Page 459 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3594094494574584594604614695095599591459 ... LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,180 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You are making such an odd point. The whole purpose of the trump supporter is that they are actually listening to what the science said and not basing their decision on a recommendation which is what the democtats and media did.

Outrageous to defend any suppression of HCQ now rhats iys so apparent it is a 'game changer'.
    Oh, man. If Trump supporters are actually listening to the science on this one, it would be a first. But, hey, progress! A medical professional should not be making their decisions based on some **** they read on the internet or heard their favorite politician say, regardless of who that politician is. Why would you want that? Where do you think they learn things about medicine and treatment? I am really confused on why anyone would want this. Ugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Oh, man. If Trump supporters are actually listening to the science on this one, it would be a first. But, hey, progress! A medical professional should not be making their decisions based on some **** they read on the internet or heard their favorite politician say, regardless of who that politician is. Why would you want that? Where do you think they learn things about medicine and treatment? I am really confused on why anyone would want this. Ugh.
    Why wouldn't you want doctors reading stuff on the internet. Thats literally where all updated information is stored now.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Why wouldn't you want doctors reading stuff on the internet. Thatsnluterally where all updated information is stored now.
    I don't want them making their decisions solely based on that. This is so weird. I really don't understand how you think this stuff works. Do you think doctors get their degree and then they are on their own and there is nothing in place to make sure they have a continued education? Politics should not come into play with any decision a doctor, scientist, etc make. And if your doctor only listens to science when it is coming from their political party, you have a bad doctor.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    A look at what happened in Arizona.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...covid-outbreak
    No mention of the border which is a huge factor. California isn't as opened as the southern states and they're getting hammered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I don't want them making their decisions solely based on that. This is so weird. I really don't understand how you think this stuff works. Do you think doctors get their degree and then they are on their own and there is nothing in place to make sure they have a continued education? Politics should not come into play with any decision a doctor, scientist, etc make. And if your doctor only listens to science when it is coming from their political party, you have a bad doctor.
    A doctor can absolutely make calls based on research done. Whats the point of becoming a doctor if you can make health decisions independently?

THIS WAS NOT A DANGEROUS DRUG!

Off label usage is not uncommon. The doctors should be able to make decisions with their patients.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    And if your doctor is not continuing their education through the methods available, that also makes them a bad doctor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    A doctor can absolutely make calls based on research done. Whats the point of becoming a doctor if you can make health decisions independently?

THIS WAS NOT A DANGEROUS DRUG!

Off label usage is not uncommon. The doctors should be able to make decisions with their patients.
    Dude...you are totally missing the point. Forget it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    I could include numerous conflicting studies. Peoplr are acting like its a sure thing that they are preventing g spread in any material way.
    I was just asking what you meant by "unnecessary ask". Is there a typo there or you didn't like me asking the question?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I was just asking what you meant by "unnecessary ask". Is there a typo there or you didn't like me asking the question.
    No...an ask from the government.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And if your doctor is not continuing their education through the methods available, that also makes them a bad doctor.
    Yes. And one way of doing this is reading medical research papers that alhave relevancy to what they will be exposed to.

These are found on the line
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Yes. And one way of doing this is reading medical research papers that alhave relevancy to what they will be exposed to.

These are found on the line
    And you think there aren't methods in place to make sure doctors get the correct and updated research? Do you think they are on their own on this and are exposed by the media in the same way we are? I mean, I know better. I am a member for one of the systems in place for scientists in this regard. If your doctor's decisions are being influenced by politics, ESPECIALLY in regards to what science they are exposing themselves to, you have a bad doctor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And you think there aren't methods in place to make sure doctors get the correct and updated research? Do you think they are on their own on this and are exposed by the media in the same way we are? I mean, I know better. I am a member for one of the systems in place for scientists in this regard. If your doctor's decisions are being influenced by politics, ESPECIALLY in regards to what science they are exposing themselves to, you have a bad doctor.
    There were surveys at the time that showed doctors believe it was the best treatment. HCQ was purchased in bulk by doctors all across the world.

Pretending that this was some crackpot pseudo science on the internet is diverting from the real fact that the information was deliberately supressed for political and monetary (big pharma) reasons.

Somehow with the prospect of tebs of thiusands that could have been saved we are blaming trump for the crime of RECOMMENDING ITS USAGE.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-08-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Shocking! Hot singles in your area cure Coronavirus with this one weird trick!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewdat For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (07-08-2020), thewupk (07-08-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    There were surveys at the time that showed doctors believe it was the best treatment. HCQ was purchased in bulk by doctors all across the world.

Pretending that this was some crackpot pseudo science on the internet is diverting from the real fact that the information was deliberately supressed for political and monetary (big pharma) reasons.

Somehow with the prospect of tebs of thiusands that could have been saved we are blaming trump for the crime of RECOMMENDING ITS USAGE.
    So...if it was purchased in bulk by doctors all across the world, what did being a Trump supporter have to do with your doctor having it available?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    It is hard to take this sort of thing seriously. You are acting like Trump knew anything at all when he recommended it. He literally said he was recommending it because he had a good feeling about it. He said this when there was no info out there on what dosage could potentially be effective, what side effects to expect and manage, what underlying conditions to avoid when prescribing, etc. That is irresponsible at best, and any doctor who prescribed it as anything other than a last resort while those questions were still out there was making an unethical decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Trump is the president. He has medical experts on staff. He should not be the one making recommendations. He did it because he has an ego and wants to try to prove he's a genius by parroting bits of information he heard (but didn't understand) in a meeting.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (07-08-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Trump is the president. He has medical experts on staff. He should not be the one making recommendations. He did it because he has an ego and wants to try to prove he's a genius by parroting bits of information he heard (but didn't understand) in a meeting.
    It's been reported Larry Ellison turned him onto it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...-report-2020-4

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/u...aria-drug.html
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So...if it was purchased in bulk by doctors all across the world, what did being a Trump supporter have to do with your doctor having it available?
    Because it is statistically more likely that read all the studies on HCQ, both positive and negative, if younwere conservative in nature. Positive impacts were literally blocked out of reality for the left and never presented to their audience.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Because it is statistically more likely that read all the studies on HCQ, both positive and negative, if younwere conservative in nature. Positive impacts were literally blocked out of reality for the left and never presented to their audience.
    It is insane to me that you think a good doctor gets their information like this.