Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Olivera traded for Kemp

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    I agree. Average defense to me is getting to routine fly balls. I don't recall many triples hit into left field, that is very hard to do.
    Just me (and the rest of the scoutheads, I'd guess) but I honestly don't care where his WAR, oWAR, or any of his other advanced stats wind up. Again, that's not to knock advanced metrics. I'm mainly interested in the other things you've mentioned - 30+ bombs and 100+ RBIs hitting behind Freddie in the lineup and not being a complete butcher on defense. Keep those triples down (LOL) and get to most of what an average LF should get to, and I'll take it.

Serious question, who's the less valuable player - Kemp with his offensive numbers in LF or Asdrubal Cabrera and his not particularly good defense at SS? Pretty easy choice for me.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (09-30-2016)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Just me (and the rest of the scoutheads, I'd guess) but I honestly don't care where his WAR, oWAR, or any of his other advanced stats wind up. Again, that's not to knock advanced metrics. I'm mainly interested in the other things you've mentioned - 30+ bombs and 100+ RBIs hitting behind Freddie in the lineup and not being a complete butcher on defense. Keep those triples down (LOL) and get to most of what an average LF should get to, and I'll take it.

Serious question, who's the less valuable player - Kemp with his offensive numbers in LF or Asdrubal Cabrera and his not particularly good defense at SS? Pretty easy choice for me.
    It's easy for me too. This is where the position adjustments comes into play. Cabrera has a 800+ OPS too this season.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    It's easy for me too. This is where the position adjustments comes into play. Cabrera has a 800+ OPS too this season.
    Based strictly on the numbers, there's little mystery in who number-guys would pick. The problem is that we already have two SSs who are better defensively, and one (if not both) may well hit at close to the same level (without as many HRs, sure).

Problem is, we're already lacking power on the corners (particularly without Kemp). Give me the LF masher over a SS with pop any day.

My bad for not specifying that it's for the current roster construction. As it stands, I'd much prefer prefer Swanson/Kemp over Cabrera/Mallex.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (09-24-2016)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Based strictly on the numbers, there's little mystery in who number-guys would pick. The problem is that we already have two SSs who are better defensively, and one (if not both) may well hit at close to the same level (without as many HRs, sure).

Problem is, we're already lacking power on the corners (particularly without Kemp). Give me the LF masher over a SS with pop any day.

My bad for not specifying that it's for the current roster construction. As it stands, I'd much prefer prefer Swanson/Kemp over Cabrera/Mallex
    I would take that combo as well.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Kemp with 0.7 fWAR with the Braves. 2 WAR pace for a full season.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (09-30-2016)