Page 991 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 491891941981989990991992993100110411091 ... LastLast
Results 19,801 to 19,820 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    The event was organized and sponsored by white nationalist and white supremacist groups. The list of speakers was a who’s-who of white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and anti-Semites. Those “good people” made a choice to stand shoulder to shoulder with them, didn’t they?
    yeah, the "good people" at this are like the ones who didn't beat a black person sitting at a lunch counter but attended the crime or didn't string a black person up but watch the lynching

why you running with people like that if you are supposedly good

this is a weird hill to die on but hey, we live in trump times so logic went out the door a long time ago
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Make an argument for me why in the 1920s a bunch of confederate monuments went up.

I'll leave an easy to digest article that doesn't divulge too many facts for you, since facts seem to cause an illogical reaction in you

https://www.history.com/news/how-the...rate-monuments

But in short the monuments weren't to honor the dead, they were to give a cult of personality to leaders of the Confederacy who were supposed to identify and pass on the "right" thing to do in Jim Crow era America. So again, these weren't monuments to lost soldiers, these monuments were built to glorify traitors to America in an era where people still believed black people were second class human beings. I mean ****, you can argue that it's not racism, but it's like arguing that Southern Succession wasn't over slavery.
    All of this still does not speak to the character of each person who attended the march. That is the point. You either believe that every persqon their is a racist scumbag or not.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    All of this still does not speak to the character of each person who attended the march. That is the point. You either believe that every persqon their is a racist scumbag or not.
    Nope. That's not at all what the argument was about. It was about the president saying there were "some" bad people on the side of the white nationalists, KKK, Neo-Nazis, and Neo-Confederates but "some very fine people" there. Who was "very fine" group of people there. I don't think people there are all very bad. But there was a TON of very bad people at that rally.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    thethe logic "Not all Nazis were bad. There were some people who were good Nazis. You can't speak to the character of each person who was a Nazi"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Nope. That's not at all what the argument was about. It was about the president saying there were "some" bad people on the side of the white nationalists, KKK, Neo-Nazis, and Neo-Confederates but "some very fine people" there. Who was "very fine" group of people there. I don't think people there are all very bad. But there was a TON of very bad people at that rally.
    I agree there were a lot of really bad people.

This whole back and forth started when you said Trump stated there were some good neo nazis. Thats not what he said at all. There were good people on that side that wont drop their beliefs just because there is a cross sectionality with bad people.

So unless you think that all those that attended the march as 'pro statue' people were bad people then basically what Trump said was true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    thethe logic "Not all Nazis were bad. There were some people who were good Nazis. You can't speak to the character of each person who was a Nazi"
    Again, take the position that every person on that side at Charolettesville are terrible people and lets move on. That would basically be our only point of disagreement then in the whole discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I agree there were a lot of really bad people.

This whole back and forth started when you said Trump stated there were some good neo nazis. Thats not what he said at all. There were good people on that side that wont drop their beliefs just because there is a cross sectionality with bad people.

So unless you think that all those that attended the march as 'pro statue' people were bad people then basically what Trump said was true.
    That's a real PC bull**** way of trying to get around what Trump said. Want to know how he should have handled it? By condemning the rally, not the counter-protesters, but condemning white nationalists, the KKK, and Neo-Nazis. But he won't do it. Why? I don't know. I think it's probably his own vainness. After All these people publicly adore him. So it can be hard for someone with an overinflated sense of self worth to stand up against scumbags because they love him.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Well, it’s the framing of “both sides” that is problematic. It depends on how you define the “sides.” What were the “sides” in C’ville? If you want to define it as a demonstration about monuments, are there good people on both sides of the monument debate? Sure. If that’s what he meant, that’s what he should have said. And you seem intent on defining the “sides” that way. But that’s not what I saw in C’Ville.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    The event was organized and sponsored by white nationalist and white supremacist groups. The list of speakers was a who’s-who of white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and anti-Semites. Those “good people” made a choice to stand shoulder to shoulder with them, didn’t they?
    Does the same standard apply to the organizers of the women's March?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    (Yang’s) Facebook is covered in photos of herself standing with President Trump, his two sons, Eric and Donald Jr., Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Sen. Rick Scott, Sarah Palin, the president’s campaign manager and an assortment of other high-level Republican operators she has met at charity events, political fundraisers and galas, many of which require hefty donations to attend. She sometimes carries a rhinestone encrusted MAGA clutch purse.

