Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    false alarm
    Twitter trolls out in full force?

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts
    DOB just tweeted Stewart is expected to sign.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    Where are you seeing this?
    He tweeted it... so I saw it on twitter.

But since he added this: "also yet to sign among first rounders is No. 8 overall pick Carter Stewart, a HS RHP from Melbourne, fla. slot is $4.98M."

As ball4life32 said tho, DOB tweeted that he's expected to sign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball4life32 View Post
    WHEW
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Wonder who blinked first?

Will it be $4M or $5M?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    If it’s 4 million then I’d think a Hess or Vodnik signing wouldn’t be far behind.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    The Hess thing is so interesting to me. If Stewart signs for 4 million, I think the math is correct that we'd have around 1.2-1.3 million to offer Hess. Is that really enough for him? I'm skeptical.

I'd sell him on being our Joey Devine and giving him every shot to pitch in the big league bullpen this year. He was a dominant reliever at LSU in 2017 when he was a freshman. Absolutely lights out. Then this year, he moved into the rotation and was just ok. He pitched for the collegiate Team USA yesterday and touched 97 in a three-inning stint. I really think he can move fast as a reliever, and I'd sell the chance for him to be involved in a division race. Still not sure if that money would really be enough for him though.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    The Hess thing is so interesting to me. If Stewart signs for 4 million, I think the math is correct that we'd have around 1.2-1.3 million to offer Hess. Is that really enough for him? I'm skeptical.

I'd sell him on being our Joey Devine and giving him every shot to pitch in the big league bullpen this year. He was a dominant reliever at LSU in 2017 when he was a freshman. Absolutely lights out. Then this year, he moved into the rotation and was just ok. He pitched for the collegiate Team USA yesterday and touched 97 in a three-inning stint. I really think he can move fast as a reliever, and I'd sell the chance for him to be involved in a division race. Still not sure if that money would really be enough for him though.
    It'd take more than 600k based off what I know. 800k-1 million might do it.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    It'd take more than 600k based off what I know. 800k-1 million might do it.
    The original report was we were trying to sign Stewart for $4 million and give the rest to Hess. If that happened, we would have around $1.2 million to give Hess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts

I would think they'd be trying for him and Vodnik... the raw HS kid with electric stuff... kinda reminds me of Tarnok

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

If Hess wouldn't sign for $1.2 million, he's probably too stupid to be useful as a major leaguer.

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts
    Matt Powers just tweeted

“With just over 24 hours to go before the signing deadline, I’m starting to feel less confident in the chances of the Braves signing Carter Stewart than I was earlier today. Two different reports have seemed to turn momentum the other way“

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Wow, this could turn an incredibly successful and exciting draft into a really crappy feeling.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts

Maybe he can give up a grand slam one of his first times out. I doubt Hess will sign for less than $2 MM. I could be wrong, but my guess is he believes he'll go in the first couple of rounds next year.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Wow, this could turn an incredibly successful and exciting draft into a really crappy feeling.
    Not really ZB. Carter not withstanding this draft had been pretty good too awesome depending on what we've already done. It goes to phenomenal with Hess and Vodnik or either one.

Oops. Saw the other posts...hmmm. Could be disappointing yes.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Maybe they should've taken Nolan Gorman smh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    Not really ZB. Carter not withstanding this draft had been pretty good too awesome depending on what we've already done. It goes to phenomenal with Hess and Vodnik or either one.

Oops. Saw the other posts...hmmm. Could be disappointing yes.
    I agree, it will still be a good draft... would just end on a real down note. Sucks not taking advantage of one of the few times we have such high picks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Matt Powers just tweeted

“With just over 24 hours to go before the signing deadline, I’m starting to feel less confident in the chances of the Braves signing Carter Stewart than I was earlier today. Two different reports have seemed to turn momentum the other way“
    He doesn’t know any more than those of us on this board do. Not saying Stewart will sign, but he’s not a source to listen to on this.