Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wall

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    how dumb does someone living in NY have to be to think there's a "crisis" at the border? the people closest to the border don't want it. there is no crisis. the republican party had control of the senate and house until last week. if they wanted a border wall so bad, they could've done it. they wait until they physically can't do it anymore to try and push it. how on earth do people not see thru this tactic? they could've approved the spending. they didn't because they know it's ****ing stupid.

these are people who fall for donald trump tho. the stupidity has no bounds.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Anything larger than 0 justifies the wall
    then why does the trump admin keep lying about the number
    why do you not care about the constant blatant lies
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    yes, because they were stopped, genius. they didn't even get in. they were stopped. 6 people, not 4000 like your leader told you. and none of them even got in. he blatantly lied so geniuses like you would take the bait. he knows how predictable people like you are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    yes, because they were stopped, genius. they didn't even get in. they were stopped. 6 people, not 4000 like your leader told you. and none of them even got in. he blatantly lied so geniuses like you would take the bait. he knows how predictable people like you are.
    And I guess you think that 100% are stopped?
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    This idea that because most of the apprehended drugs/individuals at the POE is damning on the wall hopes is the dumbest argument out there. Of course thats where most apprehensions happen. THAT IS WHERE THE MOST SECURITY SITS.

With a wall we are funneling everything to those POE and therefore will be able to control almost everything.

You guys are so hysterical about this you can't make simple logic out of the argument.

Show me the one place in history where a wall wasn't effective.
    Last edited by thethe; 01-10-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    This idea that because most of the apprehended drugs/individuals at the POE is damning on the wall hopes is the dumbest argument out there. Of course thats where most apprehensions happen. THAT IS WHERE THE MOST SECURITY SITS.

With a wall we are funneling everything to those POE and therefore will be able to control almost everything.

You guys are so hysterical about this you can't make simple logic out of the argument.

Show me the one place in history where a wall wasn't effective.
    I don’t think you’ve properly diagnosed the logical short circuit. The POE are where most of the seizures happen because that’s where the most enforcement resources are. Ok, fine. But the resources are allocated that way because the POE are where most of the stuff comes through. Your funnel metaphor is silly. If your interest is in stopping drugs, etc, building a wall is a gross misallocation of resources. It’s magical thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I don’t think you’ve properly diagnosed the logical short circuit. The POE are where most of the seizures happen because that’s where the most enforcement resources are. Ok, fine. But the resources are allocated that way because the POE are where most of the stuff comes through. Your funnel metaphor is silly. If your interest is in stopping drugs, etc, building a wall is a gross misallocation of resources. It’s magical thinking.
    We are basing this on apprehensions. Therefore, this is the population you are using for you analysis. The amount that is not apprehended is unknown but what we do know is that we have a massive drug issue in this country and studies have shown that these drugs are coming from south of the border so where are they getting through if we are doing such a good job at POE?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Maybe also worth mentioning that we’re talking about 6 people whose names matched names in a database. I’m not even sure if it’s been established what number of those were actually suspects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    We are basing this on apprehensions. Therefore, this is the population you are using for you analysis. The amount that is not apprehended is unknown but what we do know is that we have a massive drug issue in this country and studies have shown that these drugs are coming from south of the border so where are they getting through if we are doing such a good job at POE?
    Who’s saying they are doing a good job? The studies—by DHS, by DEA—day that drugs are coming (the cocaine, meth, and opiates, anyway, because they’re high-dollar/low physical volume, so easier to hide) through the lawful ports of entry. We’re seizing a small portion of what is smuggled. You’re arguing that we should build a border wall because you think, contrary to available data, that this must not be the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Who’s saying they are doing a good job? The studies—by DHS, by DEA—day that drugs are coming (the cocaine, meth, and opiates, anyway, because they’re high-dollar/low physical volume, so easier to hide) through the lawful ports of entry. We’re seizing a small portion of what is smuggled. You’re arguing that we should build a border wall because you think, contrary to available data, that this must not be the case.
    A wall is a permanent fixture that allows us to re-allocate resources to POE. We are absolutely fooling ourselves if we think that (a) we are able to effectively monitor the border that is non-POE thus understanding the amount of human and drug trafficking, and (b) additional future resources to POE will not enhance the amount of detection and prevention.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Rantt Media
    ‏ @RanttMedia
    47m47 minutes ago

Let's be real

"Build the wall" is code for "preserve the white majority"

Claiming undocumented immigrants want to "infest" America is code for "Latino immigrants will make America brown"

Extremists hear @realDonaldTrump, @GOP, & @FoxNews loud and clear

The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Rantt Media
    ‏ @RanttMedia
    47m47 minutes ago

Let's be real

"Build the wall" is code for "preserve the white majority"

Claiming undocumented immigrants want to "infest" America is code for "Latino immigrants will make America brown"

Extremists hear @realDonaldTrump, @GOP, & @FoxNews loud and clear

Jesus Christ you retweet some dumb****s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    This is just standard for the left.

When they can't win on the facts they just scream racist.

There is not one example throughout history where a wall didn't work. All these Democrats railing against the wall put up walls around their homes.

The only reason they are against it is because they are afraid its going to work. They won't get as much representation in census results and they won't get as many illegal votes. If illegals supported Republicans we would have a 100ft wall already.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Pelosi and her ilk support and defend ms13

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    how dumb does someone living in NY have to be to think there's a "crisis" at the border? the people closest to the border don't want it.
    there are people living in Iowa more scared of terrorism than NYers etc that actually have to deal with it

same same but different
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Anything larger than 0 justifies the wall
    man, if only you believe this for other things

once you and your boy open this box, i can't wait for a democrat or someone else to declare guns or lack of healthcare a national emergency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Pelosi and her ilk support and defend ms13
    imagine being dumb enough to type those quoted words out and act like it's true

20. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-11-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

There is not one example throughout history where a wall didn't work.
    hahahahahaha