Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    That said Mussina is going to get in eventually. He missed it last year by 49 votes and has already gained 5 of those missing 49 so far and gained 2 votes from 1st time voters. I suspect if he misses it this year then next year he will get in. Looks like Roy Halladay is getting enough support to make it this year along with Rivera and Edgar.

Halladay, Schilling, Smoltz all have the same kind of case, I think. You've let Smoltz in, should probably let the other two in.

Halladay is in a different generation I think and unlike Schilling or Smoltz was maybe the best pitcher in baseball for his peak.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Halladay, Schilling, Smoltz all have the same kind of case, I think. You've let Smoltz in, should probably let the other two in.

Halladay is in a different generation I think and unlike Schilling or Smoltz was maybe the best pitcher in baseball for his peak.

Halladay is a HOFer and will benefit of not having any inner circle pitchers playing when he did in their prime. His career was from 98-13 and his 65.2 fWAR is the 2nd best in that time frame (next to Johnson who had retired in 09. Truly a freak).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-11-2018)