Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    So the 'top gun' flies to the rescue in a giant gun container to stand surrounded by protectors with guns to deliver a speech promoting more gun control. Makes sense, I guess.
    Glad you enjoyed the photo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    it is a fun line to say

just like when the pope old mobile drove around in bullet proof glass popemobile "nothing shouts faith in God like driving around in bulletproof glass"
    There's plenty of hypocrisy to go around.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i really don't know if it's genuine hypocrisy though

i don't think being for gun control means you can't have guns

and i think it speaks to the population that does own guns that he has to have that to protect himself from the crazies with guns in this country
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    When Americans think about deaths from guns, we tend to focus on homicides. But the problem of gun suicide is inescapable: More than 60 percent of people in this country who die from guns die by suicide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/up...tnyt&smtyp=cur

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i really don't know if it's genuine hypocrisy though

i don't think being for gun control means you can't have guns

and i think it speaks to the population that does own guns that he has to have that to protect himself from the crazies with guns in this country
    That's the point we've reached in this country, you can't be for reasonable control over which psychopaths aren't allowed to have guns (which I would like to see) without also being against regular folks having guns to hunt with or protect their family with (which I don't like)

It's that way about almost everything these days and the far left mouthpieces and networks and the far right website, and talk radio and Faux are not just pouring gasoline on the fire, they're literally pumping it on there. THOSE are the aholes, on both sides, who are destroying this country and all we ever seem to do as Americans is take one side or the other and ignore the rest of the facts involved.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    That's the point we've reached in this country, you can't be for reasonable control over which psychopaths aren't allowed to have guns (which I would like to see) without also being against regular folks having guns to hunt with or protect their family with (which I don't like)

It's that way about almost everything these days and the far left mouthpieces and networks and the far right website, and talk radio and Faux are not just pouring gasoline on the fire, they're literally pumping it on there. THOSE are the aholes, on both sides, who are destroying this country and all we ever seem to do as Americans is take one side or the other and ignore the rest of the facts involved.
    I don't own any guns, never had. I don't hunt (wasteless time trying to find an elk or deer for hours is not appealing). But if any gun owning burgler come in to my house, first, the dog will assault you, a 100 pd Lab with some very big teeth will ignore your shots. THen the kids are instructed to head to our main bedroom that is double bolted and secure from any gunshots.

I don't have any valuables, the $600 TV is of no consequence. Shots will be monitored by the police, sheriffs are really good. But the thing is I have no gun, but I have two Katanas and most men would fall asleep like me, watching TV, no SkinaMAX but some HG or History show for me. The dog will bark when something is not right and I will go to my weapons which the kids have no chance of getting and I will just put it against their neck. No shots, no harm but I will call the police and have them arrested. If they are stupid and try me, they will have no head or I will choke them out if they drop the guns. Blood is something I have to pay for when I replace the carpet but it shows that guns can be prevented and you have the means to protect yourselves at home.

I am against guns. Even I go to bars and see fisticuffs and see visual guns, they never draw them and I understand why. Fight man to man but if one person draws I have a feeling the other will to. As a conceal and carry state we have not seen this once but a lot of gun deaths of those who did not have weapons to defend themselves. I had my issues with people in bars but I am not a small person and my stare can be intimidating, but I know they won't draw a gun on me in front of a lot of people as well.

Dalyn, Bedell and Okie see my face, they can see I am not a small person and intimidating.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    I don't own any guns, never had. I don't hunt (wasteless time trying to find an elk or deer for hours is not appealing). But if any gun owning burgler come in to my house, first, the dog will assault you, a 100 pd Lab with some very big teeth will ignore your shots. THen the kids are instructed to head to our main bedroom that is double bolted and secure from any gunshots.

I don't have any valuables, the $600 TV is of no consequence. Shots will be monitored by the police, sheriffs are really good. But the thing is I have no gun, but I have two Katanas and most men would fall asleep like me, watching TV, no SkinaMAX but some HG or History show for me. The dog will bark when something is not right and I will go to my weapons which the kids have no chance of getting and I will just put it against their neck. No shots, no harm but I will call the police and have them arrested. If they are stupid and try me, they will have no head or I will choke them out if they drop the guns. Blood is something I have to pay for when I replace the carpet but it shows that guns can be prevented and you have the means to protect yourselves at home.

