Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DA Fani Willis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    A few observations from a Georgia attorney:

-Wade was in no was qualified to be the lead prosecutor. RICO cases are very complex and this guy has nowhere near the level of experience necessary. If he was second chair, it would be a different story.

-The paycut argument is not as straightforward as it would seem. When you run your own firm profit one year isn't a guarantee of profit the next. You can lose a big client, you can have revenue generating employees leave, and a million other things.

-Even if Wade did take a pay cut, he's getting huge publicity from this trial. That's very valuable in its own right. So no matter the money, there are problems.

-If evidence comes out proving Willis was in a relationship with Wade before he was named lead prosecutor, forget being disqualified, Willis will be fighting to not be disbarred. Naming your lover to a high profile, lucrative position is bad enough. Lying to cover it up makes is so much worse in the eyes of the State Bar of Georgia. If she's lied to the court, she's not going to be a lawyer anymore.

-The argument of her keeping large amounts of cash that she used to pay Wade back for trips is weak. Why would you let this guy pay your way in advance and then pay him back in cash? Moreover, why would you do that when you're a high ranking public servant? Put the relationship aside, you'd want a paper trail to show you're not taking bribes. No way Willis would pay someone back in cash. The lack of a paper trail is exactly why she wouldn't do it.

-There's a conflict here. Willis' office is in charge of a lot of things in this case. Everything from whether or not to offer/accept plea deals to whether or not to push to speed things up or slow them down. There might come a point where a quick, efficient ending to the case is what should be done. However, Wade would lose an important source of income with no guarantee he could quickly replace it with a return to private practice. Willis would have personal loyalty to her lover pitted against her duty as DA. Either Wade should step down or Willis should be disqualified.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (02-17-2024), Tapate50 (02-17-2024)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,336 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    A few observations from a Georgia attorney:

-Wade was in no was qualified to be the lead prosecutor. RICO cases are very complex and this guy has nowhere near the level of experience necessary. If he was second chair, it would be a different story.

-The paycut argument is not as straightforward as it would seem. When you run your own firm profit one year isn't a guarantee of profit the next. You can lose a big client, you can have revenue generating employees leave, and a million other things.

-Even if Wade did take a pay cut, he's getting huge publicity from this trial. That's very valuable in its own right. So no matter the money, there are problems.

-If evidence comes out proving Willis was in a relationship with Wade before he was named lead prosecutor, forget being disqualified, Willis will be fighting to not be disbarred. Naming your lover to a high profile, lucrative position is bad enough. Lying to cover it up makes is so much worse in the eyes of the State Bar of Georgia. If she's lied to the court, she's not going to be a lawyer anymore.

-The argument of her keeping large amounts of cash that she used to pay Wade back for trips is weak. Why would you let this guy pay your way in advance and then pay him back in cash? Moreover, why would you do that when you're a high ranking public servant? Put the relationship aside, you'd want a paper trail to show you're not taking bribes. No way Willis would pay someone back in cash. The lack of a paper trail is exactly why she wouldn't do it.

-There's a conflict here. Willis' office is in charge of a lot of things in this case. Everything from whether or not to offer/accept plea deals to whether or not to push to speed things up or slow them down. There might come a point where a quick, efficient ending to the case is what should be done. However, Wade would lose an important source of income with no guarantee he could quickly replace it with a return to private practice. Willis would have personal loyalty to her lover pitted against her duty as DA. Either Wade should step down or Willis should be disqualified.
    I have zero doubt both are lying about when the relationship started. However, you probably need more than one witness to confirm it.

The cash thing is BS too. However, is there enough proof that she's lying? Probably not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I have zero doubt both are lying about when the relationship started. However, you probably need more than one witness to confirm it.

The cash thing is BS too. However, is there enough proof that she's lying? Probably not.
    Proof is absolutely the issue here. To get into the profession you have to go through Bar Fitness where the burden is on you to prove you're worthy to be a lawyer. Once you're in, however, the burden is on the State Bar to prove you're not worthy.

So there needs to be more than word vs word or suspicious explanations involving cash payments. They're going to need an email, text, time stamped photo, or more and better witnesses. But if that evidence materializes, it's all over for Willis and probably Wade too.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,336 Posts
    Gonna be tough for them to weasel out of this now if all of this is true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    She gone
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    People want to pretend what happened in the State Farm center in November 2020 was on the up and up.

But remember - Brian Kemp is fine with all of this.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    916 Posts
    Is there anyone still questioning whether she should remain on this case?

A politically charged, novel RICO case against the former and possible future POTUS…if ever there was a time where the prosecution needed to be buttoned up and not raise even a sliver of an appearance of impropriety, this was the case.

What a stupid, unforced error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    I heard a take the other day that made sense (she didn’t realize him being contracted meant he was now an employee…law 101) that only really really low brow unqualified lawyers are taking these cases. There will be a lot of errors and missteps
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Man, you've made a 180 on how you feel about corrupt law and order
    It's almost like his principles weren't very principled, and were more a convenient cloak.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Garmel (02-23-2024), Tapate50 (02-23-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    It's almost like his principles weren't very principled, and were more a convenient cloak.

You can kiss my ass. You pieces of **** crybabies defend corruption non-stop then want to question my principles. Whether Wade and Willis were in a relationship has literally zero bearing on the case and is just an attempt to obstruct the case. Which, let me remind you, stems from an organized effort to overthrow the will of the voters. And you assholes want to say I dont care about corruption and call my principles into question, **** all you assholes. You people defend the most corrupt man in America.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I have been pretty critical of Trump. Some of his shenanigans go against my principles, so that's what I do.
    Go get him!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (02-23-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Hahahaha orange man broke him like a twig
    Ivermectin Man

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-23-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    Yeah, I dont take kindly to people trying to overthrow the government or pieces of **** like you people who defend it.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,336 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    You can kiss my ass. You pieces of **** crybabies defend corruption non-stop then want to question my principles. Whether Wade and Willis were in a relationship has literally zero bearing on the case and is just an attempt to obstruct the case. Which, let me remind you, stems from an organized effort to overthrow the will of the voters. And you assholes want to say I dont care about corruption and call my principles into question, **** all you assholes. You people defend the most corrupt man in America.
    lololololol

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,336 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Yeah, I dont take kindly to people trying to overthrow the government or pieces of **** like you people who defend it.
    lololololololol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    We are fortunate for sure that the most heavily armed portion of American society tried to overthrow the government by crapping in corners and putting their feet up on desks. Those that strayed outside of the roped off walkways I mean.
    Go get him!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (02-23-2024), thethe (02-23-2024)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,821 Posts
    We are fortunate for sure that the most heavily armed portion of American society tried to overthrow the government by crapping in corners and putting their feet up on desks. Those that strayed outside of the roped off walkways I mean.
    They were just following the lead of the founders great pepper spray revolution

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-23-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Hahahaha orange man broke him like a twig
    Twig is a generous characterization of the strength of his spine.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts

Thats a very small part of it. The plan was to try to deny Biden 270 electoral votes by muddying the waters with false claims. They have ever right to file lawsuits if they think there is fraud. When they lost that they tried to get red states Biden won to either change the results or not certify their votes. Then when no one gets to 270 electoral votes it goes to the House of Rep where Republicans had a voting advantage. The mob was just a way to try to pressure Pence into taking action he couldnt legally do hoping the conservative Supreme Court would rule in their favor.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I'm just glad that Pence didn't bow to the pressure of those muddy feet and corner defecations. A true hero.
    Go get him!