User Tag List

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Krush Davis of the Atheletics

  1. #1
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    6,774
    Thanks
    2,729
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Krush Davis of the Atheletics

    Who does he reminds us of in batting stance and swing?

    I wonder who will guess it first.

  2. #2
    Sabermetric Slut
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your Mom's Basement
    Posts
    14,232
    Thanks
    967
    Thanked 4,032 Times in 2,570 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A decade ago he would of been looking at a huge payday next offseason. Probably the best power hitter in baseball right now. 40+ homers 3 straight years now.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (09-22-2018)

  4. #3
    It's OVER 5,000! msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    12,622
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea if their stances are similar or not; but every time I hear kris Davis, I think of Eric davis of the reds

  5. #4
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    6,774
    Thanks
    2,729
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well unlike some stars who goes unnoticed. Brewers did not like him listening here in Wisconsin, but now the same people wished that they kept him.

  6. #5
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    6,774
    Thanks
    2,729
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No idea if their stances are similar or not; but every time I hear kris Davis, I think of Eric davis of the reds
    Somewhat, but he is short unlike the tall Davis. I am talking about a Brave. It is almost exact in every way.

  7. #6
    Sabermetric Slut
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your Mom's Basement
    Posts
    14,232
    Thanks
    967
    Thanked 4,032 Times in 2,570 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Somewhat, but he is short unlike the tall Davis. I am talking about a Brave. It is almost exact in every way.
    Even the way they finish a homer before crossing home plate...

  8. #7
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    6,774
    Thanks
    2,729
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprise those who are my age can't see this quickly. Just watch the game last night. Tell me who does he resembles? His homers were almost in the same exact position last night, maybe a foot or two at most. Now this Brave rarely hit homers to the opposite field and only Dale Murphy and Freeman does/did it with regularity. Murphy wore out the right field fence with his homers.

  9. #8
    Sabermetric Slut
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your Mom's Basement
    Posts
    14,232
    Thanks
    967
    Thanked 4,032 Times in 2,570 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Well unlike some stars who goes unnoticed. Brewers did not like him listening here in Wisconsin, but now the same people wished that they kept him.
    Reminds me of Nelson Cruz. Brewers never gave him a chance either

  10. #9
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    6,774
    Thanks
    2,729
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Reminds me of Nelson Cruz. Brewers never gave him a chance either
    oh crap, you are so right.

  11. #10
    It's OVER 5,000! msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    12,622
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    I am surprise those who are my age can't see this quickly. Just watch the game last night. Tell me who does he resembles? His homers were almost in the same exact position last night, maybe a foot or two at most. Now this Brave rarely hit homers to the opposite field and only Dale Murphy and Freeman does/did it with regularity. Murphy wore out the right field fence with his homers.
    Gant?

  12. #11
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    6,774
    Thanks
    2,729
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope

    Seriously do I need to give more hints. The only difference is that Khrush k's a lot more but pitchers arsenal is much more so than then. The Braves hitter could hit 40 easily in this league after adjusting.

    Further more, he would probably lead the league every year because he usually doesn't chase bad pitches, the umpire would have to ring him up. That is a dead give away right there.
    Last edited by AerchAngel; 09-22-2018 at 10:52 AM.

  13. #12
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,628
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked 375 Times in 258 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Nope

    Seriously do I need to give more hints. The only difference is that Khrush k's a lot more but pitchers arsenal is much more so than then. The Braves hitter could hit 40 easily in this league after adjusting.

    Further more, he would probably lead the league every year because he usually doesn't chase bad pitches, the umpire would have to ring him up. That is a dead give away right there.
    Lane Adams?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozzie Swanson For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (09-22-2018)

  15. #13
    Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    swamps of S. Ga
    Posts
    1,067
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 202 Times in 116 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horner

  16. #14
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,664
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked 4,895 Times in 2,347 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hank Aaron.

  17. #15
    It's OVER 5,000! Tapate50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,787
    Thanks
    4,138
    Thanked 2,561 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don’t fully understand the thread but


    Mark Lemke?
    "No thanks, I'd rather sit in the balcony" - Abe Lincoln

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (09-22-2018)

  19. #16
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    6,774
    Thanks
    2,729
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    Horner
    Horner

    Great job Sal!!!!

    But Aaron was the same as well but he kept his bat back for the most part.

  20. #17
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    6,774
    Thanks
    2,729
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Krush had a similar stance to Horner and the quick bat speed with his wrist. Horner was slightly beefier but Krush is highly compact.

    If Horner played today with his skills, he would hit 40 every year if he did not have the injury bug. And he would not strike out even 100 times in a year. He rarely chase bad sliders and cutters like Davis does.

  21. #18
    Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Freshmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 406 Times in 184 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruben Sierra?


  22. #19
    Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,277
    Thanks
    22,138
    Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,902 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I don’t fully understand the thread but
    Late entry for post of the year.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

    Tapate50 (09-23-2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •