Page 33 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the League - 2021 Szn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Newk was great in the pen in 2019. He's been bad this year, but he's been jerked back and forth between AAA and Snit has no idea to manage a pen. Granted Sean has torpedoed himself with walks, but in the Stl game, every hitter he saw was either a switch hitter or hit RH. And Snit left him in there to pitch to Goldy and Arenado. Same deal with the Dodgers. He takes out Anderson and brings in Newk to pitch to Mookie and the rest of the heart of their order.
    He’s been jerked back and forth because he’s sucks. Y’all need to give it up on this hoping that Sean Newcomb amounts to anything substantial.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    We'll see. The BB rate will fall eventually and hopefully Snit quits using him vs RH like an idiot.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    He’s been jerked back and forth because he’s sucks. Y’all need to give it up on this hoping that Sean Newcomb amounts to anything substantial.
    Your mom has been jerking me back and forth and sucking too

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Garmel (06-22-2021), Super (06-23-2021), Tapate50 (06-22-2021), UNCBlue012 (06-22-2021)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    We'll see. The BB rate will fall eventually and hopefully Snit quits using him vs RH like an idiot.
    The Narrator: The BB rate didn’t fall.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (06-22-2021), thewupk (06-22-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    lol he needs to have his own guys checked. Max is a future HOFer.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    No idea why anyone would expect less going forward.

EVERY Pitcher has been labeled a "cheater" - if you're going to check one, YOU HAVE TO check them all. Does anybody honestly think Scherzer has been loading the baseball? Of course not.

The problem is everybody that hit a ball over the fence used to get labeled as a "juicer" .

You can't "randomly check" everyone if you decide to give the "best" guys a pass - I agree 100% with checking everyone randomly once, not just in the 1st or 9th inning, but a completely random and unannounced check ONCE. If they pass, leave them the *ell alone and realize that the reason your hitters strike out 12 times a game is because that's the way the game is taught now and that "strikeouts don't matter". Keep your happy *ss in the dugout and have a nice day.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Lol Sergio Romo just one upped Scherzer. Hat, glove, belt, all thrown at the umpire and then dropped his pants. Manfred is an absolute joke. This is a great way to speed up the game.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tululush For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (06-23-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    No idea why anyone would expect less going forward.

EVERY Pitcher has been labeled a "cheater" - if you're going to check one, YOU HAVE TO check them all. Does anybody honestly think Scherzer has been loading the baseball? Of course not.

The problem is everybody that hit a ball over the fence used to get labeled as a "juicer" .

You can't "randomly check" everyone if you decide to give the "best" guys a pass - I agree 100% with checking everyone randomly once, not just in the 1st or 9th inning, but a completely random and unannounced check ONCE. If they pass, leave them the *ell alone and realize that the reason your hitters strike out 12 times a game is because that's the way the game is taught now and that "strikeouts don't matter". Keep your happy *ss in the dugout and have a nice day.
    It wasn’t a random check. Girardi had him checked MID INNING three times in the first 4 innings. Girardi was doing it to **** with him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-23-2021)

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    Manfred has turn MLB into a circus. I wasn’t a fan of Selig, but I’ll take him back as commissioner now
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    It wasn’t a random check. Girardi had him checked MID INNING three times in the first 4 innings. Girardi was doing it to **** with him.
    Girardi is probably just a douche. But if I'm a manager, I'm making a mockery out of this fiasco every night because Manfred deserves every bit of it. I would check every pitcher multiple times just to give Manfred a big eff you.

Hitters really don't care about sticky ****. Ask any hitter. I know a handful of guys who either used to play or currently play in the minors/majors. All of them know 100% it is used. All of them said no one cared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Manfred has turn MLB into a circus. I wasn’t a fan of Selig, but I’ll take him back as commissioner now
    Manfreds the worst.

Anyone see Acuna basically bathing himself in spray in the OD circle tonight? Kinda ironic
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Girardi is probably just a douche. But if I'm a manager, I'm making a mockery out of this fiasco every night because Manfred deserves every bit of it. I would check every pitcher multiple times just to give Manfred a big eff you.

Hitters really don't care about sticky ****. Ask any hitter. I know a handful of guys who either used to play or currently play in the minors/majors. All of them know 100% it is used. All of them said no one cared.
    You mean nobody like JT Realmuto and Adam Duvall?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    FWIW, Girardi was jawing with his former coach with the Yanks Kevin Long not really Max. Long was screaming "**** You" to him and Girardi walked out telling KLong to come out and meet him.

Still a douche move. Girardi coming out at all was dumb as hell. He should have been run.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts

They didn’t care because they didn’t know the advantage gained by dramatically increasing spin rate. Pitchers also weren’t using the exotic stuff like spider tack back then because it didn’t exist. In fact, I bet all those guys in your poll still don’t know about it, and spend most of their time talking about “back in my day”.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Again, MLB should’ve continued to allow the extra sauce and kept the juiced balls.

They dumb.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts
    Zach Wheeler needs to be checked 5 times in his next start. I'm sure Girardi would blow a gasket.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Again, MLB should’ve continued to allow the extra sauce and kept the juiced balls.

They dumb.
    Your mom allows extra sauce from juiced balls.
    Coppy

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    They didn’t care because they didn’t know the advantage gained by dramatically increasing spin rate. Pitchers also weren’t using the exotic stuff like spider tack back then because it didn’t exist. In fact, I bet all those guys in your poll still don’t know about it, and spend most of their time talking about “back in my day”.
    I used to work in the Durham Bulls clubhouse back in the day and remember talking to Josh Leuke about this. I remember being shocked when he told me that without sunscreen and rosin he would have absolutely no idea where the ball was going, and the position players standing nearby (one of whom was Brooks Conrad of all people) basically said they were glad pitchers used sunscreen so they didn't have to worry as much about control issues.

I also remember being shocked at a) just how slick the new pearls were when we took them out of the box and b) the inconsistencies created by people like me rubbing baseballs down with mud before games- some of us used a lot, some used a little, but there was no standardization. Just put some mud on the balls and collect some cash from the umps in exchange.

If I were a pitcher, I would've been looking for a way to create some tackiness and consistency too. That said, they obviously took the advantage too far with Spider Tack and the like, and now that spin rates are so ubiquitous we were due for a correction.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    I only have so much sympathy for the argument that sunscreen and rosin is needed. If that was the case, just put that in the rule.

If it's so great, someone should have made the mixture and sold it.

The problem likely is that during a game there is no way to tell if the sticky stuff is SpiderTack, rosin and sunscreen or anything else. It is either a foreign substance or it is not.

Pitchers and teams (Astros) knew what they were doing. They got greedy and ruined it for everyone else.

I think the easy answer to this is MLB makes a mix and says this is what you are allowed to use. You put a tub of it on the back of the mound instead of the rosin bag.