Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    To me thats an indication we are going to see Bautista in the OF more than 3b. At least that is what I'm hoping for.
    what purpose does culberson have?

What makes you think he's going to be an OF when he's playing 3B? I know Tucker went down but we still have Acuna, Ender, Neck and maybe Comargo can play OF.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post

What makes you think he's going to be an OF when he's playing 3B? I know Tucker went down but we still have Acuna, Ender, Neck and maybe Comargo can play OF.
    Kinda wonder if AA's got a potential taker for him and they're just trying to work out a return he likes.

Can't imagine it'd be much, but getting him in there yesterday might have at least baited the hook enough that someone else doesn't want to gamble that Charlie makes it all the way to them if he's DFAd and they're willing to give up a marginal fringe prospect/suspect.

Adding Gosselin yesterday gives you the obvious depth replacement for Culberson (that's already tucked away) if he has to be exposed, but maybe there's a "nobody" out there that one of Alex' guys likes enough to take a closer look at.
    Last edited by clvclv; 05-04-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Am I the only person other than AA who thinks Bats can put up a 750 ops? That's about avg of the last two years.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Now that Markakis has Joey Batts to protect him he is the favorite in the NL for MVP

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Kinda wonder if AA's got a potential taker for him and they're just trying to work out a return he likes.

Can't imagine it'd be much, but getting him in there yesterday might have at least baited the hook enough that someone else doesn't want to gamble that Charlie makes it all the way to them if he's DFAd and they're willing to give up a marginal fringe prospect/suspect.

Adding Gosselin yesterday gives you the obvious depth replacement for Culberson (that's already tucked away) if he has to be exposed, but maybe there's a "nobody" out there that one of Alex' guys likes enough to take a closer look at.
    AA did say on the radio this morning that he might be traveling with the team to Tampa....I wonder if he is working on something now.
    Get off my lawn!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (05-04-2018), jpx7 (05-04-2018)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

I have not scrolled past this post yet. I have a feeling it gets really really fun a few posts down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post

I can't believe that Culberson wasn't DFAed. AA must really like him.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    we are getting to naked pictures level of power here. We have Albies, Comargo and Dansby who can play SS. We have Comargo, RF, and Batts to play 3rd. He's not a good PH. If AA is thinking of a defensive sub late like they did with Tucker....Comargo of RF is still better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    AA really likes his plus defense at short, same as I do. AA knows that defense at short is very important. The only reason Camargo played short yesterday is because if you are starting him at short the next few games while Swanson is out, then might as well keep him in that one spot than make him go back and forth between games. That was my guess anyway.

That said, Culberson still might get DFA'd at some point but I don't think AA is ready to just give him away to the Dodgers, etc.