Thread: Official Offseason Thread

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    That's old info. Read the GM's latest comments.
    Whats he supposed to say?

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Whats he supposed to say?
    https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1204168981306732545

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    I'd do Riley, Ender, and another piece but i'd be surprised if the package was that light.

Philly has Bohm, Howard, Medina, and a few others but not sure they gut their farm for KB. I could see them go 4 years to JD before doing that.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Considering they already said they weren't going to, I would say you're wrong
    That may or may not be true. GMs aren’t always forthcoming about their plans. He may have simply been pressuring them to commit or their offers might be off the table.

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Well g-d damn. That’s a lot of coin. Btw, can someone explain to me how to post a tweet and have it post so it looks just like it does on Twitter? How do you imbed a tweet?

“Cole is expected to be a “huge” number now. Forget the new 245M pitching record. The better markers: 300M, 326M (double 1st CC deal, 330M free agent player record (Harper), 350M.”

https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status...78680768892928

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    It's so weird that the Braves are in on these big names the last few years...

Donaldson last year, Keuchel, Hamels, Bryant. I'm not used to this.
    The question is "Exactly how 'in' is AA?"

I'm famous as being one of the most famous posters here when it comes to pushing chips in, but if you give up Ender, one of the young arms, and Riley and that arm turns out to be what some folks project him to be and Riley makes adjustments like he has his entire professional career, don't you turn into the guy that keeps Theo from being remembered as "the guy who traded Gleyber Torres for a couple months of Aroldis Chapman"?

Would you really want to be that guy on this message board??? It would haunt you for the rest of your life when His Highness tears into you a year from now.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    https://twitter.com/DOBrienATL/statu...84712534614017

We know the "big bat" has to be at 3B or cOF, but the idea of adding a defensive backup 3B after cutting Culberson to save less than $2M is a bit odd. Does that mean Camargo is potentially out as well?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-09-2019)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    The scariest thing about that tweet is that that *ucking idiot and his supporters think that's where his focus should be today.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    The question is "Exactly how 'in' is AA?"

I'm famous as being one of the most famous posters here when it comes to pushing chips in, but if you give up Ender, one of the young arms, and Riley and that arm turns out to be what some folks project him to be and Riley makes adjustments like he has his entire professional career, don't you turn into the guy that keeps Theo from being remembered as "the guy who traded Gleyber Torres for a couple months of Aroldis Chapman"?

Would you really want to be that guy on this message board??? It would haunt you for the rest of your life when His Highness tears into you a year from now.
    To be clear...

You see trading Gleyber Torres plus 3 other guys for 3 months of Chapman as the same thing as trading Riley plus an arm for 2 years of Bryant?

In your tiny brain, those are equivalently bad trades?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    https://twitter.com/DOBrienATL/statu...84712534614017

We know the "big bat" has to be at 3B or cOF, but the idea of adding a defensive backup 3B after cutting Culberson to save less than $2M is a bit odd. Does that mean Camargo is potentially out as well?
    I saw that too. We could always go back to Culberson. Moose signing early I think threw a wrench in AA’s plans. We could have spread the money out on him and Marte/Haniger and called it an offseason.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    The scariest thing about that tweet is that that *ucking idiot and his supporters think that's where his focus should be today.
    Honeslty, it would be amazing if that tweet were from today. Would love our sitting president to be live tweeting the winter meetings.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-09-2019), jpx7 (12-09-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Honeslty, it would be amazing if that tweet were from today. Would love our sitting president to be live tweeting the winter meetings.
    His Derpness didn't realize that tweet wasn't from today.

Dates are hard for some people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    His Derpness didn't realize that tweet wasn't from today.

Dates are hard for some people.
    He kept it under 1000 words

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    To be clear...

You see trading Gleyber Torres plus 3 other guys for 3 months of Chapman as the same thing as trading Riley plus an arm for 2 years of Bryant?

In your tiny brain, those are equivalently bad trades?
    At the time of the trade, Torres was the #26 prospect in baseball. #26 in 2018 was Kyle Wright according to your precious Fangraphs. #26 in 2019 was Vidal Brujan.

Unbelievable (not really) how quickly you run from your incorrect predictions and how hindsight isn't part of your vocabulary - Torres was #26 at the time of the trade.

