Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades/acquisitions

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Guessing we were offering guys like Davidson, Grissom, Elder, Dean, etc.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    WHAT? Jomboy: I was told the Yankees were on the outside looking in with the Jays and Braves ahead of them until about an hour ago when the Yankees re-upped their offer 'big time'
    Rangers did really well - if they can get that type of return for Gibson and get a good prospect for Kennedy they will have had a *ell of a deadline, and can spend A TON of money this winter.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    We could have easily gotten him. Really hope AA wasn’t holding onto something underwhelming.
    Thankfully, we didn't.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I’m ready to wave the white flag. Let’s see some lists of Dodgers, Padres, Giants prospects that we could expect for Morton.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-29-2021)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts
    6.3% chance to win the division and a 7.3% to make the playoffs overall.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    So NOT the year to buy. Sell and bring up some of the young guys. We would not even be any worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    There may be nothing really to sell. Morton snd FF may not allow it

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    I am tired of AA! Last year we had a good team with a big chance and he waste that opportunity. I will like to make a trade but for a player to help us next year too.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    AA is a conservative GM now. I didn't expect the Toronto guy..but Damn. Bring back Coppy. At least he gave incentives out..Lmao. Scared money don't make money...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    So NOT the year to buy. Sell and bring up some of the young guys. We would not even be any worse.
    I'm ok with buying pieces that could help in 2022, as long as the cost is reasonable. Haniger or Merifield wouldn't be bad additions for the right price.

But I'd rather sell the rental pieces that we have.
    Last edited by Carp; 07-29-2021 at 07:25 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Also, don't buy the idea that AA sits on his hands. He attempted to trade for Clevinger last deadline and got outbid. We were in on Realmuto a couple years ago but the Marlins reportedly were demanding Ozzie in return. We reportedly were in on Gallo yesterday. The Yankees paid a hefty price for his services.

I'd rather AA not overpay for players, particularly players who are controlled for 2 years or less. And it seems missing out on Clevinger was a blessing in disguise.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-29-2021), Jaw (07-29-2021), UNCBlue012 (07-29-2021)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    I sure would like to make a run at Buxton.
    Yes he’s mr glass but when healthy has shown to be a top 20 player the last few seasons.
    I believe he would be a gamble worth taking for next season.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworm View Post
    I sure would like to make a run at Buxton.
    Yes he’s mr glass but when healthy has shown to be a top 20 player the last few seasons.
    I believe he would be a gamble worth taking for next season.
    I almost posted something about him last night. I’m totally on board for that. He’s from Georgia too, so hopefully he’d be open to an extension as well.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    We have a very very good CF on board if AA can only fix the corner OFers with viable options. And Im not referring to Waters or Pache.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    For the life of me I can't understand the interest in Buxton. Yes, he's a very good player when he's on the field - the problem is that's next to never. Since being promoted in 2015, he's played 140 games ONCE. He averages 231 PAs per season and just turned down $10,000,000 per year - that's $6,195 per PA. Again, he's good, but *amn he'd have to produce a TON to come remotely close to earning that money, and there's no reason to expect him to suddenly stay healthier as his body gets older and more brittle. He supposedly wanted $80 million from the Twins to sign through his age 35 season and people actually worry about signing Freeman through age 36 when he has averaged more games played per year than the most Buxton has ever played??? Wow. We're talking about a guy that's played more than 92 games ONCE.

I remember the *itching about the fact that Chipper (a Hall Of Famer BTW) wasn't "earning" his money at the end, and all the whining about how bad Ender's extension turned out to be when he went south. I'll happily pass on Buxton TYVM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    I hope we sell…we need to sell. I swear though, if we don’t sell and/or make crap moves that do not move the needle imma lose it. Yet…I know in my heart this will happen. Just commit to something AA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    For the life of me I can't understand the interest in Buxton. Yes, he's a very good player when he's on the field - the problem is that's next to never. Since being promoted in 2015, he's played 140 games ONCE. He averages 231 PAs per season and just turned down $10,000,000 per year - that's $6,195 per PA. Again, he's good, but *amn he'd have to produce a TON to come remotely close to earning that money, and there's no reason to expect him to suddenly stay healthier as his body gets older and more brittle. He supposedly wanted $80 million from the Twins to sign through his age 35 season and people actually worry about signing Freeman through age 36 when he has averaged more games played per year than the most Buxton has ever played??? Wow. We're talking about a guy that's played more than 92 games ONCE.

I remember the *itching about the fact that Chipper (a Hall Of Famer BTW) wasn't "earning" his money at the end, and all the whining about how bad Ender's extension turned out to be when he went south. I'll happily pass on Buxton TYVM.
    I don't keep up with the guy at all. What are the injuries? Fluke deals or recurring issues?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts

Can't forget the Dan Uggla debacle.
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts

Hyperbole much?

Just take it down a few notches.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Mark Feinsand
    @Feinsand
    ·
    37m
    The bullpen market is going to get crazy over the next 31 hours. Brewers, Giants, Braves, Mets, Blue Jays, Rays and White Sox among the teams still looking for relief help. Kimbrel, Rodriguez, Kennedy, Tepera, Hudson, Hand, Soria, Robles, Shaw, Fry, Cisnero among those available.
    Get off my lawn!