Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfannchar View Post
    I think that’s the exact article I read, but couldn’t remember clearly enough to be certain.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    I would be in on Bumgarner...all about the asking price though.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I grasped the conversation quite well and you made a fool of yourself. The only clown here is you. You're a complete nut and when you do have that inevitable psychotic break I hope you're nowhere near anybody at the time.
    Lol, no, you didn’t.

South and I were going back and forth about attendance early in the season (like 1-2 weeks in). I stated the early attendance showed the Braves were on track for lower attendance the 2nd year of the new stadium, as is typical for new stadiums. This would have been terrible news for the 2019 payroll considering the 2018 payroll was around $110m.

South started keeping track in a spreadsheet and determined the winning was increasing attendance. This was great news because that meant they could add players at the deadline and the 2019 payroll could be projected to increase to around $120m-$125m...and that looks to be exactly what we are seeing now.

Hopefully you’re able to wrap your head around the actual topic now. Probably not considering you’re in the Trio, but there it is.

Now feel free to keep on derping like a fool, and keep that sig up as you promised.

Newk throws 104!!! Derrrrrp!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Lol, no, you didn’t.

South and I were going back and forth about attendance early in the season (like 1-2 weeks in). I stated the early attendance showed the Braves were on track for lower attendance the 2nd year of the new stadium, as is typical for new stadiums. This would have been terrible news for the 2019 payroll considering the 2018 payroll was around $110m.

South started keeping track in a spreadsheet and determined the winning was increasing attendance. This was great news because that meant they could add players at the deadline and the 2019 payroll could be projected to increase to around $120m-$125m...and that looks to be exactly what we are seeing now.

Hopefully you’re able to wrap your head around the actual topic now. Probably not considering you’re in the Trio, but there it is.

Now feel free to keep on derping like a fool, and keep that sig up as you promised.

Newk throws 104!!! Derrrrrp!
    I remember it. What you said is that anybody who thinks we're going to have a higher attendance than the first year is stupid which is so typical for you. As usual when you're wrong instead of admitting it you lie and spin.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    I don't buy in to the "we're fine with Duvall" narrative at all.

I keep going back to the conversation AA must have had with Donaldson. I know their boys and all, but to get JD to sign a 1 year deal that early in the offseason I think he had to assure JD they were making a push for a championship this year.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chico For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-07-2019), DirkPiggler (01-07-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Perhaps AA just trying to get leverage in a deal by saying he's gonna roll with Duvall. Walk away a while, and hopefully deal goes more our way.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I don't buy in to the "we're fine with Duvall" narrative at all.

I keep going back to the conversation AA must have had with Donaldson. I know their boys and all, but to get JD to sign a 1 year deal that early in the offseason I think he had to assure JD they were making a push for a championship this year.
    i completely doubt we're fine with duvall. as in, i think there's no chance he's even our fallback option.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    There is obviously a roster spot to be filled. And it will likely be filled by someone who primarily plays corner outfield.

I'm ok with AA exercising some patience given that there is likely to be some movement once Harper finds a landing spot. I would be very surprised if Duvall was our main option at one of the corner outfield spots.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I’ll stop ridiculing him when he supplies an acceptable explanation as to why he dropped his sig meant to ridicule me despite swearing he would never drop it when I was proven right.

Until then I’m going to point out how stupid he is at every opportunity.
    Neither person should be permitted to ridicule other posters. It’s really unfortunate because this board has potential to be really good. However, these things make it tough to read sometimes

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4maddux_cy's For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-07-2019), buck75 (01-07-2019), gcbraves (01-07-2019), NYCBrave (01-07-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    With the Duvall story, I have to assume its smoke and mirrors... at least one of the sources pushing this is DoB (and Rosenthal, but they are from the same publication now)... thus far, it seems everything DoB has reported has been direct from the FO... therefore I think its obvious that AA is putting this out there to come off as comfortable and not desperate.

The other thing this could signal is that we are focusing more on the potential of JTR and a potential upgrade at SP... I can't imagine we are prepared to go with Duvall without a couple other significant upgrades elsewhere.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4maddux_cy's View Post
    Neither person should be permitted to ridicule other posters. It’s really unfortunate because this board has potential to be really good. However, these things make it tough to read sometimes
    Correct. Sometimes if someone posts something inappropriate to the board, they deserve what is coming to them. But the insulting of people for having opinions is just ridiculous.

