Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Russia scandal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Why was it OK that muellers team donated money to democrats though? Why are they now not biased?

If Obama was being investigated do you want a Republican or a Democrat doing the investigation? If he has nothing it doesn't matter who it is.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    It's a matter of public record that this particular echelon of the profession donates more to Democrats than Republicans, by a significant margin...as does the profession as a whole.

A lot of the attorneys that the Trump administration folks have retained are also significant D donors. Hell, Trump's lead attorney has donated to some very prominent left-leaning D's.

What this means to me is that, while it doesn't guarantee a lack of bias, it at least indicates that they have been able to do their jobs without bias and adhere to the ethical standards of their profession in the course of reaching that level of professional success. Is it always going to work that way? Probably not. Does it, generally? Yes.
    I think that's a fair argument but there is still overlap between what you felt didn't impair the objectivity of an investigation and what does.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    If Obama was being investigated do you want a Republican or a Democrat doing the investigation? If he has nothing it doesn't matter who it is.
    I would want someone who was bias because it lines up with my bias. That doesn't mean it's the right choice.

We are now basically a year into the investigation and no smoking gun. Let's check back in after year 3.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I would want someone who was bias because it lines up with my bias. That doesn't mean it's the right choice.

We are now basically a year into the investigation and no smoking gun. Let's check back in after year 3.
    So, shorter than the Whitewater, Benghazi, or Watergate investigations, is what you're saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So, shorter than the Whitewater, Benghazi, or Watergate investigations, is what you're saying.
    This will go on for a long time because they won't stop until they find something. Obviously that is the point of the investigation but we've been told countless times how it was proven and trump is going to be impeached.

Spring Training Invitee Chipper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Why was it OK that muellers team donated money to democrats though? Why are they now not biased?
    Everyone is biased. The Supreme Court should be the most unbiased group in the country, but both sides fight over getting "their" judge appointed.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    thethe has to be the most paranoid person in the world not named alex jones
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-19-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,759 Posts
    Trump finally tweeted about it!

Good thing he's been in office for almost 10 months already! One day people will see past his diversion and smokescreen tactics.
    Forever Fredi

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    thethe has to be the most paranoid person in the world not named alex jones
    Think about it, have you ever actually seen thethe and Alex Jones in the room at the same time??? ;)
    Last edited by Oklahomahawk; 10-19-2017 at 06:56 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-19-2017), jpx7 (10-19-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post

Good thing he's been in office for almost 10 months already! One day people will see past his diversion and smokescreen tactics.

The pee tape is real

We just need that poker tell of his to know he's lying "trust me..."
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post

Of course he did. It was on Fox and Friends. Dude is like clockwork.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-19-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    There is no evidence Clinton herself got involved in the deal personally, and it is highly questionable that this deal even rose to the level of the secretary of state. Theoretically, as Schweizer says, Clinton could have intervened. But even then, it ultimately would have been Obama’s decision whether to suspend or block the deal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6b32c9d570a9

The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    There is no evidence Clinton herself got involved in the deal personally

Wait... we require evidence now when speaking about Russia?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Wait... we require evidence now when speaking about Russia?
    Smirk.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    So is the Mercer family the "actual left's" version of George Soros? I thought that role was reserved for the Koch bros.

I get lost in mega-wealthy boogeyman angle game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    So is the Mercer family the "actual left's" version of George Soros? I thought that role was reserved for the Koch bros.

I get lost in mega-wealthy boogeyman angle game.
    I dunno. You tell me. They invested $10M in Breitbart, $5M in Cambridge Analytica, and gave at least $2M to Citizens United. Bannon and David Bossie from CU ended up running Trump's campaign and CA did their data work. They've backed Bannon in lots of his other ventures. They bankrolled the Clinton Cash book and documentary (c.f. the recent piece that had Bannon and Yiannopolous celebrating its publication aboard Robert Mercer's yacht).

That seems a whole lot more specific and substantial than the vague Soros bogeyman stories about BLM and "paid protesters."

But, yeah, the mega-rich bankroll our political infrastructure, in a particularly un-transparent way. This is the post-Citizens United vs. Clinton world we live in. The Kochs, the Mercers, Sheldon Adelson, George Soros, Tom Steyer... but I'm making a specific allegation about where the money for a specific project came from. Are you disputing it?

Are you disputing that the Mercers bankrolled the Clinton Cash book, or that they're the money behind Breitbart and various other Bannon ventures?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-20-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    More to the point, do you think that the story at issue is on the level? Do you think that its genesis makes it a teensy bit suspect?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I dunno. You tell me. They invested $10M in Breitbart, $5M in Cambridge Analytica, and gave at least $2M to Citizens United. Bannon and David Bossie from CU ended up running Trump's campaign and CA did their data work. They've backed Bannon in lots of his other ventures. They bankrolled the Clinton Cash book and documentary (c.f. the recent piece that had Bannon and Yiannopolous celebrating its publication aboard Robert Mercer's yacht).

That seems a whole lot more specific and substantial than the vague Soros bogeyman stories about BLM and "paid protesters."

But, yeah, the mega-rich bankroll our political infrastructure, in a particularly un-transparent way. This is the post-Citizens United vs. Clinton world we live in. The Kochs, the Mercers, Sheldon Adelson, George Soros, Tom Steyer... but I'm making a specific allegation about where the money for a specific project came from. Are you disputing it?

Are you disputing that the Mercers bankrolled the Clinton Cash book, or that they're the money behind Breitbart and various other Bannon ventures?
    No, I'm not disputing it. And I'm not surprised that they are a part of the money (although I do think it's important to distinguish that they are not all of the money) behind these various ventures/causes. That's what these individuals do - they donate to things that advance their politi-ideological interests. Politics is doused in shady money and I don't think where it comes from is necessarily revelatory at all.

That a conservative would help fund a project that assails liberal ideologues/causes is not shocking. Do you think a liberal would make that investment?

For what it's worth, I'm all about extracting excessive/illegal/corporate/mega donations it from the political sphere by whatever means necessary.
    Last edited by Hawk; 10-19-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    More to the point, do you think that the story at issue is on the level? Do you think that its genesis makes it a teensy bit suspect?
    I honestly haven't had a chance to follow it aside from skimming the posts in this thread. Just finishing up a cross-country move that's kept me in a relative news/pop culture void for the past week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I think that every dime that is donated to the advancement of any political cause should be 100% transparent. No dark money, no Super-PACs, no ambiguity. That seems like a reasonable position.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-20-2017)