Page 227 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1271772172252262272282292372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Bakari Sellers‏Verified account @Bakari_Sellers 4h4 hours ago

The President of the United States is under Federal investigation.

When you accept that they are all criminals before and after entering office this statement means little. They should have all been under federal investigation.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    You're comparing apples and oranges. Students protesting against a speaker is not even similar to someone in government attempting to squash someone from saying something. 1st amendment does not supercede other people's 1st amendment rights.

There is protesting and then there are death threats and violence. It's not the protesting stopping them from speaking it's the credible threats of violence. Which to me is bull****, send in the goon squad to crack some heads instead of telling the police to stand down. Don't cancel events because criminals threaten criminal action. Go arrest them in the act.

It’s over."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    If enough people are offended by it, then why not?
    I'd say this is dangerous and short sighted thinking

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'd say this is dangerous and short sighted thinking
    Maybe if we weren't talking about a decoration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid. Huckabee copied me.

11:38 AM - 7 May 2015
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Josh Dawsey‏Verified account @jdawsey1

They are rolling cases of beer into Capitol and coming to the White House afterwards for a celebration. Kind of remarkable. So far to go.

Alan Mundy‏ @idontwan2know 7m7 minutes ago

Alan Mundy Retweeted Josh Dawsey

I'm sure this will not appear in any campaign ads. "They got together for a beer after cutting your healthcare."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, one of Trump’s least appealing of many unappealing traits is his incuriosity, his total lack of interest in history or pretty much anything that somehow doesn’t pump up his ego or profits. It’s deeply dangerous for all of us."

http://billmoyers.com/story/dont-kno...kEf-mQ.twitter

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Shocking that a bunch of precious snowflakes would write the FCC and complain about something they didn't even watch.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ump-putin-joke

When will the precious snowflakes grow up?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Josh Dawsey‏Verified account @jdawsey1

They are rolling cases of beer into Capitol and coming to the White House afterwards for a celebration. Kind of remarkable. So far to go.

Alan Mundy‏ @idontwan2know 7m7 minutes ago

Alan Mundy Retweeted Josh Dawsey

I'm sure this will not appear in any campaign ads. "They got together for a beer after cutting your healthcare."
    So they are going to celebrate by doing drugs? How hypocritical of them.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Shocking that a bunch of precious snowflakes would write the FCC and complain about something they didn't even watch.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ump-putin-joke

When will the precious snowflakes grow up?

I dont know what Colbert said but I hate the FCC with a passion. Most useless stick up their ass bunch of ****tards this side of police.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The FCC is / was put in place to insure radio bands were meted out so's two competing stations wouldn't use the same band width.
    Like so many regulatory agencies the original intent has been compounded by abuse and bias
    Which is why it is so important to carefully weigh who will be overseeing the executive branch and appointing regulators.

She had emails and gave a speech though.

In other words cajun -- your complaints ring hollow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

"... locally grown organic cucumber... "
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-06-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

"... locally grown organic cucumber... "
    Steak Sauce, did you watch the whole show? John Kasich was on right after his monologue and they had a really good discussion on the subject. I was wondering if you saw that part as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    No HBO. Will look this evening on Hulu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    The FCC is / was put in place to insure radio bands were meted out so's two competing stations wouldn't use the same band width.
    Like so many regulatory agencies the original intent has been compounded by abuse and bias
    Which is why it is so important to carefully weigh who will be overseeing the executive branch and appointing regulators.

She had emails and gave a speech though.

In other words cajun -- your complaints ring hollow

You clearly weren't reading my complaints of you think her emails and wall street bribes were what I was complaining about. My main complaint was her role in the 94 crime bill that out 100k new police officers on the street, introduced mandatory minimum sentences and paid States to adopt the policy, added 16 billion funding for new prisons while cutting 14 billion in public housing, and added tons of new funding to militarize the police. That is to this **** a black baby born today has a 1 on 3 chance of going to prison. Latino 1 in 6. She says we needed to elect her to fix the problems she created. **** that. She also was against Marijuana legalization "in every sense of the word" despite 60% of the population wanting it legalized. No doubt she has taken millions in bribes got to take that stance because she is all about them focus groups and polls. There is her role in destabilizing the middle East like Lebanon and Syria.

And don't forget I didn't vote for Trump. I voted for the candidate who got the most votes that was not under FBI investigation. Hillary should be in prison for mishandling classified information anyways. It wasn't an innocent mistake she deliberately was trying to hide her emails from freedom of information act requests. Any other state department employee would be in prison for what she did. Trump should probably be in prison too. I think most of the lawmakers are criminals. That's why I votes for the most honest and competent person running.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Steak Sauce, did you watch the whole show? John Kasich was on right after his monologue and they had a really good discussion on the subject. I was wondering if you saw that part as well
    I thought John Kasich was very impressive. It's so sad that the electorate doesn't know the difference between a guy like that and who they elected.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

57Brave (05-07-2017), BedellBrave (05-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Kasich explained the why.
    People and media outlets are after quips & the 10 second quick bite .

People from last election knew more about Trumps hand size than they did about Sanders free college proposal.
    Agree with Sanders or not, that is a pretty pathetic state.
    Where candidates are punished or worse banished to the end of the debate line for having ideas as opposed to being a walking headline

Been reading today how French media downplayed the hacked emails.

