Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson....

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Been on vacation so I'm not up to speed on this story. Would the following sum up things and work for most of you:

The growing militarization of police forces is a troubling & potentially very dangerous phenomenon.

White people aren't black people and try as hard as we can we (white folks) don't really understand what it feels like to being under suspicion when we are innocent?

The factors that have gone into the social and cultural situation of many urban and poor rural communities are complex. Sins of the fathers are both still effecting them. And to which their own and our own sins mix. There's a lot of guilt to go around.

Personal responsibility is a good thing.

Looting and violent rioting are illegitimate means to protest, well virtually anything. Neither just nor wise.

Stealing, bullying, hurting other and being a person characterized by these things (non-Robinhoods) is not something to be glamorized, or defended. Such actions aren't noble and they don't help the offender, the victims or the community.

Police sometimes have to use lethal force in the protection of others.

Some police use that force unwisely, wrongly, stupidly, sinfully.

There are numerous bad players that benefit, thrive on and fuel racial discord and it is easy to get caught up and led in one direction or another by such.

Even after getting back from vacation, I haven't really wanted to keep up with this story - the other world matters have been preoccupying my news-time interests. But this thread has exploded. Why? What have I missed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Myself, KG, Giles are big racists

Zito/JPX/Sturg/Goldfly believe black people have no shot of succeeding because of the white man

AA is an angry black man (sorry AA, I had to do it...nothing but love for you).

Oh yeah, Sturg still believes that we are soon to be subjected to a military invasion.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

Zito/JPX/Sturg/Goldfly believe black people have no shot of succeeding because of the white man

Oh yeah, Sturg still believes that we are soon to be subjected to a military invasion.
    You sure about that? Has that been my argument?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Maybe not....I lost track
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Minorities are treated severely unfairly in our legal system. If you deny this, you're a ****ing idiot.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-22-2014), goldfly (08-22-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Minorities are treated severely unfairly in our legal system. If you deny this, you're a ****ing idiot.
    I think the statistics show that to be true...the problem is that the legal system like anything is open to human emotion so stereotypes enter the equations. I do not think blacks help themselves in bucking those stereotypes. Call me a racist, whatever you want to do but there have been many prominent black people who have said the same thing.

Life isn't easy for blacks....I've said nothing but that in this thread. WIth all that...don't make life even harder.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    AA, please...it was meant to be a joke. I'm sorry you took it that way. I should not have said it but I thought we were on the level where a joke would be assumed there. I should probably be more sensative to the fact that those types of lines are hurtful.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    AA, please...it was meant to be a joke. I'm sorry you took it that way. I should not have said it but I thought we were on the level where a joke would be assumed there. I should probably be more sensative to the fact that those types of lines are hurtful.
    Dude....I forgive you. Seriously.

Sorry, I will delete it then.

I will man up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

thethe (08-22-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Done. Deleted, permanently with no way of retrieval. yes it royally pissed me off on my daughters birthday. I did not want to go to the Twin cities zoo and park angry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Done. Deleted, permanently with no way of retrieval. yes it royally pissed me off on my daughters birthday. I did not want to go to the Twin cities zoo and park angry.
    I'm sorry that I caused you any angst on what should be a wonderful day. Enjoy the day with your little girl.
    Natural Immunity Croc

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-22-2014), BedellBrave (08-22-2014)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Even after getting back from vacation, I haven't really wanted to keep up with this story - the other world matters have been preoccupying my news-time interests. But this thread has exploded. Why? What have I missed?
    Something about finding new buddies in bars and whether or not it's OK to have friends +/- 5 years your age

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I think the statistics show that to be true...the problem is that the legal system like anything is open to human emotion so stereotypes enter the equations. I do not think blacks help themselves in bucking those stereotypes. Call me a racist, whatever you want to do but there have been many prominent black people who have said the same thing.

Life isn't easy for blacks....I've said nothing but that in this thread. WIth all that...don't make life even harder.
    Good post.

Like I said in a post deleted, I am much rougher on my kind than you are. We should hold some accountability in many areas that could be better but we have to make that step. I want get into the government involvement in that regard, but I will say this, it fosters us in the need and reliance on the system to the point we are nonchalant in wanting challenges in life. I and others do not want the basics we want to be better.

As for crime I told you if they do it as a teenager and jailed, when they get out, job choices are severely limited, so they attempt to get their bling again in a more profitable way, then they go back to jail, get out, even more restricted on the jobs they can get, then they go back to what they know will pay the most, then they go back to jail and by then they learn being in jail is preferable.

Why do I know this? Six of the eight of my vast family have lived that life. I am fortunate not a single one hurt or killed another person (they are not part of family if they take another life meaning we would disown them). 5 of the 6 is drugs, one was snatching purses and conning, but he was desperate to go back to jail, he hated being out of jail.

You see that is our blight and severe problem and very hard to turn around.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    How come every thread involving a black person turns into AA talking about how he's black but leans conservative?

SAV, can you create an archived sub forum of all of AA's posts explaining how his blackness and political views don't always coincide? I'm sure we could fill that bitch up.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (08-22-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    How come every thread involving a black person turns into AA talking about how he's black but leans conservative?

SAV, can you create an archived sub forum of all of AA's posts explaining how his blackness and political views don't always coincide? I'm sure we could fill that bitch up.
    Because most blacks are Conservative, especially religiously speaking. They just vote Democrate.

What is wrong with that?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (08-22-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post

AA is black ?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

ESP47 (08-22-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The news and the usual speculation.

Other than that, AA came out as a black person.
    You mighta missed that

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-22-2014), jpx7 (08-22-2014)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

thethe has done a bad job of recapping this thread for you bedell

but after this thread

i shouldn't be surprised

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    JPX [...] believe[s] black people have no shot of succeeding because of the white man.
    If that's all you've gleaned from what I've personally written then it's really not worth typing words in your direction anymore.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Because most blacks are Conservative, especially religiously speaking. They just vote Democrate.

What is wrong with that?
    I was just messing with you.

I have a black friend, so...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (08-22-2014)