Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Another unarmed black man gunned down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Like I said earlier... I'll always assume the cop is wrong when it comes to killing an unarmed person. If evidence comes out to justify it, I'll listen. But my initial reaction will always be that is should not have happened. Unfortunately, too many people like Garmel in this country who cop suck everything they do... when a huge amount of cops are corrupt assholes whose sole purpose is limit liberty
    Why would you assume rather than just take a neutral position and wait for evidence to come in? That's part of the reason these riots occurred in Charlotte. BLM just assumed that the guy was holding a book rather than a gun.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Is that what happened?
    That's the general argument you made that I replied to.
    thank you weso1!

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Yeah, it's terrible that a cop has the right to defend himself and shouldn't have to risk his life unnecessarily. Yes, you're the ****ed up one. Feels like I'm talking to 57.
    So to reiterate... I'm ****ed up because I think the cop was wrong for shooting this unarmed person, who... may have been high?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    That's the general argument you made that I replied to.
    My position was that there was no reason for this officer to shoot. You apparently don't agree.

Y'all's position seems to be that if the cop thinks their life is in danger at all... they have an open license to shoot.

How would that work the other way around? If a cop approaches me and puts his hand on his gun, am I allowed to grab my gun and start firing?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (09-22-2016), chop2chip (09-23-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    So to reiterate... I'm ****ed up because I think the cop was wrong for shooting this unarmed person, who... may have been high?
    I made my point clear earlier. Why do you feel a need to come up with these stupid straw man arguments?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Why would you assume rather than just take a neutral position and wait for evidence to come in? That's part of the reason these riots occurred in Charlotte. BLM just assumed that the guy was holding a book rather than a gun.
    I don't think I need a reason to assume the cop was wrong if they kill an unarmed person. If evidence proves me wrong, I'll change my mind.

If a gangster shoots a cop sitting in his car, I'll assume the gangster was wrong... Unless you want me to take a neutral position and wait for all the evidence... Hey, maybe he thought he was threatened?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (09-22-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I made my point clear earlier. Why do you feel a need to come up with these stupid straw man arguments?

I guess I keep coming back to this because it's exactly what you are inferring.

I'm ****ed up because I feel a cop was wrong for shooting an unarmed person.

You can defend it til the cows come home... and yet I'm the clueless one, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njc108 View Post
    Black Lives Matter is not a racist organization. Its true purpose is to help inform and fight for equal treatment of black citizens in America. It allows black communities to know what is going on throughout America so we can link up and support these causes with protests and money.

Now in every organization there are bad apples. But BLM is doing a lot of good. Its helping us to realize that Dr King and brother Malcolm's fight is not over just because we have a few government acts, a black president, advanced degrees, or black millionaires. No matter how rich you are.... You are still a "N". Colin is speaking about this. The treatment of Michelle Obama should show everyone that.

I just think people who think BLM is racist are living in their own little bubble. Its easy to believe this when all youve known is white supremacy. So fear of the unknown can be very scary for people who know America is changing ;-)
    BLM is nothing more than racist propaganda. They abhor factual statistics, they are led by race baiting charlatans and their end goal is truly nothing more than to add more brain dead zombies to the regressive left. The true fact of that matter is that BLM and their supporters could give two ****s about black lives.
    thank you weso1!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (09-22-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    BLM is nothing more than racist propaganda. They abhor factual statistics, they are led by race baiting charlatans and their end goal is truly nothing more than to add more brain dead zombies to the regressive left. The true fact of that matter is that BLM and their supporters could give two ****s about black lives.
    Agreed with this... all funded by George Soros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    My position was that there was no reason for this officer to shoot. You apparently don't agree.

Y'all's position seems to be that if the cop thinks their life is in danger at all... they have an open license to shoot.

How would that work the other way around? If a cop approaches me and puts his hand on his gun, am I allowed to grab my gun and start firing?
    My position is if the cop has a reasonable suspicion to think their life is in danger than they have the right to shoot. I don't think the tulsa officer had a reasonable suspicion. And she's being charged with first degree manslaughter.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    My position is if the cop has a reasonable suspicion to think their life is in danger than they have the right to shoot. I don't think the tulsa officer had a reasonable suspicion. And she's being charged with first degree manslaughter.
    OK... so then we agree.. What are we arguing about ?

And I presume you believe that I have the exact same right as a civilian against a cop? Because I have a great personal example of a cop pulling his gun on me and I nearly **** my pants... I happened to be concealed carry at the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I don't think I need a reason to assume the cop was wrong if they kill an unarmed person. If evidence proves me wrong, I'll change my mind.

