Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On The Eve Of President Trump's Inaguration

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts

On The Eve Of President Trump's Inaguration

Going to break my personal ban on political talk for this one post.

Tomorrow, a new era in our nation's history begins as Donald Trump has his inauguration as the 45th President of The United States. One of the great things about our country is that we have a peaceful transition of leadership. A lot of countries wish they could say the same. Obviously, many people are not as excited as others about Mr. Trump taking the reigns. But we, the people, need for Donald Trump's presidency to be successful and we all need to root for that. If Donald Trump is a successful president, then our nation will be a lot better for it.

Tomorrow, before Mr. Trump takes the oath of office, I intend to take a moment and pray. A prayer for him, Vice-President to be Mike Pence, for them to be guided to make the right decisions for our country. Also, a prayer that our nation's citizens will find a way to come together. We need to be. Hopefully, we will be.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-20-2017), Garmel (01-19-2017), Runnin (01-19-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It's hard for me to be optimistic but I know that the debate will not end. Even inside the GOP and Trump's own cabinet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Going to break my personal ban on political talk for this one post.

Tomorrow, a new era in our nation's history begins as Donald Trump has his inauguration as the 45th President of The United States. One of the great things about our country is that we have a peaceful transition of leadership. A lot of countries wish they could say the same. Obviously, many people are not as excited as others about Mr. Trump taking the reigns. But we, the people, need for Donald Trump's presidency to be successful and we all need to root for that. If Donald Trump is a successful president, then our nation will be a lot better for it.

Tomorrow, before Mr. Trump takes the oath of office, I intend to take a moment and pray. A prayer for him, Vice-President to be Mike Pence, for them to be guided to make the right decisions for our country. Also, a prayer that our nation's citizens will find a way to come together. We need to be. Hopefully, we will be.
    Great post. I'll join you in that prayer.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts
    I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope it goes well over the next 4-8 years.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Great post. I'll join you in that prayer.
    LOL, you guys think you're praying for the country before he gets sworn in. :)

I'm no Trump fan but I'll take him every day and twice on Sundays before I would take this Congress full of human excrement (D and R). I will join Garmel, at least for now and be cautiously optimistic, after all what real choice do we have? Maybe bat ****e crazy and this country really are a good match for each other. :)

In all seriousness yes pray and pray and then pray some more. Even if Trump turns out to be a great president he's got his hands full with the mess our DUMAS politicians have gotten things in.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Amen. We all need to rally behind and pray for our new Commander and Chief, and hope for a very prosperous and successful 8 years.
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    we, the people, need for Donald Trump's presidency to be successful and we all need to root for that.
    I don't need to be told by any republican or any trump disciple what I need to do

I remember 8 years ago and I remember the response to a man actually winning in an electoral landslide not only in the electoral college but won the popular vote and the response was:

"Our number one political objective is to make [him] a one term president." - Sen. M. McConnell
    Everything the orange dude has said has been remembered and I remember the last 8 years to our President

Thanks but no thanks

Happy Radiohead tickets going on sale for their USA tour day though. :cheers
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    I don't need to be told by any republican or any trump disciple what I need to do

I remember 8 years ago and I remember the response to a man actually winning in an electoral landslide not only in the electoral college but won the popular vote and the response was:

Everything the orange dude has said has been remembered and I remember the last 8 years to our President

Thanks but no thanks

So you're hoping President Trump will fail?
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

Spring Training Invitee Chipper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    If it wasn't so sad, it might be funny seeing the left and right switch sides

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chipper For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-20-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I hope that he is big enough for the job. I hope that the job humbles him but does not humiliate him. I hope that he succeeds in his goal of keeping the country safe, and that he sees the value of contributing to peace and security around the world.

I hope that he succeeds in his goal of delivering prosperity to the broadest swath of American society.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-20-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Hope he is cuffed and perp walked off of the Capital steps for being the lying crooked silver spooned bastard he is.

Anyone that thinks he has the countries best interests at the top of his list is delusional

Good luck with this
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-20-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Wonder if in his inaugural address he puts all of his business holdings in a blind trust as required by law

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I just hope we get through today without anyone getting killed. Baby steps. If he somehow will leave his ego at the door, there's a chance he could be productive in quite a few areas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    If it wasn't so sad, it might be funny seeing the left and right switch sides
    This is more than likely to be the theme of the next four years though he is much more at odds with the GOP on several issues than Obama was with Dems so there's that dynamic, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I just hope we get through today without anyone getting killed. .

We are supposed to be celebrating the peacefull transition of power today.
    but reduced to hoping no one gets killed..

What did we do ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    We are supposed to be celebrating the peacefull transition of power today.
    but reduced to hoping no one gets killed..

What did we do ?
    Well a major part of it is our collective anger and refusal to accept outcomes we don't like or acknowledge different points of view. Tension is already sky high and with thousands and thousands of people out there today, odds are someone starts some ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I accept the outcome, he won.
    Disagree with direction but every two and four years we have a corrective mechanism

Never had,there been a PEOTUS that has shown such disrespect and contempt for everything not bearing his name

It's not like all of these conflicts of interest are new.
    People had a choice and choose to allow a shell game operator the nuclear codes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    I accept the outcome, he won.
    Disagree with direction but every two and four years we have a corrective mechanism

Never had,there been a PEOTUS that has shown such disrespect and contempt for everything not bearing his name

It's not like all of these conflicts of interest are new.
    People had a choice and choose to allow a shell game operator the nuclear codes.
    Well my post was just as much directed at Trump and Republicans as it was you. Many of the same people who are decrying the protesters today also never gave Obama a chance from day one. They could not accept the thinking of voters and saw him as a foreign-born, secret agent Muslim hooligan determined to destroy the country. He's got three and a half hours left.

There are a good bit of people on the left today who believe or just say out of their ass that any difference of opinion is a racist one. I need something a little more intellectually-compelling. Get off the Twitter, stop proclaiming the end of the world and go make the country a better place from the ground up.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Trump to learn to be humble and graceful, but he has to for us to function. He has to learn to hear the voices of those who didn't support him and not automatically launch into tirades.

The previous 44 men for the most part respected the office. He needs to do the same.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (01-20-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    So you're hoping President Trump will fail?
    Since you asked that, I also remember what the fantasy Rush said too when Obama took office

Before you try to paint me into whatever corner you are trying to do
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

Thanks but no thanks

Your memory is wrong. Sen. M. McConnell said that in 2010.