Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blacks - A forgotten segment from Presidents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Flint or other decaying inner cities should be proof to you that liberals don't really care about blacks. Those are all long time democratic held cities. Why haven't they been improved ?
    you talk liberal / conservative or left/right or (R) / (D)
    and wish to push away the issue based on who's to blame

What is at issue is these inner city children don't have drinking water the same as suburban kids.
    Both through the public contract guaranteed water
    Creating another generation of minority children living first hand institutional racism.
    Looking ahead 10 years your mindset will wonder why these people demonstrate resentment

Secondly you have shown gross ignorance of the historical demise of Flint Michigan.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-14-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    you talk liberal / conservative or left/right or (R) / (D)
    and wish to push away the issue based on who's to blame

What is at issue is these inner city children don't have drinking water the same as suburban kids.
    Both through the public contract guaranteed water
    Creating another generation of minority children living first hand institutional racism.
    Looking ahead 10 years your mindset will wonder why these people demonstrate resentment

Secondly you have shown gross ignorance of the historical demise of Flint Michigan.
    Hey idiot, why don't you liberals/Democrats do something about it then instead of shifting blame/deflecting. Why do Republicans have to clean up your terrible mess of parenting blacks...is it because us blacks don't do what our white Democrat massa's say?

I promise to be a good ni gger massa, just please fix my water.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    you collect a paycheck from this organization ?

I've been on these boards for over 10 years and I don't think I have ever called anyone an idiot.
    Wasn't raised that way.
    “... mouth speaks from that which fills the heart :
    Luke 6:45

But hey, carry on
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-14-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Hey idiot, why don't you liberals/Democrats do something about it then instead of shifting blame/deflecting. Why do Republicans have to clean up your terrible mess of parenting blacks...is it because us blacks don't do what our white Democrat massa's say?

I promise to be a good ni gger massa, just please fix my water.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (02-17-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Runnin I disputed your 30 year old article with one that is within two weeks ago. The thing I have been pounding you all for 8 years about Obama and of course you say nothing because you were one of the ones who told me that all was okay and Obama was doing a lot for black communities but yet he wasn't and the CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS called you on it and scoreboard me in telling the truth. I wonder what Jersey Girl would say in these latest allegations of Obama ignoring black leaders and their plight.

Of course like all Dems/Liberals they can't handle the truth.

Look, I don't give a fuc k about Pres Agent Orange and never have but I will give him a chance to talk to our people when Obama failed according to blacks in power under his administration and they will talk to Dumpster Fire.......but will he listen, Obama didn't, but if he does, well, that would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Trump is still a Douchebag to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Do voter identification laws suppress minority voting? Yes. We did the research.

By Zoltan L. Hajnal, Nazita Lajevardi and Lindsay Nielson February 15 at 6:00 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9105eafb9a81

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

Do voter identification laws suppress minority voting? Yes. We did the research.

By Zoltan L. Hajnal, Nazita Lajevardi and Lindsay Nielson February 15 at 6:00 AM

How?

My 96 year old black grandmother (recently passed) got a ride to the DMV to obtain an ID. What is the excuse of a lazy, non working black 24 year old?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    ask him or her instead of making a blanket assumption

Past articles have shown some states (Wisconsin was I think an example) intentionally placing DMV or other places for ID inaccessible to bus traffic.

Another is hours of operation. Should a person be working 2 jobs when are they going to go.
    The purpose is to make it as hard as possible to vote.
    Kinda like poll taxes or literacy tests

Again, ask the person you find making the excuse and have them tell you

With the absence of verifiable voter fraud, why else would (R) create a roadblock to vote ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-15-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts

I read the article and the links it contains and I see evidence of a correlation between requiring ID's and lower minority turnout, but I'm not seeing anything that addresses why these folks do not have, or are unable to get, valid ID's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    ask him or her instead of making a blanket assumption

Past articles have shown some states (Wisconsin was I think an example) intentionally placing DMV or other places for ID inaccessible to bus traffic.

Another is hours of operation. Should a person be working 2 jobs when are they going to go.
    The purpose is to make it as hard as possible to vote.
    Kinda like poll taxes or literacy tests

Again, ask the person you find making the excuse and have them tell you

With the absence of verifiable voter fraud, why else would (R) create a roadblock to vote ?

Kind of sounds like my experience trying to get a gun permit in NY state.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Out of curiosity, did you get the gun permit ? Gun ?

How long and what obstacles

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Dude, you should move to OK. They put them in Crackerjack boxes down here. :)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

57Brave (02-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Out of curiosity, did you get the gun permit ? Gun ?

How long and what obstacles
    I got about halfway through the requirements and never finished. It has been a few years so I don't remember the particulars (I remember making a long post on this forum regarding it in the past). I know I'd have to start from scratch because I had to pay a fee for the application documents and they must be submitted in 60 days or they expire.

The biggest obstacle for me was getting fingerprinted at the sheriff's office which in my county was a service only offered in a 3 hour window one weekday per week (I think it was a Thurs or Fri). Would have had to take a day off of work and I just had other larger priorities at the time. Also, the relevant government offices in my county were not located in the same building so it was a bit of a runaround to get everything in order. Each office seems to have a different idea of what the appropriate sequence of steps is in the process ("no first you need to go to x office before we can do y for you").

Truth be told I don't even want my own gun. My father has a valuable handgun collection and wants to be able to put them on my permit in the event something happens to him otherwise they could all be confiscated. That and it would be fun to go to the range every once in a while. Eventually I'll get around to it, but certainly the hoops I have to jump through are a big deterrent. I think that's just what the state would like to hear...
    Last edited by acesfull86; 02-15-2017 at 04:58 PM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    I read the article and the links it contains and I see evidence of a correlation between requiring ID's and lower minority turnout, but I'm not seeing anything that addresses why these folks do not have, or are unable to get, valid ID's.

No excuse for a grown adult to not have an ID

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Would you be in favor of an easily available national ID ? Or is imposing government a non starter ?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Would you be in favor of an easily available national ID ? Or is imposing government a non starter ?
    Do you really think it's hard for grown adults who have lived here to get an id?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    well yes, id requirments lead to less votes because they only get to vote once.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    OK, first can we agree that it's the Republicans who push so for the voter ID thing because they know the Dems will lose a lot more votes than they will if those laws are enforced?

Now second, can we assume that if the Dems would get off their arses and actually take minorities and others who don't already have a photo ID to somewhere that they could actually get one it wouldn't matter if Repubs liked or pushed these laws or not?

If you want the extra votes get up, get out there and work for them, even if it's just as a chauffer for those who can't or won't get themselves to a place where they can get one. Or you can just sit back again and assume somebody else will take care of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    There is no excuse for anyone not to obtain an ID. Like is said my 96 black grandmother got one with no problem and it was FREE. She took pride in obtaining it as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    OK, first can we agree that it's the Republicans who push so for the voter ID thing because they know the Dems will lose a lot more votes than they will if those laws are enforced?

Now second, can we assume that if the Dems would get off their arses and actually take minorities and others who don't already have a photo ID to somewhere that they could actually get one it wouldn't matter if Repubs liked or pushed these laws or not?

If you want the extra votes get up, get out there and work for them, even if it's just as a chauffer for those who can't or won't get themselves to a place where they can get one. Or you can just sit back again and assume somebody else will take care of it.

First, we can agree on. But if we make it harder to commit vote fraud then isn't it only natural that the vote total goes down? If it goes down more for Democrats then maybe that should tell you something.

Second, it's just easier to do nothing and call people racist.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.