If a gangster shoots a cop sitting in his car, I'll assume the gangster was wrong... Unless you want me to take a neutral position and wait for all the evidence... Hey, maybe he thought he was threatened?
    My only qualm with this is when assumptions lead to action like in the Charlotte riots. Clearly your assumptions, which are open to reevaluation by yourself aren't going to lead to riots. My problem is when these assumptions are accepted as truth and riots thus ensue.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    OK... so then we agree.. What are we arguing about ?

And I presume you believe that I have the exact same right as a civilian against a cop? Because I have a great personal example of a cop pulling his gun on me and I nearly **** my pants... I happened to be concealed carry at the time
    If you change your initial position that I replied to, which was that a person had to point a gun at a cop, then yes we agree. And yes, I absolutely think if your reasonably think your life is in danger from a cop then you have the right to defend yourself. I don't think that just because a cop draws a gun on you mean that your life is reasonably in danger. You didn't die apparently.
    thank you weso1!

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Yeah, but doesn't that cut both ways? In reference to the Charlotte incident, it sounds like the available video of the shooting doesn't jibe with the way the police reported it originally. It's far from the first time that's been the case, and that fact tends to breed mistrust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Yeah, but doesn't that cut both ways? In reference to the Charlotte incident, it sounds like the available video of the shooting doesn't jibe with the way the police reported it originally. It's far from the first time that's been the case, and that fact tends to breed mistrust.
    Absolutely it cuts both ways, but riots are occurring based on assumptions from one particular group of people, and so right now it's important for one side in particular to be reminded about taking a neutral position.
    thank you weso1!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (09-22-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    I wish the cops would just update their motto from "protect and serve" to "comply or die"
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    At about 7:36 p.m. Friday, dispatchers received a 911 call about an abandoned SUV in the middle of a street, with the driver's door open and the engine still running, Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan said Monday. The caller said a man was running from the vehicle, saying it was "going to blow."

Shelby and another officer were on their way to a domestic violence call when she came across the SUV, Jordan said.

On her way to that call, Shelby saw Crutcher standing in the middle of the road, looking down at the ground, Wood said, adding that she would have stopped and checked up on him had she not been on the other call.

She then saw the SUV parked in the middle of the street, obstructing traffic in both directions, Wood said. The engine was running when she got there, which she found odd because she assumed it was either disabled or broken down, he said.

Wood said "it's important to remember" that Shelby was on the scene with Crutcher for about a minute and a half before the start of the video clip released by police on Monday.

When Shelby approached the car, the doors were closed, and the windows were open, Wood said. She looked into the passenger's side to make sure no one was on the floor of the car, and as she was getting ready to move to the driver's side, she turned around and saw Crutcher walking toward her, Wood said.

Wood said that Shelby then said to Crutcher, "Hey, is this your car?"

Crutcher didn't respond, simply dropping his head while continuing to look at Shelby, "kind of under his brow," Wood said. Crutcher then began to put his hand into his left pocket, Wood said, adding that Shelby told Crutcher, "Hey, please keep your hands out of your pocket while you're talking to me. Let's deal with his car."

Crutcher did not respond, Wood said, so Shelby ordered him again to get his hand out of his pocket. He then pulled his hand away and put his hands up in the air, even though he was not instructed to do so, which Shelby found strange, Wood said.

Shelby tried to get Crutcher to talk to her, but he simply mumbled something unintelligible and stared at her, Wood said. He then turned and walked to the edge of the roadway and turned to look at her, his hands still in the air, Wood said. He put his hands down and started to reach into his pocket again, Wood said, and she ordered him again to get his hands out of his pocket.

At this point, Shelby, a drug recognition expert, believed Crutcher was "on something," Wood said, possibly PCP.

Shelby then radioed in that she had a subject "who is not following commands."

"You can kind of hear a degree of stress in her voice when she says that," Wood said.

Shelby then pulled out her gun and had Crutcher at gunpoint as she commanded him to get on his knees, Wood said. She pulled out a gun instead of a Taser because she thought he had a weapon, and she was planning to arrest him for being intoxicated in public and possibly obstructing the investigation, Wood said.

Shelby ordered Crutcher to stop multiple times as Crutcher walked toward the SUV with his hands up, Wood said.

But those orders cannot be heard in the audio from the dashcam video, which starts as another patrol car pulls up to the scene, showing Crutcher walking toward the SUV with his hands up as Shelby follows him, apparently with her weapon drawn and pointing at Crutcher

As the video from the helicopter begins, Crutcher was "angling" toward his car while Shelby repeatedly commanded him to stop, Wood said. His hands were still in the air.

