Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 4/14/17 Home Opener GDT

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prikichi View Post
    Opinion poll: should number 25 be retired and honored like the other braves legends? Yay or nay
    Certainly should.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    510 Posts
    Always felt that Troy Glaus was criminally underappreciated by the Braves, good to see he's still got a lot of support.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drewdat For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (04-15-2017), Managuarantano's Volunteers (04-15-2017), nsacpi (04-15-2017), The Chosen One (04-15-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackwaterPark View Post
    Just a question, I know Hanks old, but is it that hard to still throw a baseball? Seems like you would always be able to do it relatively well
    Guy has to have help walking - damn. Cut him a break!
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Sav and sturg have probably given some descriptions (and others who went to the Saturday/Sunday games), so I won't try to expound on them other than to say the pictures everyone's seen don't do it justice. The entire place is an experience everyone should have soon. I'm not kidding when I say that I can't imagine going to a game in any other park comes close to what a trip to SunTrust Park is. I know it's still a sore spot for a lot of people, but the partnership with Cobb County delivered EXACTLY what the city of Atlanta promised the Braves they were going to turn the area around The Ted into all those years ago - but didn't.

It really is a place that reflects what a franchise that was able to deliver an amazing accomplishment like winning 14 straight Division Titles SHOULD be able to give its fans - a place to go see their favorite team play that I promise you those fans will NEVER forget.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

smootness (04-17-2017), thewupk (04-17-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Sav and sturg have probably given some descriptions (and others who went to the Saturday/Sunday games), so I won't try to expound on them other than to say the pictures everyone's seen don't do it justice. The entire place is an experience everyone should have soon. I'm not kidding when I say that I can't imagine going to a game in any other park comes close to what a trip to SunTrust Park is. I know it's still a sore spot for a lot of people, but the partnership with Cobb County delivered EXACTLY what the city of Atlanta promised the Braves they were going to turn the area around The Ted into all those years ago - but didn't.

It really is a place that reflects what a franchise that was able to deliver an amazing accomplishment like winning 14 straight Division Titles SHOULD be able to give its fans - a place to go see their favorite team play that I promise you those fans will NEVER forget.
    It is an incredible place. It is absolutely true that you can't appreciate it until you go.

The Battery alone would be an incredible place even if the stadium didn't exist.