Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/26... Vs San Fran

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Chip's going hard, triple-fisting at the bar (which is actually not uncommon in SF).
    There are bars in San Francisco where I imagine triple-fisting has an entirely different meaning.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Hawk (08-27-2016)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    There are bars in San Francisco where I imagine triple-fisting has an entirely different meaning.
    Wow

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Wow
    Quick story.

Back in the 80's as I was getting out of the Army, they sent us to Presidio to get our DD214, final shots, physicals, etc. We were there about 3 days (don't remember exactly). While there a few buddies and myself decided to walk around the city, take in a few sights (San Fran is a beautiful city if you've never been).

Well, one of my friends rolled his ankle steeping wrong off a curb and we heard an audible "pop." We took him over to a local clinic since we thought he had broken his ankle (turned out, no break just badly sprained with some ligament stretching). Anyway, while we are there waiting for our friend the rest of the group was treated to a true menagerie freak show where just one example was a guy getting wheeled in on a gurney and having all the techs and docs come by, lift the sheet, scratch their chins, hmmm and hawww then discuss like the old hekyl and jekyl scarecrows only to shake their heads and move on. Turns out the "guy" had a 60 watt lightbulb showed where it shouldn't have been and the docs were trying to figure out how to remove it without shattering the glass.

Needless to say, we collected our friend and went back to post ASAP, no more wiser, but more exposed to the weirdness of the world.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horsehide Harry For This Useful Post:

Garmel (08-27-2016), The Chosen One (08-27-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Quick story.

Back in the 80's as I was getting out of the Army, they sent us to Presidio to get our DD214, final shots, physicals, etc. We were there about 3 days (don't remember exactly). While there a few buddies and myself decided to walk around the city, take in a few sights (San Fran is a beautiful city if you've never been).

Well, one of my friends rolled his ankle steeping wrong off a curb and we heard an audible "pop." We took him over to a local clinic since we thought he had broken his ankle (turned out, no break just badly sprained with some ligament stretching). Anyway, while we are there waiting for our friend the rest of the group was treated to a true menagerie freak show where just one example was a guy getting wheeled in on a gurney and having all the techs and docs come by, lift the sheet, scratch their chins, hmmm and hawww then discuss like the old hekyl and jekyl scarecrows only to shake their heads and move on. Turns out the "guy" had a 60 watt lightbulb showed where it shouldn't have been and the docs were trying to figure out how to remove it without shattering the glass.

Needless to say, we collected our friend and went back to post ASAP, no more wiser, but more exposed to the weirdness of the world.
    I've never seen anything quite like that in an emergency room, but I have seen some pretty odd injuries come rolling in while I was awaiting care.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    There are bears in San Francisco where...
    FIFY

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-28-2016)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    You wear the wrong color bandana one time ...
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Quick story.

Wouldn't doubt this at all. In my 5 years in the ED we saw many strange things. One guy got a Barbie stuck up the rear and couldn't remove it. They had to perform surgery which meant they had to call his wife....and he was furious someone at home had to know.