We come to this board to get away from our life's daily grind, to talk about a team that we all in someway or another love. If there is something that someone thinks might make this team better, or that player better than another, there is no reason to ridicule someone for having an opinion that differs from yours.

They should be banned IMO.
    Get off my lawn!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

NYCBrave (01-07-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    With the Duvall story, I have to assume its smoke and mirrors... at least one of the sources pushing this is DoB (and Rosenthal, but they are from the same publication now)... thus far, it seems everything DoB has reported has been direct from the FO... therefore I think its obvious that AA is putting this out there to come off as comfortable and not desperate.

The other thing this could signal is that we are focusing more on the potential of JTR and a potential upgrade at SP... I can't imagine we are prepared to go with Duvall without a couple other significant upgrades elsewhere.
    DoB did respond to someone on twitter that he does expect us to make an upgrade in cOF and at least one quality pitcher
    Get off my lawn!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-07-2019)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Look...AA is not going to change from the plan for these reasons:

1. Yes he wants to upgrade, but no he will not make a deal that overvalues a player.

2. We aren’t one player away.

3. AA is letting it be known he won’t over pay to GMs for the future. He’s setting a hard line.

I’m afraid there are some guys that will be very disappointed this offseason. All moves will be made or not made by the value they present. Period.

He probably has some obscure players that they have number crunched on though...no doubt.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Duvall is like the yanks saying they’ll keep gray.

It’s all posturing.

We don’t have to make an expensive move. We do if we want to defend but we don’t have to.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ2dollas For This Useful Post:

NYCBrave (01-07-2019)

NL Rookie of the Year CrazyTrain's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    I remember the argument quite well and you made a damn fool out of yourself by being wrong on attendance. You're making a bigger fool of yourself now by lying and trying to twist the facts. I've been on a lot of websites in my time and you've got to the be the nuttiest **** I've ever encountered.
    He's an intolerable douchebag. The worst.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyTrain For This Useful Post:

Garmel (01-07-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    I remember it. What you said is that anybody who thinks we're going to have a higher attendance than the first year is stupid which is so typical for you. As usual when you're wrong instead of admitting it you lie and spin.
    Again...wrong.

I said the FO was undoubtedly projecting a decline in attendance for 2018, which is why I expected payroll to be around $110M. That represented a decrease from the 2017 payroll. Lots of folks argued with me about that payroll number, including a bet I made with Ivan from TC. In the end, I was right...as usual.

As south pointed out, attendance rose as the team won. This increase of attendance allowed the Braves to add payroll at the deadline, which was awesome. The rise in attendance also allowed the Braves to most likely project additional growth in attendance this year, which is why we are likely to see a payroll of $120M+. Not quite the “at least $60M left to spend” we’ve seen blabbered, but still a nice increase.

I’ve been correctly projecting the Braves payroll for years now.

Please try to keep up when the adults are talking. You might learn something.

But keep that sig up hero! Derrrrp!!
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-07-2019 at 02:42 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    He's an intolerable douchebag. The worst.
    Two members of the Trio!

ToTT assseeemmmmbbbbllllllle!!!

Newk plus Fried plus 2 more for Bumgarner, then extend him for 6 years!! Derrrrrp!!
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-07-2019 at 02:45 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
    Follow Follow @JeffPassan
    More
    Reliever Kelvin Herrera and the Chicago White Sox are in agreement on a two-year, $18 million deal with a vesting third-year option, sources tell ESPN.
    Get off my lawn!

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
    Follow Follow @JeffPassan
    More
    Reliever Kelvin Herrera and the Chicago White Sox are in agreement on a two-year, $18 million deal with a vesting third-year option, sources tell ESPN.
    Welcome back Jim Johnson!!!

Last RP left not named Kimbrel.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    The pettiness, chirping, and continual preaching to the choir about the same idea over and over again makes visiting this board for Braves NEWS almost worthless. It appears that some posters here are only here to to confront other posters and build their post counts while adding very little to conversations. The board has changed drastically from it's inception and is no longer the "elite" Braves conversation place. Chop Country is quickly going the way of the old EPSN boards for which I am sorry to see the direction.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salmagundy For This Useful Post:

jgriff3029 (01-07-2019), NYCBrave (01-07-2019)