Thanks OK for pointing that interview out.
    Anyone else think Kasich is laying groundwork for if not a Presidential run a , spot at (R) most elder statesman, kingmaker ?

They could do and have done worse
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-07-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    [QUOTE =cajunrevenge;385886]

And don't forget I didn't vote for Trump. I voted for the candidate who got the most votes that was not under FBI investigation. Hillary should be in prison for mishandling classified information anyways. It wasn't an innocent mistake she deliberately was trying to hide her emails from freedom of information act requests. Any other state department employee would be in prison for what she did. Trump should probably be in prison too. I think most of the lawmakers are criminals. That's why I votes for the most honest and competent person running.[/QUOTE]

You and 5 other people still equate a third party vote as something other than a vote for Trump.
    Personally I think it adorable . So how did you say? --------, honest and competent.

Tell me cajun, any word from the honest and competent candidate that gives you and your disdain for law enforcement Jeff Sessions ?
    Or a President that should he get his way will implement stop and frisk.
    He advocated for that during nationally televised debates, remember ?
    Stop and frisk would make your examples of law enforcement overreach look quaint.

HRC has been under FBI investigation for the better part of 30 years. You can look it up

and has yet had a charge laid against her.
    So please, stop it
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-07-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    It's funny, Trump voters say I voted for Hillary by voting Gary Johnson and Hillary voters say I voted for Trump by voting for Gary Johnson. All I know is I didn't have to hold my nose when I voted and I never will again.

I have said before I was hoping Trump would go full authoritarian so there would be large scale riots and resistance against the police and government. If Hillary was President we would have the left and media trying to pretend everything is okay.

As for Hillary under investigation let me ask you this. If you or I mishandled classified information exactly as she did would we be in prison right now? You bet your ass we would.

My view on voting Hillary is the same as her stance on legalization. "Against it in every sense of the word". How can you expect me to vote for someone that wants me in prison? Unfortunately both major party candidates want me in prison. Atleast with Trump there is a better chance for a pro legalization candidate in 2020.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Eh, that's kind of a ****ty whitewashing thing to do. While there certainly were people in the north making money off slavery, African slave trade was banned in 1807 and imports of slaves were much less common and breeding was the much more common method of acquiring new slaves. So in the life of the USA as we know it, about 20 years or so there was potential for what you were saying being a legit thriving industry, and then about 55 after that weren't. So it's not really that viable of a comp and it's a classic deflection tactic. "Hey Johnny punched Judy so it's OK that I murdered Marlene."

Arguing with you Zeets is usually a worthless endeavor. You'll note though that deflection would imply that I'm defending the South or trying to say, "well everybody did it so no big deal." I'm not of course. To say otherwise is just to make a strawman argument. I am, though, saying lots of hands are bloody, including monied interests in NE. The wealth that built the industrialization throughout NE came in great part from the large role NEnglanders played in shipping slaves from Africa to the South and the Caribbean.

"...Even after slavery was outlawed in the North, ships out of New England continued to carry thousands of Africans to the American South. Some 156,000 slaves were brought to the United States in the period 1801-08, almost all of them on ships that sailed from New England ports that had recently outlawed slavery. Rhode Island slavers alone imported an average of 6,400 Africans annually into the U.S. in the years 1805 and 1806. The financial base of New England's antebellum manufacturing boom was money it had made in shipping. And that shipping money was largely acquired directly or indirectly from slavery, whether by importing Africans to the Americas, transporting slave-grown cotton to England, or hauling Pennsylvania wheat and Rhode Island rum to the slave-labor colonies of the Caribbean.

Northerners profited from slavery in many ways, right up to the eve of the Civil War...."

Link

"...As the nation prepares to mark the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War in 2011, with commemorations that reinforce the North/South divide, researchers are offering uncomfortable answers to that question, unearthing more and more of the hidden stories of New England slavery — its brutality, its staying power, and its silent presence in the very places that have become synonymous with freedom. With the markers of slavery forgotten even as they lurk beneath our feet — from graveyards to historic homes, from Lexington and Concord to the halls of Harvard University — historians say it is time to radically rewrite America’s slavery story to include its buried history in New England.

“The story of slavery in New England is like a landscape that you learn to see,” said Anne Farrow, who co-wrote “Complicity: How the North Promoted, Prolonged, and Profited From Slavery” and who is researching a new book about slavery and memory. “Once you begin to see these great seaports and these great historic houses, everywhere you look, you can follow it back to the agricultural trade of the West Indies, to the trade of bodies in Africa, to the unpaid labor of black people.”..."

Link

Triangular Trade

Link

"...Clues have surfaced of late that New England, better known as a hotbed of abolitionism, had much more to do with the immoral traffic in human beings than its slight history of slaveholding suggests. Brown University has confessed that its early benefactors, including its namesake, owned or operated slave ships. Newport, R.I., has been identified as a leading port for such vessels. Aetna in Hartford has acknowledged writing life insurance policies on slaves.

Isolated examples they are not. In “New England Bound,” Wendy Warren, a Yale history professor, widens the lens to show the early New England economy was enmeshed in the seafaring trade that developed between four Atlantic continents for the transport, clothing, and feeding of African captives. The region’s early growth and prosperity, Warren shows, sprang from that tainted commerce..."

Link

DeWolfs

Link

I could go on, but hopefully you get the point.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 05-07-2017 at 09:47 PM.