Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Viz and Teheran listed as top trade candidates

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    If the Braves are making decisions based on an opening day starter next year, then I officially give up on them.

I don't think they actually are though. Surely, that is just writer speculation
    I'm sure that isn't the only reason, but surely that would prefer to field a team with more than two household names on opening day.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    From Heyman's latest:

-Heyman did eight trades he thinks work, and he came up with this: 8. Arodys Vizcaino and Alexi Ogando to the Cubs for Jorge Soler, 1B Dan Vogelbach and 3B Jeimer Candelario. The Cubs are said to want to hold onto their very top prospects, so that would make Miller and Chapman tough for them. The talented Vizcaino, briefly a Cub, has put together a few very nice months in Atlanta. The Braves would have to spin Vogelbach to an A.L. club.

-His Braves notes: Vizcaino is drawing intense interest, probably the most interest of any Braves player … One reason the Braves don’t want to trade Julio Teheran is that they don’t really have an alternative to start Opening Day in their new park next year, and next winter’s free agency won’t bring anyone on that level. Teheran, however, would bring a haul … Bud Norris has been drawing some interest, including from the rival Marlins … Since the Braves have over-slot deals with their second and third picks, high school pitchers Joey Wentz and Kyle Muller, it is a good thing they are about to sign No. 3 overall pick Ian Anderson, for about $4 million as was reported here this week, soon after he graduates from high school this week … The Braves made off with quite a haul in the draft, thanks in part to their trades for two additional picks. They were the only team to trade for draft choices. Very smart for a rebuilding team. Their stash of pitchers is officially amazing at this point.

-Arodys Vicaino, a younger pitcher also having a dominating season, may be a bigger target for Texas, but the Braves are asking for a “(Ken) Giles-type return.”

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/ins...ade-scenarios/
    I like the Cubs return personally. Vogelbach is a good prospect that could be packaged with a young pitcher for another piece.. Candelario basically makes Rio expendable and he could be packaged as well for a pen arm.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    From Heyman's latest:

-Heyman did eight trades he thinks work, and he came up with this: 8. Arodys Vizcaino and Alexi Ogando to the Cubs for Jorge Soler, 1B Dan Vogelbach and 3B Jeimer Candelario. The Cubs are said to want to hold onto their very top prospects, so that would make Miller and Chapman tough for them. The talented Vizcaino, briefly a Cub, has put together a few very nice months in Atlanta. The Braves would have to spin Vogelbach to an A.L. club.

-His Braves notes: Vizcaino is drawing intense interest, probably the most interest of any Braves player … One reason the Braves don’t want to trade Julio Teheran is that they don’t really have an alternative to start Opening Day in their new park next year, and next winter’s free agency won’t bring anyone on that level. Teheran, however, would bring a haul … Bud Norris has been drawing some interest, including from the rival Marlins … Since the Braves have over-slot deals with their second and third picks, high school pitchers Joey Wentz and Kyle Muller, it is a good thing they are about to sign No. 3 overall pick Ian Anderson, for about $4 million as was reported here this week, soon after he graduates from high school this week … The Braves made off with quite a haul in the draft, thanks in part to their trades for two additional picks. They were the only team to trade for draft choices. Very smart for a rebuilding team. Their stash of pitchers is officially amazing at this point.

-Arodys Vicaino, a younger pitcher also having a dominating season, may be a bigger target for Texas, but the Braves are asking for a “(Ken) Giles-type return.”

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/ins...ade-scenarios/
    Of course they want to keep their best prospects.... and we want to get our hands on them. If they are off the table, then there may be a better offer. depends on how bad they want them. I am not as concerned about the return for Viz and Ogando as I am for Teheran, but you want to fill holes for next year, not just trade for interesting guys. Soler is good... is he the best we can get?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    Of course they want to keep their best prospects.... and we want to get our hands on them. If they are off the table, then there may be a better offer. depends on how bad they want them. I am not as concerned about the return for Viz and Ogando as I am for Teheran, but you want to fill holes for next year, not just trade for interesting guys. Soler is good... is he the best we can get?
    Funny discussion that Casey Stern and Mike Stanton were having on XM a few minutes ago - is this the time that Luhnow goes after a TOR arm for the Astros? While he's not the prototypical "Ace", a deal including...

