Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Reasons leftists should vote Trump:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

Five Reasons leftists should vote Trump:

1) He's a social liberal. He's not religious. He's against the North Carolina bathroom law. He doesn't care about abortion. He's pro gay marriage, etc.
    2) He's mostly to the left economically. He's more for fair trade than free trade. He believes in the progressive tax and wants to close tax shelters for the rich. He also believes in raising the minimum wage and increased welfare.
    3) He's mostly an isolationist when it comes to foreign policy. He said he'll bomb the hell out of ISIS, but other than that he pretty much has indicated that he doesn't want to get involved in foreign affairs around the world.
    4) He doesn't care about the constitution. He's never read it and he'll never read it.
    5) He has a significantly better chance to ram through his liberal agenda than Hillary does. The Ted Cruz, Ben Sasse wing of the party is completely marginalized. Trump owns moderate establishment republicans. So if Trump wins there's a much better chance that justice reform, min wage increase, equal payment laws, gun law reform, welfare benefit reform, etc. will actually get through the house and senate.
    thank you weso1!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    1) He's a social liberal. He's not religious. He's against the North Carolina bathroom law. He doesn't care about abortion. He's pro gay marriage, etc.
    2) He's mostly to the left economically. He's more for fair trade than free trade. He believes in the progressive tax and wants to close tax shelters for the rich. He also believes in raising the minimum wage and increased welfare.
    3) He's mostly an isolationist when it comes to foreign policy. He said he'll bomb the hell out of ISIS, but other than that he pretty much has indicated that he doesn't want to get involved in foreign affairs around the world.
    4) He doesn't care about the constitution. He's never read it and he'll never read it.
    5) He has a significantly better chance to ram through his liberal agenda than Hillary does. The Ted Cruz, Ben Sasse wing of the party is completely marginalized. Trump owns moderate establishment republicans. So if Trump wins there's a much better chance that justice reform, min wage increase, equal payment laws, gun law reform, welfare benefit reform, etc. will actually get through the house and senate.
    I think there is a plausible angle to your first four points because Trump is largely a blank slate, but when comes to governing he could become what Jesse Ventura was up here in Minnesota. Unless mainline Republicans have allegiance to him (and given what Trump has said about a lot of things, that may be doubtful), he doesn't have a chance of getting much done because the Dems will work to block much of what he's trying to do. I see him as becoming a President without a posse, similar to Carter.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I think there is a plausible angle to your first four points because Trump is largely a blank slate, but when comes to governing he could become what Jesse Ventura was up here in Minnesota. Unless mainline Republicans have allegiance to him (and given what Trump has said about a lot of things, that may be doubtful), he doesn't have a chance of getting much done because the Dems will work to block much of what he's trying to do. I see him as becoming a President without a posse, similar to Carter.
    I agree with you (and weso too really) for the most part, but I will say this for Trump that I can't say for Obama, if Mitch and the obstructionist aholes who have just said no to literally everything for the last 7+ years try that crap with Trump, he won't just go away and do executive orders, he'll take roll and call their sorry arsed names out of national TV every single day and let everyone know daily what kind of aholes they really are. You know how much cockroaches hate having the lights on them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    He is a racist pig who will appoint SC Juctices that will turn back the hands of time. Voting for Trump will send us back into the Jim Crow era or worst!!!!

Hell No!!!!!! Will NEVER forget about the Central Park Boys!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to njc108 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (08-14-2018)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Which SC judges will he nominate to turn back the hands of time?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Unsubscribe.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metaphysicist For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-27-2016), Julio3000 (07-27-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njc108 View Post
    He is a racist pig who will appoint SC Juctices that will turn back the hands of time. Voting for Trump will send us back into the Jim Crow era or worst!!!!

Hell No!!!!!! Will NEVER forget about the Central Park Boys!!!!
    He's definitely a pig. I will be shocked though if he appoints a conservative judge. I think most likely scenario is Justice Kennedy type.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    He won't get everything through, but he'll get a lot done I think. I think establishment pubs are already backing him. He'll give Ryan a good chunk of what he wants, but he's also going to give the dems a lot of stuff they want. I think with Hillary you're going to get a lot of what Obama had to deal with. Trump won't have that as much because a lot of his polices are pretty liberal.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I agree with you (and weso too really) for the most part, but I will say this for Trump that I can't say for Obama, if Mitch and the obstructionist aholes who have just said no to literally everything for the last 7+ years try that crap with Trump, he won't just go away and do executive orders, he'll take roll and call their sorry arsed names out of national TV every single day and let everyone know daily what kind of aholes they really are. You know how much cockroaches hate having the lights on them.
    That's my point. I think McConnell will be more willing to push a leftist idea through if the (R) name is attached to it. For example, today Trump essentially came out in favor of student loan debt forgiveness. You attach that and fed min wage bump to a weak dereg bill for example and that's a big win for the leftists.
    thank you weso1!

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Sounds like weso is on the Trump train

What this election has told me that Republicans are no better than the 57s of the world if they're willing to vote for Trump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    How did you get that out of it? The whole point of this post is that Trump actually isn't all that bad for leftists. Not liberals, but even further left folks.
    thank you weso1!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    He won't get everything through, but he'll get a lot done I think. I think establishment pubs are already backing him. He'll give Ryan a good chunk of what he wants, but he's also going to give the dems a lot of stuff they want. I think with Hillary you're going to get a lot of what Obama had to deal with. Trump won't have that as much because a lot of his polices are pretty liberal.
    I don't see how he can do that without bankrupting the country. I think establishment Republicans will play pick-and-choose with his platform and if Trump turns left at all, he will lose support on the Republican side of the aisle. Congress has adopted the attitude of "this too shall pass" and I don't see that changing. If Republicans maintain control of the Senate (likely if Trump is elected and 50/50 chance if he doesn't), my guess is Congress will send Trump bills with the entire Republican wish list on it and dare him to veto any or all of it.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts

What this election has told me that Republicans are no better than the 57s of the world if they're willing to vote for Trump

What alternative is there at this point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    What alternative is there at this point?
    sigh

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-27-2016)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    omg

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    In fairness there are many others reasons why leftists (or anyone really) should not vote for Trump, but I think weso's points are valid.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

weso1 (07-27-2016)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    sigh

Let's vote for a pathological liar who also is a women. Yeah that sounds like a wonderful idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Let's vote for a pathological liar who also is a women. Yeah that sounds like a wonderful idea.
    You don't have to vote for her either

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    You don't have to vote for her either
    I won't. There isn't a point to not voting Republican or Denocrat though and in most states your vote is meaningless anyway.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    1 out of 5 ain't bad.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Metaphysicist For This Useful Post:

Runnin (08-14-2018)