Thread: We Finance Barbarism

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I love the smell of brainwash in the morning.
    Objective reality includes the following facts:

• Planned Parenthood is not selling fetus parts for profit or otherwise.

• Only three percent of Planned Parenthood’s activities involve abortions.

• Per the Hyde Amendment, no federal funds can be used for abortions. And there’s no evidence that Planned Parenthood has done so.

• Consequently, de-funding Planned Parenthood would put into jeopardy its ability to save lives and, germane to this issue, prevent abortions. The Washington Post editorial board concluded:

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,849 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post

• Per the Hyde Amendment, no federal funds can be used for abortions. And there’s no evidence that Planned Parenthood has done so.
    :
    This one is pretty funny to me. So I get money... use it for purpose A (not abortions), then I have the money that would have been for purpose A, and use it for abortions.

I hope you're less naive than you act

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (08-05-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This one is pretty funny to me. So I get money... use it for purpose A (not abortions), then I have the money that would have been for purpose A, and use it for abortions.
    Prove it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,849 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Prove it
    Are you serious?

Any money gotten from the federal government indirectly funds abortions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (08-05-2015)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Any money gotten from the federal government indirectly funds abortions.
    This is always going to be the crux of the attacks on Planned Parenthood—even though abortion-services represent a very small percentage of their service portfolio, and even though study after study demonstrates that (along with better and earlier sex-education) easier, cheaper access to contraceptive options (which is a much bigger part of what Planned Parenthood provides communities) is very positively correlated with a reduction in the number of abortions per capita in a given community.

Personally, I could give a f u c k if "money gotten from the federal government indirectly funds abortions"—not because I'm callous to the unfortunate nature of aborting a fetus, but because of the two facts I stated above. (Those two facts, along with my firm belief that it is, ultimately, not my decision whether a woman aborts a fetus gestating within her body; and my further conviction that, if she elects to abort said fetus, I want the procedure to occur in a safe, sterile space by a doctor operating under legal auspices.)
    Last edited by jpx7; 08-05-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,849 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    This is always going to be the crux of the attacks on Planned Parenthood—even though abortion-services represent a very small percentage of their service portfolio, and even though study after study demonstrates that (along with better and earlier sex-education) easier, cheaper access to contraceptive options (which is a much bigger part of what Planned Parenthood provides communities) is very positively correlated with a reduction in the number of abortions per capita in a given community.

Personally, I could give a f u c k if "money gotten from the federal government indirectly funds abortions"—not because I'm callous to the unfortunate nature of aborting a fetus, but because of the two facts I stated above. (Those two facts, along with my firm belief that it is, ultimately, not my decision whether a woman aborts a fetus gestating within her body; and my further conviction that, if she elects to abort said fetus, I want the procedure to occur in a safe, sterile space by a doctor operating under legal auspices.)
    And that's fine - from your point of view. We obviously have a huge philosophical difference on the role of government, so we will never agree on it

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    weird

republicans are up in arms saying planned parenthood is profiting off killing babies

the nra and their friends make a bunch of money by profiting off the death of actual children and no one says a damn thing
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"