I am against guns. Even I go to bars and see fisticuffs and see visual guns, they never draw them and I understand why. Fight man to man but if one person draws I have a feeling the other will to. As a conceal and carry state we have not seen this once but a lot of gun deaths of those who did not have weapons to defend themselves. I had my issues with people in bars but I am not a small person and my stare can be intimidating, but I know they won't draw a gun on me in front of a lot of people as well.

Dalyn, Bedell and Okie see my face, they can see I am not a small person and intimidating.
    And I am none of those, I"m about 5' 10" and a little under 200 lbs, I've lost about 33 lbs since school was out in May. I'm supposed to go to Hot Springs in the morning to get a "Teacher of the Year" award, but I'm not going to be able to go. Thursday afternoon I went from OK but tired, to laying on my office floor in front of my little fan, trying not to puke or pass out. Stomach virus I suppose, though I have been diagnosed by friends and family with everything from stomach virus to food poisoning, to gall bladder issues, to appendicitis. I've now had 4 sinus infections and a stomach bug (I guess that's what it was) since January 1st. Not having cancer is great, but radiation kills the hell out of your immune system. Does that sound like someone who could fight off an intruder? I have more guns that John Wayne and anyone who breaks into my house will either kill me or I'll kill him, it really is that simple. I"m not going out to shoot anyone, though there are plenty of people I don't care for. I use mine for home and property defense, period. Also, you might check into the crime rates in McCurtain county OK, they're a little worse than quite a few places in this country. On the road where I live there are two different gangs (not really an accurate word in this case) of post HS young people who find people gone, break in and steal their stuff and go and sell it to pawn shops, etc., They authorities know who they are, but because they know and like their parents they just look the other way and let the insurances companies take care of it. The OSBI tried to come down here and investigate but the local sheriff told them they weren't welcome. That same sheriff recently got elected to the OK state house.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    And I am none of those, I"m about 5' 10" and a little under 200 lbs, I've lost about 33 lbs since school was out in May. I'm supposed to go to Hot Springs in the morning to get a "Teacher of the Year" award, but I'm not going to be able to go. Thursday afternoon I went from OK but tired, to laying on my office floor in front of my little fan, trying not to puke or pass out. Stomach virus I suppose, though I have been diagnosed by friends and family with everything from stomach virus to food poisoning, to gall bladder issues, to appendicitis. I've now had 4 sinus infections and a stomach bug (I guess that's what it was) since January 1st. Not having cancer is great, but radiation kills the hell out of your immune system. Does that sound like someone who could fight off an intruder? I have more guns that John Wayne and anyone who breaks into my house will either kill me or I'll kill him, it really is that simple. I"m not going out to shoot anyone, though there are plenty of people I don't care for. I use mine for home and property defense, period. Also, you might check into the crime rates in McCurtain county OK, they're a little worse than quite a few places in this country. On the road where I live there are two different gangs (not really an accurate word in this case) of post HS young people who find people gone, break in and steal their stuff and go and sell it to pawn shops, etc., They authorities know who they are, but because they know and like their parents they just look the other way and let the insurances companies take care of it. The OSBI tried to come down here and investigate but the local sheriff told them they weren't welcome. That same sheriff recently got elected to the OK state house.
    Keep the gun to keep you safe if it is your comfort zone.

I do not want to kill anyone unless I have to, I rather choke them out and have the skill to do it if necessary. But my kids are my life and if I see danger of them then as a human being directed by a higher being, I would have to take a life.

As a black person I am of the few that cannot pull a trigger on someone, regardless of the situation. It is stupid that I want to do man on man combat which in most cases I would win, but how the world is today, I don' think I will get the honor of one on one combat.

I will never purchase a gun though and there is nothing in the house you want except the TV, but good luck getting that out by the time the sheriff gets you when they are a mile away and a city policeman literally next door and I have his phone number and he knows I don't have guns and two swords and a big dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    In your condition, it is best you have a gun for protection.

