Page 45 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Around The Majors 2019

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Javy Baez walked it off with a pinch hit RBI single to RF in the bottom of the 9th, Cubs won it 3-2.
    FKA Ozzie's Chainz

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Got to take the L sometimes.

I've been used to it over the years.
    Braves / Panthers / Lakers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acuña’s Bat Flip View Post
    Javy Baez walked it off with a pinch hit RBI single to RF in the bottom of the 9th, Cubs won it 3-2.
    Again. Damn
    Coppy

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Glad to see the Nats falling apart once more. Looking like a 2 team race again for the division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Glad to see the Nats falling apart once more. Looking like a 2 team race again for the division.
    Nats should trade us Doolittle as an F you to the Phillies and Harper

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    The Faillies are 2-5 against winning teams these last 3 series. Were the Braves are 7-3 against winning teams in their last 10.

I really think the starting pitching depth for the faillies is going to drag them down and it might be sooner than later.
    Coppy

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    The Faillies are 2-5 against winning teams these last 3 series. Were the Braves are 7-3 against winning teams in their last 10.

I really think the starting pitching depth for the faillies is going to drag them down and it might be sooner than later.
    Phillies next 6 series. at Brewers, vs Cards, at Dodgers, at Padres, vs Cin, vs AZ.

Braves next 6 series. at STL, vs Det, vs Was for 2, at Pit, at Mia, vs Pit.

Then a series at Suntrust vs the Phillies. Would be nice to gain another game today, or at worst stay even.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

Agreed. It's not great and it'll continue to be an issue as the season goes on.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

been saying this for..how long? since last year when their pitchers were not only over-performing, but ended up ridiculously healthy all year?
    they've had an injury (VV) and general ineffectiveness (Pivetta) already and it's hurt them. Arrieta continues his steady but sure decline. their BP has been a mixed bag.
    Nola is likely to regain form as the season wears on (and he probably had his best career year last year) but...that's about it for the bright sides with their pitching staff. i just hope they think it's good enough for long enough and don't sign Keuchel. but even him, at this point, won't be a good contributor at least for a little bit, and won't come close to solving their overall depth issues.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    been saying this for..how long? since last year when their pitchers were not only over-performing, but ended up ridiculously healthy all year?
    they've had an injury (VV) and general ineffectiveness (Pivetta) already and it's hurt them. Arrieta continues his steady but sure decline. their BP has been a mixed bag.
    Nola is likely to regain form as the season wears on (and he probably had his best career year last year) but...that's about it for the bright sides with their pitching staff. i just hope they think it's good enough for long enough and don't sign Keuchel. but even him, at this point, won't be a good contributor at least for a little bit, and won't come close to solving their overall depth issues.
    I bet they spend stupid money on Cole this offseason. It'll be interesting to see if they make a run at him and/or Rendon because both fill pretty big needs.

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    I bet they spend stupid money on Cole this offseason. It'll be interesting to see if they make a run at him and/or Rendon because both fill pretty big needs.
    The Phillies with Rendon would be a freaking insane lineup. This is off the top of my head, so errors be damned:

McCutchen LF, Harper RF, Rendon 3B, Hoskins 1B, JT Realmuto C, Segura SS, Hernandez 2B, Herrera CF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    The Phillies with Rendon would be a freaking insane lineup. This is off the top of my head, so errors be damned:

McCutchen LF, Harper RF, Rendon 3B, Hoskins 1B, JT Realmuto C, Segura SS, Hernandez 2B, Herrera CF.
    let's hope they do it
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    let's hope they do it
    I'd prefer they dont do it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post

meh. aging Cutch. Hoskins is as streaky as they come, very good hitter but not a star. Harper may be legit regressing already (K-rate has increased 3 years straight, tho his defense is grading out much better so far). Realmuto has a 105 wRC+ so far this year. been very good all around, tho. segura is solid, but unspectacular. cesar is very likely over-performing. odubel is sharply declining.
    rendon would be their best player by miles. would certainly improve the team. but i think they'd still be overrated.

the Braves should take the East this year.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I'd prefer they dont do it.
    i wouldn't mind. they'd have tons of money tied up long-term in aging players. they'd still need 3-4 starting pitchers. their minors are just OK IMO so can't count on anything there.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    looking thru their FG top 30 prospects..most of their guys are taking a beating this year.
    those who aren't (Bohm, Howard) are clearly old for their levels.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i wouldn't mind. they'd have tons of money tied up long-term in aging players. they'd still need 3-4 starting pitchers. their minors are just OK IMO so can't count on anything there.
    Their best way to improve are through spending money though since the farm isnt bringing up much.

The Realmuto trade helps now, but in a couple years, they could really use Sixto behind Nola in a few years.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    The Faillies rebuild sort of took a different turn. They had you g players all over the field and a ton of money cleared off books. Then they suddenly shipped everyone but Nola/Hoskins/few margin pitchers off. Kicked Kingery and Williams our of a starting role and got guys who been in the league a while. Felt very Yankeeish. But I think they focused way to much on the offensive side. Though the Jean S. Trade was a gift.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Their best way to improve are through spending money though since the farm isnt bringing up much.
    has its risks and downfalls tho. plus they've already tied some of it up for a while. keep handing out those contracts is my position.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    The Faillies rebuild sort of took a different turn. They had you g players all over the field and a ton of money cleared off books. Then they suddenly shipped everyone but Nola/Hoskins/few margin pitchers off. Kicked Kingery and Williams our of a starting role and got guys who been in the league a while. Felt very Yankeeish. But I think they focused way to much on the offensive side. Though the Jean S. Trade was a gift.
    Carlos Santana has actually rebounded a bit this year. tho either way, he had no place on the Phillies roster (he didn't when they signed him either, of course). they are insanely lucky someone bailed them out of that. big time. he would've screwed them this year.
    Kingery was awful last year (tho i think he'll rebound and end up a solid player, prob not a star however)..Nick Williams just stinks, period...i don't think their young players were ever that great. i don't think their farm was ever that great.