"As a police officer, you have to wonder — why would someone ignore commands at gunpoint to get to a certain location?" Wood said.

Crutcher's arms came down, and he turned to face the car, Wood said, and he reached into the driver's side window with his left hand. That's when Shelby fired one shot and a fellow officer, Tyler Turnbough, deployed a Taser, Wood said.

Shelby believed that when Crutcher attempted to reach into the car, he was retrieving a weapon, Wood said. In her interview with homicide detectives, she said, "I was never so scared in my life as in that moment right then," according to Wood.

If he did abandon his SUV in the middle of the street, blocking traffic while it was running that gives strong credence that the dude was high or drunk.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i would like to know more about Krgrecw and what seems his extensive time around PCP
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

said 1961
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    At about 7:36 p.m. Friday, dispatchers received a 911 call about an abandoned SUV in the middle of a street, with the driver's door open and the engine still running, Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan said Monday. The caller said a man was running from the vehicle, saying it was "going to blow."

Shelby and another officer were on their way to a domestic violence call when she came across the SUV, Jordan said.

On her way to that call, Shelby saw Crutcher standing in the middle of the road, looking down at the ground, Wood said, adding that she would have stopped and checked up on him had she not been on the other call.

She then saw the SUV parked in the middle of the street, obstructing traffic in both directions, Wood said. The engine was running when she got there, which she found odd because she assumed it was either disabled or broken down, he said.

Wood said "it's important to remember" that Shelby was on the scene with Crutcher for about a minute and a half before the start of the video clip released by police on Monday.

When Shelby approached the car, the doors were closed, and the windows were open, Wood said. She looked into the passenger's side to make sure no one was on the floor of the car, and as she was getting ready to move to the driver's side, she turned around and saw Crutcher walking toward her, Wood said.

Wood said that Shelby then said to Crutcher, "Hey, is this your car?"

Crutcher didn't respond, simply dropping his head while continuing to look at Shelby, "kind of under his brow," Wood said. Crutcher then began to put his hand into his left pocket, Wood said, adding that Shelby told Crutcher, "Hey, please keep your hands out of your pocket while you're talking to me. Let's deal with his car."

Crutcher did not respond, Wood said, so Shelby ordered him again to get his hand out of his pocket. He then pulled his hand away and put his hands up in the air, even though he was not instructed to do so, which Shelby found strange, Wood said.

Shelby tried to get Crutcher to talk to her, but he simply mumbled something unintelligible and stared at her, Wood said. He then turned and walked to the edge of the roadway and turned to look at her, his hands still in the air, Wood said. He put his hands down and started to reach into his pocket again, Wood said, and she ordered him again to get his hands out of his pocket.

At this point, Shelby, a drug recognition expert, believed Crutcher was "on something," Wood said, possibly PCP.

Shelby then radioed in that she had a subject "who is not following commands."

"You can kind of hear a degree of stress in her voice when she says that," Wood said.

Shelby then pulled out her gun and had Crutcher at gunpoint as she commanded him to get on his knees, Wood said. She pulled out a gun instead of a Taser because she thought he had a weapon, and she was planning to arrest him for being intoxicated in public and possibly obstructing the investigation, Wood said.

Shelby ordered Crutcher to stop multiple times as Crutcher walked toward the SUV with his hands up, Wood said.

But those orders cannot be heard in the audio from the dashcam video, which starts as another patrol car pulls up to the scene, showing Crutcher walking toward the SUV with his hands up as Shelby follows him, apparently with her weapon drawn and pointing at Crutcher

As the video from the helicopter begins, Crutcher was "angling" toward his car while Shelby repeatedly commanded him to stop, Wood said. His hands were still in the air.

"As a police officer, you have to wonder — why would someone ignore commands at gunpoint to get to a certain location?" Wood said.

Crutcher's arms came down, and he turned to face the car, Wood said, and he reached into the driver's side window with his left hand. That's when Shelby fired one shot and a fellow officer, Tyler Turnbough, deployed a Taser, Wood said.

Shelby believed that when Crutcher attempted to reach into the car, he was retrieving a weapon, Wood said. In her interview with homicide detectives, she said, "I was never so scared in my life as in that moment right then," according to Wood.

If he did abandon his SUV in the middle of the street, blocking traffic while it was running that gives strong credence that the dude was high or drunk.
    If this what really happened. I would have shot him too. She will win the court case if this is the correct version.