As a male nearing 50, I am 6'1 and around 230 lbs and in good shape, well you see my pics, so I am not worried about hoodlums. We do not take medicine for pain in this house nor we do MJ or any narcotics. My kids never take any drugs, nor my wife. I have to but not of the pain meds, to be honest, if I don't need to sleep during surgery I want to be awake and I don't want pain meds, they mess with my head. So all pain numbing medicine is banned as I am allergic to them. My pain tolerance is highest on record to the doc and I am proud of it. You open me up, I want to be awake, being under is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE to me.

I had stomach surgery as you know, they had a hard time keeping me under. It is like I did not like what they were doing and fought it and I didn't realize it.

I was 275 lbs at the time of surgery. I am 230 to 235 right now and playing softball and basketball like I was 20. By the middle of the season I was automatically walked because of the 330 foot homers (aided with $500 bats) and basketball the 20 year olds hated me because of my brutality on the court using my professional league playing abilities on them. Such pansies.

I love pain, it makes me feel stronger and that is why if I had to fight and you don't quit, you are dead. Because you have to kill me is how I feel. I shave with isopropyl alcohol and a straight knife. The burning sensation is like heaven to me. Yeah think of "Predator" of the black man with a straight razor, it FEELS DAMN GOOD.

...I am shaving now, isopropyl and a straight razor at my desk and it burns......the feeling is good.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    In your condition, it is best you have a gun for protection.

As a male nearing 50, I am 6'1 and around 230 lbs and in good shape, well you see my pics, so I am not worried about hoodlums. We do not take medicine for pain in this house nor we do MJ or any narcotics. My kids never take any drugs, nor my wife. I have to but not of the pain meds, to be honest, if I don't need to sleep during surgery I want to be awake and I don't want pain meds, they mess with my head. So all pain numbing medicine is banned as I am allergic to them. My pain tolerance is highest on record to the doc and I am proud of it. You open me up, I want to be awake, being under is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE to me.

I had stomach surgery as you know, they had a hard time keeping me under. It is like I did not like what they were doing and fought it and I didn't realize it.

I was 275 lbs at the time of surgery. I am 230 to 235 right now and playing softball and basketball like I was 20. By the middle of the season I was automatically walked because of the 330 foot homers (aided with $500 bats) and basketball the 20 year olds hated me because of my brutality on the court using my professional league playing abilities on them. Such pansies.

I love pain, it makes me feel stronger and that is why if I had to fight and you don't quit, you are dead. Because you have to kill me is how I feel. I shave with isopropyl alcohol and a straight knife. The burning sensation is like heaven to me. Yeah think of "Predator" of the black man with a straight razor, it FEELS DAMN GOOD.

...I am shaving now, isopropyl and a straight razor at my desk and it burns......the feeling is good.

Dude, you worry me sometimes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Dude, you worry me sometimes...
    I am good. The wife says I've looked better since we've dated.

Going on 3 times the schit I put her through during those times she agrees I need to be awake during surgeries. Almost all sleep inducing medicines is banned for me. In the future they have to have medicine that numb the areas if I require surgery.

1. Being awake 4 straight days no sleep is not good.
    2. Hiccupping a week straight is not good.
    3. Seeing double vision, ghost and other things is not good.
    4. Pacing non stop for 5 days is not good.

Now you know why going under is a no no and you are right about worry sometimes. Look at my past Facebook entries on this crap, not pretty.

I've purposely banned any narcotic for pain outside of Aspirin, ALL of them. I threw bottles of high price Codein derivatives in the garbage because they f*ck with my brain and I didn't like it. Drug dealers would pay a fortune in the pills I threw away.

Doc says I am one tough mother*cker to cope with the pain without meds.

Don't laugh, throwing up is what I hate the most and it terrifies me. LMAO!!!! I have medicine to prevent it if it gets out of hand.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I am good. The wife says I've looked better since we've dated.

Going on 3 times the schit I put her through during those times she agrees I need to be awake during surgeries. Almost all sleep inducing medicines is banned for me. In the future they have to have medicine that numb the areas if I require surgery.