wondering if the AG Conservative let his readers in on this ?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...family-and-GOP
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

You rub my back,
    and I'll rub your back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    seems like yesterday there was pearl cluthing on account Clinton Foundation accepted Saudi money with hope of getting a meeting.
    The meeting never materialized I am told , but there was "the appearance of possible" dada dada dada

Some guy you voted for.you know who you are

or some of you voted for a 3rd or 4th party candidate --- which is / was even worse
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-10-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    It is easy to lose sight of the forest for the trees. As far as Trump and the Trump Administration go these things need to be kept in mind:

1) Trump was a criminal before being elected and has continued to break laws since taking office. As an aside, quite a few of the people around him are also criminals.

2) Trump is a congenital liar.

3) Trump suffers from serious psychological problems. I'm not a psychologist but I think this is self evident.

4) Trump is an incompetent idiot. Sometimes this incompetence works to temper his malevolence. Other times it works to compound it.

ymmv
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-09-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Judith Miller
    ‏Verified account @JMfreespeech

Failure to condemn anti-Semite Rep. Omar by House Democrats is a profile in cowardice

Esha
    ��
    ��
    ��
    ‏ @eshaLegal
    8h8 hours ago

Esha
    ����

�� Retweeted Judith Miller

I admired your bravery when you blew the whistle on Dick Cheney

instead of writing propaganda that led to the Iraq war.

Oh wait... you didn't do that! You dutifully copied Dick Cheney's

war propaganda and led us into a forever war!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    It is easy to lose sight of the forest for the trees. As far as Trump and the Trump Administration go these things need to be kept in mind:

1) Trump was a criminal before being elected and has continued to break laws since taking office. As an aside, quite a few of the people around him are also criminals.

2) Trump is a congenital liar.

3) Trump suffers from serious psychological problems. I'm not a psychologist but I think this is self evident.

4) Trump is an incompetent idiot. Sometimes this incompetence works to temper his malevolence. Other times it works to compound it.

ymmv
    Every time he speaks it's like listening to the rantings of a spoiled 12 year old child, but only a more spoiled, more petty and more entitled brat than you have ever heard of. He's like a caricature of a rich, spoiled brat. Going on and on about Ann Coulter? Really? It must be so tiring and frustrating for those people who are still sticking to him.

Trump has lowered the Presidential bar to the ground.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

But he's got a lot to say about Ann Coulter.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Does the same standard apply to the organizers of the women's March?
    Yes, let’s by all means compare the organizers of these events. You’re drawing the moral equivalency here, so I’ll let you start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Massage Mama selling access to WH. It's literally a new scandal everyday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    From Dr. Lance Dodes, Harvard psychiatrist

"Mr. Trump is a sociopath, in that he meets every diagnostic criterion for the official diagnostic term “Antisocial Personality Disorder.” The fact that this is a personality disorder, rather than simply a single symptom such as anxiety or depression, means that all his actions are signs of this severe, continuous, mental disturbance.

To understand his actions, it is essential to keep in mind that sociopaths have only one goal: to enhance themselves, and that in pursuing their self-interest, they lack both normal human empathy for others and a normal human conscience. Cheating, conning, lying, stealing, threatening are all done with no remorse.

When stressed with facts that would require them to admit failure, or even that others know more or are more capable than them, sociopaths lose track of reality, becoming delusional with insistence on the truth of what they psychologically need to maintain their superior view of themselves. Indeed, nobody matters except to the degree they can serve the sociopath’s personal needs.

That’s why loyalty is demanded, but as soon as an associate disagrees, the sociopath turns on them with a fury; there was never a real relationship to begin with.

Mr. Trump’s denial of the facts about Mr. Warmbier is consistent with his sociopathy. He ignores reality, is unremorseful about lying and does not hesitate to sacrifice the feelings of others such as Mr. Warmbier’s family. We don’t know exactly why he lied in this case, but one possibility is that Mr. Trump has heavily promoted his relationship with Kim as evidence of his superior ability to manage world tensions and thinks that confronting Kim would interfere with that, hence personally diminishing Mr. Trump. In any case, Mr. Trump’s absence of feelings for Mr. Warmbier or his family is the same as his absence of feelings for the disabled reporter he mocked, for religious and racial minorities, for children separated from their parents at the border and on and on."