Julio and Vizcaino for Bregman, Francis Marte, and Derek Fisher might just work out pretty well for both sides. Adding Julio's cheap contract wouldn't preclude them from going after another SP (maybe we'd even include Norris to tide them over), and a Giles/Vizcaino back-end would be as nasty as it gets if they can get Giles squared away. Bregman and Fisher could be ready as early as next year, and Martes gives us another high-octane arm to add to the stable.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Funny discussion that Casey Stern and Mike Stanton were having on XM a few minutes ago - is this the time that Luhnow goes after a TOR arm for the Astros? While he's not the prototypical "Ace", a deal including...

Julio and Vizcaino for Bregman, Francis Marte, and Derek Fisher might just work out pretty well for both sides. Adding Julio's cheap contract wouldn't preclude them from going after another SP (maybe we'd even include Norris to tide them over), and a Giles/Vizcaino back-end would be as nasty as it gets if they can get Giles squared away. Bregman and Fisher could be ready as early as next year, and Martes gives us another high-octane arm to add to the stable.
    Braves giving them JT and Viz, I would want a bit more than Fisher and Marte. Not completely sold on Fisher.. A lot of swing and miss there.. but would love to have Bregman

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Braves giving them JT and Viz, I would want a bit more than Fisher and Marte. Not completely sold on Fisher.. A lot of swing and miss there.. but would love to have Bregman
    Yeah, I'd just try and get Bregman plus Tucker rather than try and get Marte and Fisher.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    I like the Cubs return personally. Vogelbach is a good prospect that could be packaged with a young pitcher for another piece.. Candelario basically makes Rio expendable and he could be packaged as well for a pen arm.
    Get the best return you can.

But I like that cubs deal. Viz is a stud, but he's still a RP. Soler has had his stock drop way down. But Soler is still a very talented OF bat that is worth the gamble. Candelario is a good bat prospect too. Not sure on Vogelbach.....I bet we swap him out for a pitcher just to piss off the board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    If they offered that for Viz and Ogando (who's easily expendable) that would be a hard package to pass up... even if Soler never turns into much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Bregman has been my #1 target all season. Adding him to Swanson and Albies would set our infield up for a long time.

Lynchburg Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    It's not just that but the FA pitchers headlining the offseason is putrid. Julio is not. I don't want the foul stench of veteran 5th starters to stink up the new stadium. Come high or don't come at all for Julio!
    I'd be pretty pissed if they traded Teheran. The rotation for next year would be an absolute joke.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pugfan For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (06-24-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Getting Soler and two prospects seems like a good return for two controllable relievers. Higher return than I would have guessed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugfan View Post
    I'd be pretty pissed if they traded Teheran. The rotation for next year would be an absolute joke.
    If the Wisler and Folty and Gant strides have been legit... add in an improved Blair/Newcomb/Ellis, etc... may not be as bad as you think... not to mention, I'm sure they'd sign sometime else with the tons of money available.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    I wouldn't be opposed to getting Soler for Ogando and viz. then we can trade mukaki for a bag of balls especially now that his bobble head day has come and gone
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    I refuse to deal Vizcaino to the Cubs unless La Stella is part of the deal. Then when Vizcaino blows out his arm again we can trade for him again.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (06-24-2016), zbhargrove (06-24-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    I bet Viz is a hot commodity and pretty valuable piece at this point being cheap and controlled.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Jim Bowden: Red Sox have inquired about both Julio Teheran and Arodys Vizcaino from the Atlanta Braves. However, there is no traction to a trade at this time. However, these two teams really do match up well for a potential blockbuster type deal at the trade deadline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    .@JimBowden_ESPN "John Coppolella and Dave Dombrowski have had the conversation and Dave has asked about Julio Tehran and Arodys Vizcaíno"

.@JimBowden_ESPN on #RedSox interest in Tehran & Vizcaíno "one stop shopping and your done. Problem is the Braves like Moncada & Benintendi"

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ9 For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (06-24-2016), The Chosen One (06-24-2016)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    .@JimBowden_ESPN "John Coppolella and Dave Dombrowski have had the conversation and Dave has asked about Julio Tehran and Arodys Vizcaíno"

.@JimBowden_ESPN on #RedSox interest in Tehran & Vizcaíno "one stop shopping and your done. Problem is the Braves like Moncada & Benintendi"
    Gotta like the Braves position.. you give us xyz players..or I keep two very good players that are cost controlled for 3+ years...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (06-24-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    I would much rather get Baez than Soler back in a trade for Viz, even to the extent of adding a prospect if necessary to balance out the trade. Baez would fit in nicely at third, but I also like his ability to play different infield and outfield positions.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Would be funny to see a Viz-Kimbrel duo, on another team.
    Forever Fredi