1. Being awake 4 straight days no sleep is not good.
    2. Hiccupping a week straight is not good.
    3. Seeing double vision, ghost and other things is not good.
    4. Pacing non stop for 5 days is not good.

Now you know why going under is a no no and you are right about worry sometimes. Look at my past Facebook entries on this crap, not pretty.

I've purposely banned any narcotic for pain outside of Aspirin, ALL of them. I threw bottles of high price Codein derivatives in the garbage because they f*ck with my brain and I didn't like it. Drug dealers would pay a fortune in the pills I threw away.

Doc says I am one tough mother*cker to cope with the pain without meds.

Don't laugh, throwing up is what I hate the most and it terrifies me. LMAO!!!! I have medicine to prevent it if it gets out of hand.
    yeah I remember you telling me some of this back when you had your surgery. I had a little "incident" with a table saw a couple of years ago and they gave me morphine and oxycodone and neither really did much of anything for me, though the oxycodone did make me go to sleep which I suppose was a good thing. During our inservice this past May I asked the police officer from the drug task force here in this area why some people seemed to like things, and the "hydros" they give you when you have tooth problems and procedures, which I had quite a few a few years back. Those things don't do anything for me either, so I asked him why some people would pretty much kill to get them and they do nothing for me. He told me, "that's because you don't take 10 of them at a time like some people do". I guess that cleared that up.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I took Hydrocodone once, in excess, when I was in school and all I remember about it was getting constipated for about a week and then getting so desperate to **** that I drank Epsom Salt.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I took Hydrocodone once, in excess, when I was in school and all I remember about it was getting constipated for about a week and then getting so desperate to **** that I drank Epsom Salt.
    Ouch!! This too shall pass, as they used to say. ;)

I still don't get the attraction to those things, but I guess that just leaves more for those who do, huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (10-11-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Ouch!! This too shall pass, as they used to say. ;)

I still don't get the attraction to those things, but I guess that just leaves more for those who do, huh?
    Haha very true.

I would say that it has a lot to do with personality. Some people like to go up, some people like to go down ... if you get my drift. My friends who did opiates frequently seemed to be GAD sufferers (although that could have been a result of the substance abuse [across the board] for all I know) so maybe the slow warmth was alluring to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    OKHawk
    No on of consequence is talking about taking anyones guns
    You been watching Fox again, hadn't ya ?

Bedel
    Interesting section on Conceal'ds

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/533...related-deaths

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    OKHawk

Bedel

Then you'd better get your boys and girls out there guaranteeing that very thing because the Repubs have been accusing Obama of that very thing for years, and Kerry and even Al Effin' Gore before them. This one thing might wind up being the pivotal thing in the next election.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Not going to let you get away with this. "Reasonable Control" WTF does that mean? Sounds like the other pair of tits running for nomination of 'crat party who kept using "Sensible Restraints" for days after the shooting. Replace the phrase "Reasonable Control" with a policy. There are currently 13 "Reasonable Control" or "Sensible Restraints" before the Congress. None of which would have prevented any of the "mass" shootings that have been in the news lately. Stop talking like goldfly. You aren't 12 yo like him. Don't force me to start calling you okiefly!

Give me a public policy that we can put before legislators to vote on. No more fluff or bull**** phrases. Give me ideas. Just doing something for the sake of doing something is more about medicating your narcissism than preventing shootings.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    OKHawk

Bedel

You're full of **** as usual steak sauce. The obamarxist continually refers to Australia when talking about the subject. What did they do in Australia?

The following comes from the skinny community organizer's comments following the Oregon, where they have "comprehensive background checks, shooting. The guns used there were purchased legally. Part of his "This is something we should politicize" remarks.

“We know that other countries, in response to one mass shooting, have been able to craft laws that almost eliminate mass shootings. Friends of ours, allies of ours — Great Britain, Australia, countries like ours. So we know there are ways to prevent it.”

The skinny community organizer and his party are gun confiscators. Read what hey say. Not what the liberals in the let you hear them say. You don't have to watch Fox News you just have to listen to them.

Oh and steak sauce is that chart of yours from that lawyers group in San Francisco? If so, not worth the time it took you to post it!
    Last edited by VOLracious; 10-11-2015 at 08:48 PM.