Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    there are people living in Iowa more scared of terrorism than NYers etc that actually have to deal with it

same same but different
    Its almost as if you guya have never heard about ms13. Thats in my backyard so yes illegal immigration directly impacts me.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Its almost as if you guya have never heard about ms13. Thats in my backyard so yes illegal immigration directly impacts me.
    lol

i wonder what it's like to live with a boogieman. it must suck to live your life as if you are encountering ms13 daily etc
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Guys, nothing to worry about at the border.
    glad you are figuring that out
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    lol

i wonder what it's like to live with a boogieman. it must suck to live your life as if you are encountering ms13 daily etc
    You really have no clue whats happening on Long Island. I feel bad that you are so oblivious.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    yeah, it's escape from NYC out there. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    This is just standard for the left.

When they can't win on the facts they just scream racist.

There is not one example throughout history where a wall didn't work. All these Democrats railing against the wall put up walls around their homes.

The only reason they are against it is because they are afraid its going to work. They won't get as much representation in census results and they won't get as many illegal votes. If illegals supported Republicans we would have a 100ft wall already.
    walls have a track record worse than Wile E Coyote in terms of keeping drugs out. Also wouldnt have prevented all the major terrorist attacks in our history. Not one got here crossing the border illegally on the Mexico border.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-11-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    walls have a track record worse than Wile E Coyote in terms of keeping drugs out. Also wouldnt have prevented all the major terrorist attacks in our history. Not one got here crossing the border illegally on the Mexico border.
    Whats your basis for the first point?

Nobody ever claimed a wall would have stopped 9/11 so not sure why thats relevant.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    The basis for the first part is that we cant keep drugs out of prisons. And the idea behind the wall is to stop drugs, terrorists, and illegal immigrants. The idea that it will stop drugs is laughable at best. Theres never been a terrorist attack by anyone who illegally crossed the Mexico border as far as I remember. You can cite as many articles about crimes committed by illegal aliens all you want but it not evidence of anything. Take a large enough group of people and there are going to be bad ones. Its no more proof than any one article I post about the police. Beyond that, much of the violent illegal aliens are a result of our own policies towards Central and South America bullying them into fighting our war on drugs.

It’s over."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Cajun makes a good point here, which is that immigration and asylum applications are increasingly coming from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala, where US policy has promoted social breakdown that has led to unsafe conditions in those countries. Also salient is the point that as horrific as the cartel violence in Mexico has been for the past several years, it ultimately exists because Americans really, really like drugs.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (01-11-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    No its because Americans have the money. There is a demand for drugs everywhere.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Cajun makes a good point here, which is that immigration and asylum applications are increasingly coming from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala, where US policy has promoted social breakdown that has led to unsafe conditions in those countries. Also salient is the point that as horrific as the cartel violence in Mexico has been for the past several years, it ultimately exists because Americans really, really like drugs.
    Ah - the old its Americas fault so we should accept illegals killing Americans.

Yeah, that won't fly when you ask everyday people and if you took this stance in a general poll you would get increasingly negative views towards this.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    The basis for the first part is that we cant keep drugs out of prisons. And the idea behind the wall is to stop drugs, terrorists, and illegal immigrants. The idea that it will stop drugs is laughable at best. Theres never been a terrorist attack by anyone who illegally crossed the Mexico border as far as I remember. You can cite as many articles about crimes committed by illegal aliens all you want but it not evidence of anything. Take a large enough group of people and there are going to be bad ones. Its no more proof than any one article I post about the police. Beyond that, much of the violent illegal aliens are a result of our own policies towards Central and South America bullying them into fighting our war on drugs.
    Who is saying anything about stopping it completely?

I'm not sure what else to say if you don't think that a wall will slow the drug traffic. They are getting through the border whether it be through open areas or POE. A wall funnels to more heavily scrutinized areas and that will result in more apprehension.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    why not fund the government then discuss "border security" to a legislative conclusion

Why doesn't (R) propose legislation to build and fund the wall as prescribed in the constitution

?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    why not fund the government then discuss "border security" to a legislative conclusion

Why doesn't (R) propose legislation to build and fund the wall as prescribed in the constitution

?
    'Border Security' or whatever that means to Democrats have been discussed for a long time. Everyone knows where everyone stands. Your stance is that the Republicans are holding up everyday wages to get a wall. Our stance is that you don't want to agree to protect Americans in exchange for everyday wages.

Its up to the American people to decide what the truth is.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    " Your stance" vs "our stance"

interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Who is saying anything about stopping it completely?

I'm not sure what else to say if you don't think that a wall will slow the drug traffic. They are getting through the border whether it be through open areas or POE. A wall funnels to more heavily scrutinized areas and that will result in more apprehension.
    it wont even slow it down. Majority already come through POE. Chapo used tunnels. Pablo used planes. The power of greed will not be slowed one bit by a wall. If anything I bet it goes up.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Mexico Beach, Florida

Last edited by 57Brave; 01-11-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Paradise, California - 85 lives lost

https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/nort...in_4x3_992.jpg
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-11-2019 at 07:04 PM.