Post #395 -

FAs the Braves sign will almost certainly:

1. not have a QO attached (likely including JD) - Will Smith doesn't count
    2. not require more than 1-2 years - Will Smith doesn't count
    3. not be limited by a large AAV in almost any way (within reason) - So if Rendon's really interested in 5/$200, we're in???
    4. not be an expensive BP arm - Will Smith and Chris Martin don't count

Post # 457 -

Cutch just got 3/50 and Brantley just got 2/32. Both are inferior players to JD, and I think JD can bank on a 2-3 year deal at a higher AAV than both of those players got.

That's something like 2/40+ or 3/60...a 3/70 deal probably doesn't happen, but some team might want to stretch that $60M over 4 years to lessen the salary cap hit, and may end up guaranteeing more overall cash to make it happen.

Yet you continually mention how you've seen a 4 year deal for Donaldson coming for a long time. (Actually, you can have partial credit here - you mentioned 4 years, you just missed the money by ~ $40 million.)

Post # 462 -

You both bring up good points. I'm guessing JD gets plenty of offers in the 2/40+ range, and the first team to offer 3 years gets him.

It's hard to see AA giving up a pick in the 30s to sign JD for 2/45 though, so I'd be pretty surprised if he's a Brave in 2020.

I suspect AA will be shopping in the non-QO aisle of the FA market.

"Hard to see AA giving up a pick" to get Donaldson for 2/$40 or 2/$45, eh???

Post #792 -

It would be a mild surprise if a pitcher in his 30s who will probably get a 3 year deal is he first player the Braves ever give up draft pick to sign.

Will Smith still doesn't count

Exactly which signing have you been right about so far anyway???
    Last edited by clvclv; 12-09-2019 at 07:46 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (12-09-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    His Derpness...you are getting desperate, and it's verging on pathetic. Why does Wright's prospect ranking in 2018 have anything to do with trade scenarios now? So clueless...

Everyone was surprised by the Smith signing, including me. We (including me) have gone over how wrong we were about AA signing an impact BP arm. It was literally shocking, and hopefully didn't scuttle the chances to add an impact bat. We will see how smart it was to give him 3 years.

You literally quoted me as saying JD could get a 4 year deal. It is literally in the text you quoted...literally. As in...literally in the text. Exactly. Those exact words. And you quoted it. I have stated it's possible almost from day 1...just not likely from the Braves. Literally..."some team might want to stretch that $60M over 4 years to lessen the salary cap hit, and may end up guaranteeing more overall cash".

We were talking about JD in the context of AA getting him on a 2 year deal, and I stated he will get plenty of offers better than that. That's literally what "JD gets plenty of offers in the 2/40+ range" means. Literally.

Please, just give up. You are a clown, and are reminded of that fact numerous times per day by multiple posters on this board. You are literally the laughing stock of this entire message board.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 12-09-2019 at 07:59 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Carp (12-09-2019), The Chosen One (12-09-2019)

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    clv and Scheff arguing again, like a divorced couple still talking.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    clv and Scheff arguing again, like a divorced couple still talking.
    His Derpness is desperate for a "gotcha", and his limited reading comprehension skills make him think he finds them where they don't exist.

He is the message board laughingstock.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    However i agree with Scheff on clv, dude writes ****ing 5 page responses when a simple one sentence could do. Like anyone is reading all that **** he types.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

Skeeter31 (12-09-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Exactly which signing have you been right about so far anyway???
    Since you asked...

Hamels is open to a 1 year deal with a contender.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...-phillies.html

To me, that makes him the favorite to fill the 4 spot in the Braves rotation.
    Keep on derping, clown.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    However i agree with Scheff on clv, dude writes ****ing 5 page responses when a simple one sentence could do. Like anyone is reading all that **** he types.
    Not to mention that most of it doesn’t make sense. Like now his complete ignorance that the Gleybar/Chapman trade is nothing like a potential trade for Bryant. Trying to argue that because Torres and Wright had the same prospect # rating it somehow makes the trades similar. And then his worry that if we trade away a prospect and they pan out that it would turn the Braves into a laughingstock. Prospects have to get traded in order to bring in talent. We can’t hold onto every single prospect we have and hope to acquire someone like Bryant with only MLB pieces.