Page 35 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745851355351035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    couldn't you just turn it around and saying the establishment people who just thought it was "hillarys turn" etc etc are what gave the white house away?

i mean, if Bernie was on the ticket, do you think Trump would have won the white house?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Except that we by and large haven't been fighting back.

We've been mainly fighting defensively (according to a cyber warrior I know).

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    It is often forgotten that the most salient point of Bush foreign policy pre-9/11 was hawkishness on China. I think John Bolton among others was driving it--not as it relates to trade so much as the Taiwan stuff. Nobody really remembers anything between Bush v. Gore and 9/11/01, but before the neocon FP crowd got the pretext for the ME wars they wanted, it was definitely a thing. Not necessarily relevant to this conversation, but worth noting in the "nothing new under the sun" column.

Yep, and they've been attacking lots of US businesses and probing governmental systems the whole git-go and stealing company secrets then turning around and using those to in turn cut the legs out of the companies here. Isn't as bloody as beheadings and suicide bombers but it's been effective warfare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Yep, and they've been attacking lots of US businesses and probing governmental systems the whole git-go and stealing company secrets then turning around and using those to in turn cut the legs out of the companies here. Isn't as bloody as beheadings and suicide bombers but it's been effective warfare.
    Maybe Trump and his team aren't as dumb as the left thinks.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    couldn't you just turn it around and saying the establishment people who just thought it was "hillarys turn" etc etc are what gave the white house away?

i mean, if Bernie was on the ticket, do you think Trump would have won the white house?
    I did, and still do, think Sanders had a much better shot, but I also think it's largely beside the point, in part because Clinton's loss is symptomatic of larger structural issues within the party. You can't just promise to be mostly better at preserving reproductive rights, slightly better at protecting minorities' rights, and (at most) marginally better at promoting a reduction in income inequality (at heart, the issue that most stimulates the bulk of your "base"), and expect that as a result you deserve unquestioned fealty from those groups. That failure just happens to appear particularly acute when you send an establishment also-ran against a semiotically-protean, populist-winking, arch-grifter would-be-demagogue.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    no doubt

it's what killer mike was saying stay home if they aren't going to do a damn thing for our vote
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

They've misjudged his abilities (as did I) before... I still think he's a bull in a china shop but I'm not so sure he's a dumb one anymore.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Hawk (12-08-2016), Prikichi (12-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    sure.....

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump Dec 5
    I am thrilled to nominate Dr. @RealBenCarson as our next Secretary of the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    sure.....

I am thrilled to nominate Dr. @RealBenCarson as our next Secretary of the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
    I hope the left acts like this the whole way through his presidency. It's this smugness that has led to incredible losses at all level of government since the Obama disaster started.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (12-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    sure.....

A few days ago there was a meme on here complaining about the lack of diversity in his cabinet choices. I guess minorities only count when they toe the Democratic party line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    A few days ago there was a meme on here complaining about the lack of diversity in his cabinet choices. I guess minorities only count when they toe the Democratic party line.
    Could you imagine the response from the left if the right criticized a black man's competency in a governmental appointment to such a prestigious position? Wow
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So that market crash that was imminent because trump would be elected....what ever happened to that?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    So that market crash that was imminent because trump would be elected....what ever happened to that?
    I don't know man. Sturg insisted he wasn't bought because fo the futures threat. Meanwhile lobbyist after lobbyist and special interest after special interest keep joining up with him.

Though if he does decide to start a holy war with CHina, it will wreck the **** out of our supply side economy.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I don't know man. Sturg insisted he wasn't bought because fo the futures threat. Meanwhile lobbyist after lobbyist and special interest after special interest keep joining up with him.

Though if he does decide to start a holy war with CHina, it will wreck the **** out of our supply side economy.
    Or we will develop relationships with less adversarial nations which seems like the plan for this administration.

The market is responding because a lower tax plan is better for business. The environment is more friendly to expansion. Now we need to see if it actually helps the middle class but so far so good for the growth of the economy. Investment into this nation will come soon and that helps everyone.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Could you imagine the response from the left if the right criticized a black man's competency in a governmental appointment to such a prestigious position? Wow
    Dude, seriously? You haven't seen any of this at all for the past 8 years? None? Nada? Zilch? Zip?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Dude, seriously? You haven't seen any of this at all for the past 8 years? None? Nada? Zilch? Zip?
    Of course there was criticism. I'm strictly talking about therespone if the right said anything about the competency of a black man.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Of course there was criticism. I'm strictly talking about therespone if the right said anything about the competency of a black man.
    I'm not just talking about criticism. There's nothing wrong with criticizing any elected official, in fact I think they all need a lot more of it than they get. I'm talking about the amount of criticism leveled at the current president by some on the right, and especially the far right, based largely on his skin color.

EDIT: I went back and added some since that was intent when I first typed it. I am not saying nor never have said that all the criticism leveled at the current president is racially motivated, nor is all of it wrong, not by a long shot. But any honest person who's paying attention should be able to easily see the elements of racism in some of the things said to and/or about him.
    Last edited by Oklahomahawk; 12-08-2016 at 09:54 AM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Imagine if people publicly stated that they refuse to stay at a hotel that Obama owned. I'm sure they wouldn't be vilified and called 'racist'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I'm not just talking about criticism. There's nothing wrong with criticizing any elected official, in fact I think they all need a lot more of it than they get. I'm talking about the amount of criticism leveled at the current president by the right, and especially the far right, based largely on his skin color.
    Criticism is needed for all selections. Just pointing out a double standard.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Criticism is needed for all selections. Just pointing out a double standard.
    then we are in agreement on that point. The other point I was trying to make is that some on the right and especially the far right hate him simply because of his skin pigmentation. I'm not saying all, I"m not even saying a majority, but it's more than a few. Can we agree on that?