken for granted.

Based on "I am Black so ..."
    ?

My cousin graduated with a business degree from Indiana
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    I just find those views on the state of Black America and the reasons for that state nonsense and out of touch.
    Pointing out his race does not make those views reality or give reason to be taken for granted.

Based on "I am Black so ..."
    ?

My cousin graduated with a business degree from Indiana
    Look, I am on your side regarding Obama, but surely you can see the difference between thinking AA is wrong about his political views and claiming he cannot be black because of those views.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I have no earthly idea what color AA is.
    Seems rather sensitive to being challenged on it though

Watching Obama leave office I thought his defining moment was when Joe ... from SC yelled "you lie"
    Obama -- like John Lewis this weekend
    didn't take the bait
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I know the most important thing I look for in a candidate is how PC they speak. I am more than willing to put up with horrible economic, domestic, and foreign policy so long as the President doesn't offend anyone.

I would vote for a KKK grand wizard if they had good policy and adhered to the constitution. I need my basic human rights not to hear a president kiss people's asses.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    You see what I've seen. But you are talking the Twin Cities and I have no doubt teachers with bad markings will be sent to schools with the majority being African Americans or Charter schools. Go ahead and research it. It might be hard, but having a mom that teach and her best friend is the principal, I get the scoop on how she and the board operates with the union pulling strings. It is what it is.

Go ahead and research, you will see I am telling the truth. Here in Wisconsin, Milwaukee and Madison does the same things, their charter schools receive the worse teachers based on merits.

What they should do is send the BEST teachers to those areas so education received is premium but then the elites Dems and Reps will cry about that and the teachers themselves.

We are boned no matter what.

Not many people like I can afford to send kids to private school like I have done and continue to do now. I pay for it yes, but I receive the best education in the state of Wisconsin and my eldest in Germany and she is in a great career field which she would not even bet looked at if she was in public German school unless she did an extra two years. Those with money overseas can receive a better education and better standing, which my ex and I took advantage of.
    (1) Every school in Minneapolis except the ones in the Southwest high school attendance area and the elementary and junior highs in that feed Southwest have a majority of students of color.

(2) The charters hire their own teachers and they are not under the direct control of the Minneapolis school district. Granted, Chicago may be a whole different story and I have no idea what is happening there.

(3) Obama established the My Brother's Keeper program and was immediately called an Uncle Tom by many in the African-American community. He has talked about family structure, but again, was branded an Uncle Tom when he did so.

(4) I think conservatives dictate a lot of what blacks can do by proposing to gut programs aimed to help those in the inner city. The country's urban policy agenda began to be gutted by Reagan and it really hasn't stopped since. Obama held service, but economic development in urban centers is now largely confined to the construction of entertainment facilities and housing high-end white collar work. Retail in downtown areas is dying as witnessed by the closure of the downtown Minneapolis Macy's. And it's not just here. Money has moved to the suburbs and exurbs and the kinds of jobs that young people of all races could get with little training are now located there (as witnessed by the new Amazon distribution center and Shutterfly operation in Shakopee--25 miles SW of the urban core). Again, read Bill Bishop's The Big Sort. It's all outlined there.

(5) I doubt you've ever been manipulated, but I see countless minority families convinced of education options that are not particularly good by conservative education reform advocates.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Runnin (01-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    (1) Every school in Minneapolis except the ones in the Southwest high school attendance area and the elementary and junior highs in that feed Southwest have a majority of students of color.

(2) The charters hire their own teachers and they are not under the direct control of the Minneapolis school district. Granted, Chicago may be a whole different story and I have no idea what is happening there.

(3) Obama established the My Brother's Keeper program and was immediately called an Uncle Tom by many in the African-American community. He has talked about family structure, but again, was branded an Uncle Tom when he did so.

(4) I think conservatives dictate a lot of what blacks can do by proposing to gut programs aimed to help those in the inner city. The country's urban policy agenda began to be gutted by Reagan and it really hasn't stopped since. Obama held service, but economic development in urban centers is now largely confined to the construction of entertainment facilities and housing high-end white collar work. Retail in downtown areas is dying as witnessed by the closure of the downtown Minneapolis Macy's. And it's not just here. Money has moved to the suburbs and exurbs and the kinds of jobs that young people of all races could get with little training are now located there (as witnessed by the new Amazon distribution center and Shutterfly operation in Shakopee--25 miles SW of the urban core). Again, read Bill Bishop's The Big Sort. It's all outlined there.

(5) I doubt you've ever been manipulated, but I see countless minority families convinced of education options that are not particularly good by conservative education reform advocates.
    Thanks.

Why would they call him Uncle Tom for trying to help?

Oh, I do work with the Minneapolis/St Paul school districts directly along with the Wisconsin schools and both state's Correctional Facilities. I know a lot of them by a first name basis. We aren't allow to talk about the political nature of any of those facilities.

I have family in Blaine, St Paul and Andover and then some near St Francis and Jordan. None in Minneapolis.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Thanks.

Why would they call him Uncle Tom for trying to help?

Oh, I do work with the Minneapolis/St Paul school districts directly along with the Wisconsin schools and both state's Correctional Facilities. I know a lot of them by a first name basis. We aren't allow to talk about the political nature of any of those facilities.

I have family in Blaine, St Paul and Andover and then some near St Francis and Jordan. None in Minneapolis.
    You've got me. I was frankly a little shocked, but not being African-American, I'm an outsider in that debate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    You've got me. I was frankly a little shocked, but not being African-American, I'm an outsider in that debate.
    I get called Uncle Tom a lot, or Carlton Banks, or Roland Martin. None of it bothers me to be honest. I just think of it this way, trying to enlighten people like the President tried to do and that this the thanks he and we do receive...none. I and a lot others are still disappointed that he did not put much effort (token I feel) like he did other segments of society and I consider myself and race important. It has been 50+ years and still we are not were we supposed to be compared to our white counterparts and I thought out first black president can somewhat do something to close the gap. This is where we are disappointed.

You are correct about urban centers closing that employed blacks, I am thankful my uncles, none more than a 6th grade education were lucky enough to retire wtih a pension working in a factory for 40 years. You cannot obtain a decent job without education and a lot of black kids aren't getting it or want it to be honest. They rather going down the other two wrong roads, welfare or drug dealing. This is where I think he failed the most and the middle men are not helping either as they are looking at their checkbook or obtaining power. People like me could make a difference but we are shut out because we don't have that street cred or act black enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Let me take the time to thank Obama for making history. He is the first nobel peace prize winner to bomb another nobel peace prize winner.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I don't think I will forget any of the presidents in my lifetime.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    I don't think I will forget any of the presidents in my lifetime.
    Have you tried drinking heavily? ;)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    But unemployment is down!!!!!